Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
gently caress I can't wait for this gaaaaaame. I'm too hype for island funtime relaxation with my animal friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

A little less than 2 weeks to go.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I was getting a haircut yesterday, and it came up in conversation with my hairdresser that we were both getting this game, so now we have each other’s cell number and friend codes. :3: I feel like Animal Crossing has been popular, but this launch has just been so anticipated and enormous. I’ve never like, gone out in a small town and just connected to someone playing the same game at the same time through conversation so casually like that.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Honestly the game couldn't have dropped at a better time. The thought of revisiting childhood memories and just chilling on this game at this moment in time is genuinely the best feeling ever. Can't wait to hear the music and be happy with my imaginary 3D rendered pixel characters plodding along at a comfy pace in life. Hoping it'll pull me away from focusing on how lovely real life is at the minute.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Jet Jaguar posted:

Not seeing Whore Island in this list, sadly.

It's actually a peninsula.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Captain Hygiene posted:

So.....about breaking into uber HQ just to park your car.......

trespassing is only illegal if you get caught

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

So I realized I had read the avatar restrictions wrong, and spent some time messing with these, but here's some animal crossing/doom crossover avatars.

https://imgur.com/a/XnTHBto

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Games with customization can be pretty interesting time-capsules, and every Animal Crossing is no exception.

A collection of Street Passed homes in New Leaf over half a decade can show how fads change over time, how people change.

This post and the one you just quoted reminds me of the time I streetpassed an ex (was definitely them, embarrassingly unique name) and happened to get some rendition of their house in the HH Showcase. That was surreal because at that point we hadn't talked in years but everything about it was very unmistakably them/their sense of humor. Quite spooky :ghost:

I'm a little bummed, not going to have the cash to get this title until around late May :sigh: I'm wondering what the best budget option is for it though? Used Switch Lite after trading in my 2dsxl/old copy of New Leaf maybe? I don't even have a Switch yet, was waiting on this being released

Also would like to get in on the Raccoon Goons tag if we're still taking names!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Streetpass was a cool feature. I never take my Switch out of the dock but if it had that, I'd probably at least throw it in my glovebox from time to time. Used to work near a big comic book store in Austin and would park close their entrance and leave my 3DS on in the car, would have to come out on breaks to try and get through my hits because they'd get full pretty quickly.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Games with customization can be pretty interesting time-capsules, and every Animal Crossing is no exception.

A collection of Street Passed homes in New Leaf over half a decade can show how fads change over time, how people change.

There's definitely a couple of old SNES RPG/Strategy games that I know will have a bunch of characters named after highschool classmates if I ever load them up again.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Dragons Dogma is kind of a weird one of those for me because my friend that passed away a couple years ago still has their pawn hanging around.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gripweed posted:

If you can't come up with a name on your own you have to roll on this chart and accept what you get. That's the rule

I don't think I wanna visit Suckthigh Island

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

I miss streetpass a lot and I wish they brought it back for the Switch. I loved seeing that green light and then figuring out who you'd passed.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pylons posted:

Dragons Dogma is kind of a weird one of those for me because my friend that passed away a couple years ago still has their pawn hanging around.

That's heartbreaking, but at the same time, kind of heartwarming within the context of the game, since Pawns are actually kind of echoes in eternity of past heroes

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't think I wanna visit Suckthigh Island

Uhhhh, I do..

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Just came across this web app that let's you toy around with the design of your island. Doesn't work too well for me on mobile but seems pretty cool as a nice way to pass some time before the 20th.

https://eugeneration.github.io/HappyIslandDesigner/

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Protip posted:

Just came across this web app that let's you toy around with the design of your island. Doesn't work too well for me on mobile but seems pretty cool as a nice way to pass some time before the 20th.

https://eugeneration.github.io/HappyIslandDesigner/

Im naming my town Nebraska

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1236834683217948672

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's pretty clever for Nintendo to release their island vacation simulator just as air travel shuts down and people are trapped in their homes.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gripweed posted:

It's pretty clever for Nintendo to release their island vacation simulator just as air travel shuts down and people are trapped in their homes.

Did Nintendo create the coronavirus? My column:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

I work in tourism, and if everyone stays home that means I'll have more time for New Horizons. So I guess thank you, Nintendo Overlords!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I preordered and preloaded it so while I'm happy I'm able to play AC ASAP I also am very not happy that I have 12 days of watching that icon taunt me.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1236853601827512320

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gripweed posted:

gonna name my island quarantine now

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1236858415852531715

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I made a thing based off a video I love!

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1236866259213586438

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Your drawings are always so cute!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sign me up for being a Goon Raccoon. Living with a bunch of friends in college sharing a town on the Gamecube was such a fantastic experience and I'm excitedly trying to get as many of my now much older friends to buy in so we can have a new experience now many many years later.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'd love to join the Raccs if I can keep PUNK'S NOT DEAD too :ohdear:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1236904156327280641

Hopefully we'll get an idea of what you can unlock in New Horizons soon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So have we contacted a mod/admin to start the gang tag rollout?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm in on Raccoon Goons.

I bought the game but won't have a Switch until a week later to save :10bux:. Ready to use Amiibo cards to bring back my New Leaf gang and ignore whatever trash animals try to move in on day one. No Sheep Allowed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

No Sheep Allowed.

if you wouldn't take Muffy you are dead to me

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Can a mostly lurker join the Raccoon Goons? <:

I loved New Leaf and I'm extremely on board with this. Can't wait to relax and get all my best animal bros back again to build my island paradise! Thinking going for a jungle exploration aesthetic

^Love all the sheep except Pietro tbh. Straight outta my nightmares

LeafyGreens fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 9, 2020

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I loved making constellations in Wide World. That was a really cool bit of town customization.

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

I'm hyped for this but I still can't settle on an island name and it's very stressful.

Muffy is the best sheep.

edit: I wanna be a raccoon goon too.

an angry penguin fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 9, 2020

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Infinitum posted:

So have we contacted a mod/admin to start the gang tag rollout?

LITERALLY A BIRD and Video Games are both supposedly on it, but it'll probably take a bit, if my memory from the Reborn rollout serves.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I've sent BIRD a PM.

Also I do not envy the poor sod who has to do 161+ gangtags
(Thanks admin+mod team)

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I'll add the latest entries to the list later today, I'm currently about one hour away from moving to my new house and already physically worn out. The new villagers should spend the first week pissing and moaning about a bad back after lifting and carrying boxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I never thought moving to an island would be so much work, snarfsnarf!