Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

They don't care. They released a cremation MTX this season when it got popular. Its time for the nerf bat and time for you to buy new MTX for the buffed skills you use!

They told me I was trolling when I presented this very argument in this same thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

They don't care. They released a cremation MTX this season when it got popular. Its time for the nerf bat and time for you to buy new MTX for the buffed skills you use!

Maybe, we will see! It wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to talk about having motivation beyond pure balance concerns, but micro-transactions are their entire business model. I'm sure they care just a little bit.

There is also an attitude at GGG that the Witch class is the natural protagonist of PoE. It wasn't a coincidence that she was the class they chose to show off PoE2. I don't think they will mess with the Witch too harshly.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Now that's a new one. Source?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I play this game since beta and I never got the feeling that the witch is the main character, not gonna lie.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
the witch is the main character, in my heart :allears:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Totally the marauder, he makes you eat dirt.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dyzzy posted:

Now that's a new one. Source?

Thay said it during the one of the Exile-con videos. There's like 10 hours of footage I can't really give you a timestamp sorry.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Yeah I don't think that's true

cybertier
May 2, 2013
Anyone here knows how a VDS Zerker works on low investment (i.e. league start?). I'm considering starting with a facebreaker cyclone zerker that I transition into VDS once I can afford the saviour or starting with VDS and suffering through not having a Saviour.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Looking forward to Brand improvements - Storm Brand is in an ok spot but could be better, arma brand is total poo poo, here's hoping that brands get some good love soon.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

cybertier posted:

Anyone here knows how a VDS Zerker works on low investment (i.e. league start?). I'm considering starting with a facebreaker cyclone zerker that I transition into VDS once I can afford the saviour or starting with VDS and suffering through not having a Saviour.

As far as melee skills go its a good starter because it has the benefit of having a lot of flat added damage and The Boys help your single target a lot.

Agreed posted:

Looking forward to Brand improvements - Storm Brand is in an ok spot but could be better, arma brand is total poo poo, here's hoping that brands get some good love soon.

I want brand support gem next league

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

a support gem with Can Apply 1 Additional Brand and some tasty More (or, if they want to go nuts with it, a much higher More that only applies to branded enemies themselves not the AOE!)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

didnt see that posted yet

passives have increased effect is new, that could be real spicy on some of the jewels

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Having not played a dedicated brands build before (as in, beyond early leveling), how important is brand attachment range?

Increased passive effectiveness though, that is an interesting affix.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

qnqnx posted:

Having not played a dedicated brands build before (as in, beyond early leveling), how important is brand attachment range?

Increased passive effectiveness though, that is an interesting affix.

Not very, you'll get enough range via the usual brand nodes. The node is kind of interesting because it apparently doesn't have a limit so in theory a brand could gain enough range it grab the next pack completely on its own. In practice though you'll be recalling and recasting so much that you probably won't even notice.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Am I correct in assuming that, since Spellslinger triggers spells simultaneously as opposed to one at a time, having each spell you trigger can be considered equivalent to a support with a 100% more multiplier?

Assuming of course that the two spells deal equal damage in the first place.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Svensken posted:

Am I correct in assuming that, since Spellslinger triggers spells simultaneously as opposed to one at a time, having each spell you trigger can be considered equivalent to a support with a 100% more multiplier?

Assuming of course that the two spells deal equal damage in the first place.

Yeah, I saw a reddit thread where someone had some quick napkin math to conceptualize how more spells compares to more supports.

Imagine, just for the sake of comparison each support is a 40% multiplier

SS + 5 spells: 5x damage
4 spells + 1 support: 5.6x damage
3 spells + 2 supports: 5.88x damage
2 spells + 3 supports: 5.48x damage
1 spell + 4 supports: 3.84x damage

Of course you have to consider mana reservation and other factors too, but its a good starting point I think

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Lechtansi posted:

Sire of Shards Spectral Throw Cast on Crit Discharge Impale

Kevos Setzer posted:

With the item that casts nova skills at range.

McFrugal posted:

That works with Sire of Shards?

Astral Projector is the item, and after some looking, a dev said it does not work with Sire of Shards. The ring applies only to spells with the Nova tag, which as of December were listed here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687705/page/4#p22591833

But "Spectral Throw CoC Discharge" was one of Mathil's builds in Metamorph, and with the Astral Projector, the Discharge goes off wherever the crit landed.

Rutibex posted:

There is also an attitude at GGG that the Witch class is the natural protagonist of PoE. It wasn't a coincidence that she was the class they chose to show off PoE2. I don't think they will mess with the Witch too harshly.

