Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Inceltown posted:

Big W is where the poo poo goes down. Cops had to taze someone at one yesterday.

that’s just a typical day at Walmart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cops only have one taser between two officers here. They still get a gun each but only one lightning gun.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Cops only have one taser between two officers here. They still get a gun each but only one lightning gun.

well it will help the environment at least

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shipon posted:

With a plan like this it most assuredly will.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1236316268849958912

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shipon posted:

it won't because the airlines will just fly the planes empty. that's what they're doing now already actually

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

it won't because the airlines will just fly the planes empty. that's what they're doing now already actually

Air New Zealand has been offering $9 one way flights to fill up their planes. For reference it costs you twice that to catch the bus to the airport.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Entorwellian posted:

All of them look really unhealthy

In what way?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Inceltown posted:

With a plan like this it most assuredly will.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1236316268849958912

and you shall know TMARP by the trail of dead

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

bike tory posted:

Air New Zealand has been offering $9 one way flights to fill up their planes. For reference it costs you twice that to catch the bus to the airport.

On the other hand though, they are consolidating flights to make them more full. My flight back yesterday was cancelled and I was moved onto a different flight two hours later, whose sole empty seat was between me and the dude in the window seat :hellyeah:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Weatherman posted:

On the other hand though, they are consolidating flights to make them more full. My flight back yesterday was cancelled and I was moved onto a different flight two hours later, whose sole empty seat was between me and the dude in the window seat :hellyeah:

Oh they couldn't fit anyone between you?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/arb/status/1236032077729910784

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/floydepps/status/1236043937917349888

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh they couldn't fit anyone between you?

I'm the string bean variant of goon, but I appreciate the effort.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Oh no

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Article here

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BernardHarcourt/status/1236792210781331456

The USA is a failed state.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

"What, you're mad? I thought you leftists were for the abolition of private property!"
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎/
:smaug:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

God drat

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1237109361933156354?s=20

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The US is going to surpass China's numbers, even if China fidgeted the count.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Forceholy posted:

The US is going to surpass China's numbers, even if China fidgeted the count.

They didn't. They totalitarianed their way out of the mess, but the us will capitalism it way way way worse

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

You can't let your SO crash for a couple night because they're not on the lease, but they can foist a bunch of new roommates on you and evict you when you call foul. The best system.

Also for whatever reason I can't get the scene of Thorin Oakenshield and the dwarves loving up Bilbo's house out of my head when I read this story.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

nvm

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

skooma512 posted:

You can't let your SO crash for a couple night because they're not on the lease, but they can foist a bunch of new roommates on you and evict you when you call foul. The best system.

Also for whatever reason I can't get the scene of Thorin Oakenshield and the dwarves loving up Bilbo's house out of my head when I read this story.
I hope he uses the sharing economy to Kickstart money for a lawyer to sue the gently caress out of his landlord.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

I hope he uses the sharing economy to Kickstart money for a lawyer to sue the gently caress out of his landlord.

His landlord probably didn't do anything illegal.

:911: :capitalism: :911:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ikanreed posted:

They didn't. They totalitarianed their way out of the mess, but the us will capitalism it way way way worse

I bet it's a combo of fudging and totalitarining, vs the US's capitalisming and fudging.

So tolitarfudging vs capitalfudging.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I'm really worried about North Korea; an already ailing population whose main trading partner is China.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A friend of mine with libertarian leaning went full on ancap, defending price gouging as "now the people who REALLY need it can get it since they'll be willing to pay full price" talking about hand sanitizer, then firing right into how applying morality to money is <R-slur> :cripes: Got to see my fiance go full radical leftist and tear the idea of the libertarian bitcoin utopia to shreds and it turns out that's really hot so all in all a good day

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Danaru posted:

A friend of mine with libertarian leaning went full on ancap, defending price gouging as "now the people who REALLY need it can get it since they'll be willing to pay full price" talking about hand sanitizer, then firing right into how applying morality to money is <R-slur> :cripes: Got to see my fiance go full radical leftist and tear the idea of the libertarian bitcoin utopia to shreds and it turns out that's really hot so all in all a good day

Oh, I just ask libertarians how they're going to deal with child prostitution.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Oh, I just ask libertarians how they're going to deal with child prostitution.

Thankfully he's not that far into libertarianism, he just has acute bitcoin brain poisoning and thinks taxation is theft, despite being unemployed for years and living in a country with free healthcare :frogdunce:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm so happy I never speak politics with anyone, ever,

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

i envy that person

i wish I was in a position where I could spend my time worrying about videogame stuff, instead of economic meltdown and a Nazi resurgence

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

i envy that person

i wish I was in a position where I could spend my time worrying about videogame stuff, instead of economic meltdown and a Nazi resurgence

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

i envy that person

Here's how:

Stop worrying.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm sitting in a doctor waiting room right now with old people bitching about how young people "let" all the jobs get sent overseas and now we're being punished with coronavirus because the Chinese make everything and if we just something something we'd have all the manufacturing jobs back. Obviously this is all Bernie's fault somehow and young people need to wake up and realize... Something.

This whole conversation has me wondering if fox news is a worse brain poison than the leaded gasoline was.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Shame Boy posted:

This whole conversation has me wondering if fox news is a worse brain poison than the leaded gasoline was.

It is. Most people only spend so much time in or around cars. But they can let Fox News and related talk radio into their ears four 8+ hours every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

I'm sitting in a doctor waiting room right now with old people bitching about how young people "let" all the jobs get sent overseas and now we're being punished with coronavirus because the Chinese make everything and if we just something something we'd have all the manufacturing jobs back. Obviously this is all Bernie's fault somehow and young people need to wake up and realize... Something.

Lol it absolutely is. We like to pretend we're above media manipulation but it absolutely effects you. Pouring the worst poo poo into your brain nonstop is going to warp you.