Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'll grab that Residents record you know it baby, I want that Death Piggy re-issue the most, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
One of these years the Chasing Amy soundtrack will pop up on the RSD list and that will be the day I bother to queue up again.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In Chrome at least, the top listing for

quote:

RSD 3" VINYL

totally reads as 3' vinyl due to the kerning, and I now want a giant turntable to play these monstrous bastards.

e: weird, it's not kerning but when you copy/paste it out it's correct. In the browser it highlights as a single character.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

hatelull posted:

It's that time of year again ...

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases?view=all

It's all so very underwhelming for my particular kinks that I don't have much else for flavor. Cool that Ted Cassidy got an RSD release? That New Order Peel Session would be cool.

That New Order disc is just a reissue of a couple of old Peel Session EPs you can get for pretty cheap. I have the first one and it's really good, so in either form I'd recommend it. Especially if you really like Movement. I think the Peel Session tracks from that album sound better than the versions on the original.

hatelull posted:

It's that time of year again ...

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases?view=all

It's all so very underwhelming for my particular kinks that I don't have much else for flavor. Cool that Ted Cassidy got an RSD release? That New Order Peel Session would be cool.

Does RSD first just mean it's a reissue that will roll out later as a regular release?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

Does RSD first just mean it's a reissue that will roll out later as a regular release?

sure does.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

My Lovely Horse posted:

I keep seeing that Boys Next Door album around all the time anyway.

Uhhh where because it's expensive on discogs for the handful of copies they have and I'd really like to get my hands on one.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Some interesting stuff for me this year. Curren$y’s Pilot Talk finally making it to vinyl is great news, although it’s a first release so it should have a wider pressing not long after (also hopefully parts 2 and 3 aren’t far behind).

A non-VMP version of Nat Turner Rebellion is also pretty cool. I’m still hoping an EP will be made at some point with the songs that were left off the album.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

The Presidents of the United States of America have finally released their debut album on vinyl in the States, there’s 10 days left on their Kickstarter

They posted a video on facebook of the jackets being produced earlier today

https://www.facebook.com/PresidentOfTtheUSAband/videos/2842905212444501/

Idk I wasn’t big into them back then but ngl for $25 shipped I’m tempted to throw down.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Unlike you I was HUGE into them and hadn't heard about this, so thank you very much for the heads up!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Lugubrious posted:

Unlike you I was HUGE into them and hadn't heard about this, so thank you very much for the heads up!

:same:

Stoked to grab this guy

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I'm totally in for the Hackers and Dune soundtracks.

And the New Order Peel Sessions.

Wiggity
Oct 22, 2016

Old school cool
Now with all of the millenial bullshit

I LOVE welding on things where chlorinated solvents are present - Phosgene ams your friend!
Looks like this years 3" lineup is Post Malone. I told my buddy that I don't like his face tattoos and I like his music even less, to which my friend said: "I would let them tattoo dicks on my face if I was getting Post Malone money"

I was mistaken to say that they only released one 3" vinyl last year, but was releasing six White Stripes 3" really much better?

I am really excited for D-Sides, though - only waited drat near a decade :O

Wiggity fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 6, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I would prefer to remain pre-Malone.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Interested in that Jay Bennett LP

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Uhhh where because it's expensive on discogs for the handful of copies they have and I'd really like to get my hands on one.
All the time may have been slight hyperbole but I picked mine up in Berlin for €20 a while ago, and the last time I was back at the store they had another copy. I think it's the Australian reissue. Can't find it on their website though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

My Lovely Horse posted:

All the time may have been slight hyperbole but I picked mine up in Berlin for €20 a while ago, and the last time I was back at the store they had another copy. I think it's the Australian reissue. Can't find it on their website though.

Ah, that probably explains it. It's really hard to find in the US.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Aw man, Insound is shutting down. Their stock was kinda all over the place, but their sales were outstanding. No orders after 3/20.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
If I run across this, I'm totally buying it and dropping it on one of my Vinyl-Only sets.

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/11978

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

If I run across this, I'm totally buying it and dropping it on one of my Vinyl-Only sets.

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/11978
I can't say I wouldn't

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
oh god I am an idiot.
I bought what I thought was Todadisco's "You're no good for me" and was super stoked. Only to get it home and find another random record in the sleeve.

Always check every disc guys. It was only $1 but I'm crushed that I didn't strike gold.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
poo poo I shouldn't have looked at the Record Store Day website, I kind of really need that Parish Hall rerelease now.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I got a first pressing copy of Alan Vega today which I was really surprised to even see in a store.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I had to get out of the house today after spending the week working from home. Went to the record shop nearby and picked up the Cable Guy soundtrack on some pretty splatter vinyl. Very happy with this.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

pwn posted:

The Presidents of the United States of America have finally released their debut album on vinyl in the States, there’s 10 days left on their Kickstarter

They posted a video on facebook of the jackets being produced earlier today

https://www.facebook.com/PresidentOfTtheUSAband/videos/2842905212444501/

Idk I wasn’t big into them back then but ngl for $25 shipped I’m tempted to throw down.

quarter mil raised so far, god drat. happy for 'em, they're good dudes

idk if I wanna pick this up though like most people who post here in their 30s this album was really important to me once upon a time

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

JAMOOOL posted:

most people who post here in their 30s this album was really important to me once upon a time

and that old man is me

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
when I was in grade 4 or whatever when Lump came out it really unsettled me. Just the image of a dead body in a car in a swamp really creeped me out.

Love that album though. Two string bass and three string guitar. Good poo poo.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I've had a ART Preamp II sitting in a box since January basically just waiting for me to make my office move into a newly refinished basement and man I thought it was going to just be smoke and mirrors moving away from the Denon internal preamp but this thing just tightened up all the muddy low end I was experiencing. Great $50 investment, I feel like my setup is finally complete.

I've got an audio balun going from this location to my interface and it's just perfect for me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

JAMOOOL posted:

quarter mil raised so far, god drat. happy for 'em, they're good dudes

idk if I wanna pick this up though like most people who post here in their 30s this album was really important to me once upon a time

gently caress you, kitty you're gonna spend the night...

OUTSIDE!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

obligatory KMFDM sucks.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

CPL593H posted:

gently caress you, kitty you're gonna spend the night...

OUTSIDE!

funny story when I first bought this I was 11 and I was playing it loudly with the window open

my Mom came home *right* as that part came on

she came upstairs and confiscated the CD. then gave it back a day later and said "okay, I guess it's not that vulgar"

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

hatelull posted:

obligatory KMFDM sucks.

:hmmyes:

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Now that my situation has changed and I might actually be able to play records, I figure I should properly take care of the ones I already have. To that end does any one have a specific source they like for replacement inner sleeves? I've got a few that are damaged and some straight up missing, if they were ever there in the first place.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

These

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
I use these guys.

There are better/more protective ones, but these have served me nicely and really anything is better than paper.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

if anyone was looking for a new turntable

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/denon-dp-300f-turntable-ortofon-2m-red-upgrade

I picked up this same package a few months back and have been entirely satisfied.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

its these all the way 100% now and forever

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Photex posted:

if anyone was looking for a new turntable

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/denon-dp-300f-turntable-ortofon-2m-red-upgrade

I picked up this same package a few months back and have been entirely satisfied.

I love the 2M series; they sound great and you can actually go up a step if you want to upgrade your stylus (i.e. you can put a blue stylus on a red cart and a black stylus on a bronze cart).

I actually had to order a replacement stylus for my beloved 2M Black recently after some stoned dumbass (me) hosed up the cantilever. hopefully it gets here before the inevitable quarantine or else I'll have to face death listening to *shudder* cds

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
tbh it's better to kill yourself now and retain some dignity than have to descend to living like some sort of wild beast

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This project from Toshi Kasai sounds promising https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/products/plan-d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If you like the beeps and the boops , Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith's new Yoga Opera album just got put up for pre-order in a variety of configurations.