It doesn't sound very official, but I would agree more thought has been put into the witch than some of the other characters. I do want to know more about the Witch's backstory than the others. There's something there they've never elaborated on.

Most of these backstories are my guesses from the old ship opening character selection and sometimes from Nessa's introduction:

Marauder: Karui who rejected Oriath's attempts to enslave him, so they shipped him off to Wraeclast.
Ranger: Poached game from the noblemen's hunting grounds and got caught. she also gay
Shadow: A contract assassin in Oriath, he was drugged and shipped off to Wraeclast as a loose end after one of his jobs.
Duelist: A hero in the Grand Arena, he was exiled after getting into some kind of honor duel and killing somebody.
Templar: Accused of heresy and exiled. My guess is he accused the Templar leadership of heresy themselves for whatever dark thaumaturgy they were partaking in.
Scion: A gifted child of nobles, too talented for Oriath and way too talented for the arranged marriage she was part of. She killed her husband and was sent to Oriath. Her old chatty self was supernaturally in tune with what was happening in Wraeclast, so they may have been glad to get rid of her. For people that don't remember unlocking her, she was captive on the Spectre of God, so Dominus was likely trying to use her gifts.
Witch: Probably the most evil of the characters. I think the exact quote is "They took my family, so I took their children." What does that mean? I really want to know what's behind that.

Kevos Setzer fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 9, 2020

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

Not very, you'll get enough range via the usual brand nodes. The node is kind of interesting because it apparently doesn't have a limit so in theory a brand could gain enough range it grab the next pack completely on its own. In practice though you'll be recalling and recasting so much that you probably won't even notice.

Ah, a slow way to even tu lly clear the map without doing much

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Do we know how spell slinging will work with dual wield?

Will it alternate the bonus damage from one wand then the other? Or add them together?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I imagine it will be added damage from the wand that triggered the cast

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kevos Setzer posted:

Witch: Probably the most evil of the characters. I think the exact quote is "They took my family, so I took their children." What does that mean? I really want to know what's behind that.

They killed her family so she killed their kids. This isn't exactly a veiled metaphor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cynic Jester posted:

, press flask-macro button

Hm?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Remain pure, stay strong.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

They killed her family so she killed their kids. This isn't exactly a veiled metaphor.

It wasn't even her family, just her home. Always took it as them burning her house and she going mental on their kids

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Imagine pressing the flask buttons lol.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It wasn't even her family, just her home. Always took it as them burning her house and she going mental on their kids

The character selection voiceover makes it pretty clear:

quote:

"They were right to fear me. If only they had listened to their cowardice. Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children.

Now I am banished to Wraeclast. I've heard the dark rumours... seen the terror in other exiles' eyes. But to me one land is like any other. The elements are my allies, the dead are my servants, and fear will be my closest friend."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Is it possible to learn this power

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=path+of+exile+flask+macro

Note that GGG explicitly does not allow sending multiple server commands with a single button press.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Imagine making Tenzarin posts lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Missed you too rat!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

whypick1 posted:

The character selection voiceover makes it pretty clear:

Honestly banishment is pretty lenient if shes telling the truth. You would think burning a bunch of kids would mean death, so maybe more is going on there? The Witch seemed like the most interesting character to me, thats why I picked her to begin with. It was just a coincidence that turned out to be the current meta :v:

I also appreciate that no matter how rich I become my character still prefers to dress in filthy rags.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I mean, the duelist killed a nobleman and the scion blew up her new husband. Exile is just how oriath deals with its unwanted

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Honestly banishment is pretty lenient if shes telling the truth. You would think burning a bunch of kids would mean death, so maybe more is going on there? The Witch seemed like the most interesting character to me, thats why I picked her to begin with. It was just a coincidence that turned out to be the current meta :v:

I also appreciate that no matter how rich I become my character still prefers to dress in filthy rags.

I think exile is generally considered worse than death. Have you seen Wraeclast?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

What's Wraeclast? :v:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

There's a bulletin board in Lioneyes Watch that has a little more detail on a bunch of people's crimes including pcs and named npcs. It's pretty fun, if you've never paged through it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Arrhythmia posted:

I think exile is generally considered worse than death. Have you seen Wraeclast?

Thats fair I assume 99.99% of exiles end up as low level undead. That can't be fun

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

whypick1 posted:

What's Wraeclast? :v:

Fifty bucks, same as down town.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I have no idea what Wraeclast is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose