Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

hate to break it to you but the kind of guy who thinks "friend" means "whoever is currently kissing your rear end, or whose rear end you're currently kissing" derives genuine joy from loving their "friends" over and thinks it's you whose missing what's really important
trump's concept of "friendship" is one big transaction and a pyramid scheme. you're friends with him because he knows you. you'll most likely see him once or twice a month but he hands out lots of compliments and he'll introduce you to other people. he's done his part: he's raised your profile by talking you up and introduced you to other people (who now owe you a favor because your world works the exact same) and, in exchange, you owe him a "favor" without question. after all: you wouldn't be where you are without his help.

and it's not intentional, he's not building a complicated web, it's just a bunch of guys that he helped up who now owe him a favor: he's your friend, he's said nice things to you, he's introduced you to other friends who now owe you, why won't you just authorize a million dollar loan in his dead father's name?

trump does this with his own personal value as well, it's largely based on what he "feels" it is because he'll claim the "trimp" name alone is worth $30 billion so he's totally got $29 billion dollars.
it's why he keep saying he "doesn't know" people: he's severing their value. in his mind he's cutting their net worth by billions with one word: "i don't know him" . it's "he's dead to me" for dummies because trunp knows a lot of loving mobsters and doesn't want to accidentally give away a body so he compulsively stays away from certain topics. it's fascinating if you look for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/rothschildmd/status/1237031387506475012

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
lmao it’s like the cultists are watching the other members in front of them collapse after slurping down the Flavor-Aid and now they’re like “hey uh this Plan doesn’t seem so hot”

too late now bitch, take a swing out of the goblet and enjoy the ride

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

lol like a dozen people got caught illegally altering ballots or voting multiple times for Trump in 2016 and not a single one got any time for it. I don't expect she serves so much as a day for this

however a black woman was told incorrectly she could vote and did so and got 5 years in jail

i remember one of those was a woman who got caught voting for her dead husband and she said something like "he would've wanted to vote for trump"

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyelkin posted:

Yeah, they're dying of whiteness and Trump assures them more than any other Republican in their lifetimes that he'll never give a dime to a person of colour so they're ride or die for him forever.

It's also easy to forget stuff like Dubya taking outreach to Hispanics very seriously coming from being gov of Texas, then the rank and file chuds blowing up the GOPs whole electoral grand strategy for a decade by going full white identity movement. Bush also strongly condemned anti-muslim bigotry after 9/11.

Now look what Trump is doing by contrast, and that's why the deplorables will love him forever.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
dubya was straightup pushing for amnesty and his party freaked the gently caress out about all those spanish-speakin browns so he backed right down

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

Yeah, Calling yourself an independent or Libertarian became the norm because people were embarrassed by Bush. His only claim to fame was a huge bump of 9/11 and rallying the nation to go kill people which apparently people really really like to do indirectly. Without 9/11 I'm not even sure if he would have beat Kerry in 2004 for his second term. A lot of Republicans held their noses for that election.

I was half expecting this to happen with Trump, but it hasn't. He has hit Regan levels of godhood with his followers even though he can't even speak a complete sentence.

I'm pretty sure the R's have been shrinking the same way they did 2005-2008, maybe not at the same rate, but its the same phenomenon. This market crash continues and i bet you'll see it speed way up. Those R's turned independent mostly still vote R, but given the incredibly tight margin of Trump's 2016 win, mostly isnt enough.

Another round of winnowing the semi-sane from the Republican party is likely to result in even more bonkers primaries, so there's that to look forward to as well.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Philthy posted:

Yeah, Calling yourself an independent or Libertarian became the norm because people were embarrassed by Bush. His only claim to fame was a huge bump of 9/11 and rallying the nation to go kill people which apparently people really really like to do indirectly. Without 9/11 I'm not even sure if he would have beat Kerry in 2004 for his second term. A lot of Republicans held their noses for that election.

I was half expecting this to happen with Trump, but it hasn't. He has hit Regan levels of godhood with his followers even though he can't even speak a complete sentence.

The lesson is simple: Bush was loving stupid but he was loving stupid in the wrong ways. If you're loving stupid like an rear end in a top hat who isn't paying attention in class and tries to laugh it off no one will like you. If you're loving stupid like your brain is rotting out your ears and you're proud of it then people will think you tell it like it is.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I'm pretty sure the R's have been shrinking the same way they did 2005-2008, maybe not at the same rate, but its the same phenomenon. This market crash continues and i bet you'll see it speed way up. Those R's turned independent mostly still vote R, but given the incredibly tight margin of Trump's 2016 win, mostly isnt enough.

Another round of winnowing the semi-sane from the Republican party is likely to result in even more bonkers primaries, so there's that to look forward to as well.

while self-identified Republicans are pretty clearly shrinking into the hardcore Trump cult, Trump's overall approval has been pretty static all along, especially compared to the absolutely wild swings that Bush saw. Anyone who was gonna change their minds did it in the first three months of his Presidency and now nothing matters.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hispanics are gonna start going to the GOP in bigger numbers from now on, probably starting this year, because the Dem base has demanded the party take a firm stance on immigrant rights and closing down the baby death camps on the border, and the stance they've taken is "we'll not be discussing this going forward"

A big reason why Bernie is doing so well with Latinos is because he's the only one who is even giving them the time of day anymore. The Party has decided to protect Obama's legacy by keeping the camps open and letting the GOP determine what their immigration policy will be

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gusano scum have had it insanely good and are well taken care of by both parties in Florida, what can anybody who has aligned themselves with the Dems say? Obama passed a half measure and then handed the DACA list over to ICE? If you bring it up at a town hall you'll be dragged out by security?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Hispanics are gonna start going to the GOP in bigger numbers from now on, probably starting this year, because the Dem base has demanded the party take a firm stance on immigrant rights and closing down the baby death camps on the border, and the stance they've taken is "we'll not be discussing this going forward"

A big reason why Bernie is doing so well with Latinos is because he's the only one who is even giving them the time of day anymore. The Party has decided to protect Obama's legacy by keeping the camps open and letting the GOP determine what their immigration policy will be

I can see that happening once Trump's gone, but i really doubt you'll see it while he's still in office.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I can see that happening once Trump's gone, but i really doubt you'll see it while he's still in office.

Trump got 30% of the Hispanic vote in 2016, more than Romney got, and he's in a stronger position now as an incumbent and in the wake of the Dems being comprehensibly incapable of doing anything to stop him or even doing any outreach. The young ones won't vote for him but if it isn't Bernie on the ticket odds are they just stay home.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

remember that Chaldean community that went big for Trump because he was talking about loving up the bad kind of Middle Eastern immigrant, not them, they're Christians?

now imagine that they were a checkbox away from identifying as white

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Zeno-25 posted:

It's also easy to forget stuff like Dubya taking outreach to Hispanics very seriously coming from being gov of Texas, then the rank and file chuds blowing up the GOPs whole electoral grand strategy for a decade by going full white identity movement. Bush also strongly condemned anti-muslim bigotry after 9/11.

Now look what Trump is doing by contrast, and that's why the deplorables will love him forever.

yeah, if it weren't for the whole immigration thing, older, non-cuban Latinos would be a fairly decent conservative voting block due to cultural issues. Hell, Reagan gave 3 million immigrants amnesty in the 80s.

Epic High Five posted:

Sanders is also the only candidate who has said anything about abolishing ICE. Turns out that when an oppressed people will ride or die with a dude that addresses that a fascist organization is indeed fascist.

Epic High Five posted:

Gusano scum have had it insanely good and are well taken care of by both parties in Florida, what can anybody who has aligned themselves with the Dems say? Obama passed a half measure and then handed the DACA list over to ICE? If you bring it up at a town hall you'll be dragged out by security?

POC capitalists are the worst. It was a good thing Fidel took your slaves and Mao crushed your egg monopoly.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

while self-identified Republicans are pretty clearly shrinking into the hardcore Trump cult, Trump's overall approval has been pretty static all along, especially compared to the absolutely wild swings that Bush saw. Anyone who was gonna change their minds did it in the first three months of his Presidency and now nothing matters.

Bush didnt really have any major swings other than getting a bump from 9/11 and a much smaller bump for invading Iraq

Other than that his approval was a very much steady trend downward

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Latinos aren’t going to the republicans they more than likely are just gonna stay home if anything

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Why can't these dumb fucks take the cyanide train like those nice people from the meteor bullshit cult

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

Latinos aren’t going to the republicans they more than likely are just gonna stay home if anything

"Latino" covers a hell of a lot of ground and some communities will absolutely go Republican while others will get an ICE paddywagon parked in front of their polling stations

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

yeah it's a pretty giant umbrella, and if the chud scum turn out like usual while the rest just stay home, that's an increase in vote share for Trump in the end

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

CharlestheHammer posted:

yea, if they weren't a maga chud in 2016 there's fuckall reason to become one now. esp if you're of mexican or puerto rican heritage

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/business/status/1237073905547952131

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

They had 5.9 trillion as of December last year.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
The coronavirus is the wrath of an angry God smiting boomers for being lovely all their lives. Enjoy your rapture lmao.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

His party also got a lot smaller in his second term because people stopped identifying ad Republican. His support remained strong because the people who didnt like him stopped identifying as Republican.

This is also why the Dems are so obssesed with "civility" and being "moderate". Those people who stopped identifying as Republicans did so because they were embarassed to be associated with Bush (not his policies, just the fact that CNN and the Daily Show started to mock him), not because their actual political beliefs changed. They just decided to take over the Democrats instead.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Our only hope is boomers flu

Boomer flu take my energy (~‾▿‾)~

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Epic High Five posted:

Gusano groups have never given a poo poo about immigration stuff.

Nothing you've posted on this entire page has made any sense at all lol.
Even especially suddenly talking about how latinos covers a big umbrella, right after the above post.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Dems are jettisoning any outreach or policy concessions to Latinos and will suffer as a result

Trump already did better with them than previous Republicans, why is it incoherent to presume he would do even better as an incumbent against a hapless party of now proven idiot losers like the Dems?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Epic High Five posted:

The Dems are jettisoning any outreach or policy concessions to Latinos and will suffer as a result

Trump already did better with them than previous Republicans, why is it incoherent to presume he would do even better as an incumbent against a hapless party of now proven idiot losers like the Dems?

Non-gusano Latinos who are turned off by half-hearted Dems aren't going to go "Shucks, best vote Republican than da-hyuck."

The Gusanos were already voting GOP and will continue to do so.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Trump did better than Romney with latino and black voters because literally no one wanted to show up for Hillary Clinton but all the RW shithead fygm minorities that voted Romney still showed up for Trump.

Maybe that would happen again with Biden, but I'm really not sure. Bidens favorables are like 11 points better than Hillary's from this point in 2016.

Bernie needs to pull some magic tomorrow because I'd rather not find out either way.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Trump did better than Romney with latino and black voters because literally no one wanted to show up for Hillary Clinton but all the RW shithead fygm minorities that voted Romney still showed up for Trump.

Maybe that would happen again with Biden, but I'm really not sure. Bidens favorables are like 11 points better than Hillary's from this point in 2016.

Bernie needs to pull some magic tomorrow because I'd rather not find out either way.

the problem is despite all of Hilary issues, she could speak and pretend like she cares

Biden can not, they can hide that now but in the general

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

lmao it’s like the cultists are watching the other members in front of them collapse after slurping down the Flavor-Aid and now they’re like “hey uh this Plan doesn’t seem so hot”

too late now bitch, take a swing out of the goblet and enjoy the ride

Wait they had a goblet at jonestown?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Grape posted:

Non-gusano Latinos who are turned off by half-hearted Dems aren't going to go "Shucks, best vote Republican than da-hyuck."

The Gusanos were already voting GOP and will continue to do so.

The problem isn't them deciding to vote for Trump. The problem is that they may decide to just stay home. Voter enthusiasm matters a lot.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

the problem is despite all of Hilary issues, she could speak and pretend like she cares

Biden can not, they can hide that now but in the general

It's unclear at this point whether rank and file dem voters actually care thar Biden's brain is porridge.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I suspect about two weeks from now this thread title is going to be the greatest one in SA history.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MrMojok posted:

I suspect about two weeks from now this thread title is going to be the greatest one in SA history.

https://twitter.com/dianabutlerbass/status/1237161062312620032

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It's unclear at this point whether rank and file dem voters actually care thar Biden's brain is porridge.

while that is true , the vote blue no matter who brigade just aren’t enough. I just can’t see Biden getting anyone who would not vote dem no matter what.

Maybe they can but eh

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Good. Get in the urn. The quicker the better.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

It's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
there's also some number of hispanic US citizens with undocumented/DACA relatives who assumed trump would chill on immigration after the election like a typical GOP suit. even if the dems only offer status quo poo poo, some who sat out 2016 will to be motivated to get rid of trump. i mean, i'm p sure if he wins big in 2020 the DACA kids are hosed

ofc, this is basically the centrist dem theory of winning elections. i'm not endorsing it, it's morally bad, doesn't guarantee a win anyway, and it locks us in a dysfunctional codependence of negative partisanship between the parties where nobody ever has to do anything to make life better for their constituents. but in the short term, :shrug: