Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Bloodlust is super powerful, it's one of the most beneficial traits in the game.
e: e.g. you can finish off a downed enemy or unfortunate pod crasher for a huge lasting mood buff

One of my nobles is bloodlust.

After a battle, everyone limps home...

But not Ryan the Knight... no... he walks into the battlefield with his psyfocus staff, and then thwacking begins...

x5 of both killed someone and watched someone die is some massive happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

I love how the throne room is considered a social space, so you often get people getting drunk by the harp or lighting up a blunt on the throne.
Throw a table and a bunch of recreation items in there too, a throne room can easily double as a dining room and rec room. :v:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Asimo posted:

Throw a table and a bunch of recreation items in there too, a throne room can easily double as a dining room and rec room. :v:

Like a mead hall set up. Noice.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Anyone know if pawn backgrounds influence the story teller? I just found it really funny that my main research guy has the cat scientist backstory and randy decides to bless him with not one but two "animal joins" events with Bengal cats so now I have about 15 of the things in my base. Naturally I assigned them all to have him as their master.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Anyone know what this quest might want me to do based on the name? I really want that reward and it's only 2 star difficulty but I'm afraid to accept it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's probably a simple raid, it might be a site you'd have to go clear but I would bet it's a raid. You can always just savescum it if you want.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

It's probably a simple raid, it might be a site you'd have to go clear but I would bet it's a raid. You can always just savescum it if you want.

That reminds me something I don't see others do often but they should, pack up and go murder raider bases off the map tons of free poo poo easier then you'd think and you get huge rep bonuses with basically everyone.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Flesh Forge posted:

Side note, shelves and boxes are very good because they hide the ugly stat on things like, uh, human corpses :kiddo:
Shelves now have a path cost which means you can put them next to your work bench and your pawn will pull things right off them without moving

I previously made a mod for this to test my fix but I never shared it, though it became Vanilla cause of my bug report :)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

ShadowHawk posted:

Shelves now have a path cost which means you can put them next to your work bench and your pawn will pull things right off them without moving

I previously made a mod for this to test my fix but I never shared it, though it became Vanilla cause of my bug report :)

Why, you shelven't have!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Reduce -> Reuse -> Recycle

I actually have renewable power coming out of my ears because of the huge river and multiple geothermal vents nearby but, y'know, everyone should do their part :kimchi:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
....Why do you have a cremator in your freezer, along with a bunch of clothes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nalesh posted:

Perhaps you should take a gander at what the selected pawn is doing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Nalesh posted:

it's good to keep it near the most useful worktable in the game

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Fun trivia: Horses are eligible for hauling training at birth

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Yeah I've completely supplanted my hauling dogs with hauling horses. Dogs tend to get hungry slower, nuzzle, and have a lower wildness/animal handling skill needed, but horses are faster (5.8), pack animals (75kg), can be trained at hauling at birth, have reasonable gestation lengths, and eat grass/hay.

They also turn to plain leather rather than dog leather, which is a slight benefit given how many other animals turn to plain leather and the slightly better stats (I think sell price and cold?) of plain leather.

I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of my muffalo herd ever since they can't do milk anymore. No need for pack animals - I send the stallions for pack animals, and they're way faster than muffalos (at 4.5). Muffalo wool isn't that special compared to what I get from hunting.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Flesh Forge posted:

Reduce -> Reuse -> Recycle

I actually have renewable power coming out of my ears because of the huge river and multiple geothermal vents nearby but, y'know, everyone should do their part :kimchi:

WHAT THE HELL THERE ARE TWO TILE COOLERS

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

WHAT THE HELL THERE ARE TWO TILE COOLERS

I was wondering about that, is it a mod or a new addition?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

OwlFancier posted:

I was wondering about that, is it a mod or a new addition?

That's not in the vanilla dlc, it must be a mod.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Those are included with Replace Stuff, a very good mod that removes so much loving busywork:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1372003680

if you're not using it I feel sorry for you

HelloSailorSign posted:

Yeah I've completely supplanted my hauling dogs with hauling horses. Dogs tend to get hungry slower, nuzzle, and have a lower wildness/animal handling skill needed, but horses are faster (5.8), pack animals (75kg), can be trained at hauling at birth, have reasonable gestation lengths, and eat grass/hay.

The only downside is they poop more. Dogs have a filth rate of zero (i.e. they don't poop where they're not supposed to)

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 11, 2020

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Perhaps you should take a gander at what the selected pawn is doing.

Wasting perfectly good meat?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

The only downside is they poop more. Dogs have a filth rate of zero (i.e. they don't poop where they're not supposed to)

True, though I've a designated cleaner at this point so I don't have cleanliness issues.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Love when a quest sends me a champion and he has Wimp. Guy in full plate armor, plasma sword, 15 melee. One bruise and he was down.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I often have a tailor issue where I queue up a few orders (ex: dusters) and even though I have loads of materials and the bill by default checks off all material types the job always says there's no material. This time the tailor made one duster and now it's back to "no materials."

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Are they within range of the order? I often set my range to be low so they aren't trucking across the map for ingredients, that's the job of the haulers to bring it in.

But then, stockpile screw ups means sometimes things are stockpiled out of range of the order.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Other issues can be if the crafter is restricted to a zone where the materials are not, if the materials are currently being hauled (or about to be hauled) somewhere, if the crafter doesn't have the minimum crafting skill required to do whatever job you've queued up, or if the materials are inaccessible due to forbidden doors or other obstruction.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

One more, if the worktable is set to only take materials from a particular stockpile

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I only adjust materials range for a couple of things, like butchering animals. Perhaps the Deep Storage mod is hiding the materials. I hope not because I love that mod.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I’ve not had that issue with deep storage, they pull just fine. Make sure you didn’t accidentally red x the stacks in the storage module and remember you can’t combine different leathers.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I've never tried Deep Storage, I just use OgreStack and vanilla shelves/boxes, and RimFridge / 1-tile shelf.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
To get kidneys do I have to harvest from raiders? I'm running low.... on kidneys.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I think you might be able to buy them on occasion from an exotic good trader, but the usual place most people get them is from raiders, yes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Decrees are really getting to me.

I have no idea how big this growing area needs to be.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tenzarin posted:

If I was a noble, this would also be my decree.

Everyday.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Look, the party can't start till it's there and loving GODDAMNIT WE'RE SOBER HURRY THE gently caress UP

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tenzarin posted:

You can check how much each harvested plant will yield, then depending on how good your planters are you can guess how much extra you'll need to account for botched harvests.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Tenzarin posted:

I got a decree for ~650 psychoid leaves, with my existing fields about 2/3ds of the way to harvest. I have enough of a growing season to harvest the planted corn and get in a second round, and apparently my psychoid harvest is about 340 leaves, so I'm probably already bringing in about ~900-1100 leaves per growing season.

I'm sure they'll get more obstreperous as time goes on, but I found this first-ever decree I've received pretty underwhelming considering I'm already set up to export blunts and poppy tea.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

weird that the wiki doesn't say how many leaves you get from harvesting 1 plant.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Management games that have your pawns be infuriatingly stupid, aren't good no matter how funny it can be for the "story". Well at least I can't qualify the end product as good. There's good in their sure but if I have to heavily mod my game (or worse can't) to fix it it's a problem. For fucks sake haul that drat monkey you killed into the freezer on your way back you stupid gently caress. Eat if your hungry! Why did you eat raw meat over nutrient paste? AAAAAHHHHHHhh. Oh yeah and while I'm dumb I shouldn't be struggling with the interface 40+ hours in.

Now excuse me I gotta make the best mountain base!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

I've never tried Deep Storage, I just use OgreStack and vanilla shelves/boxes, and RimFridge / 1-tile shelf.

Going from OgreStack to Deep Storage is a W I L D transition. You will want to tone your stack sizes to be relatively low.

If you are going to be combining the two mods I've found setting OgreStack to 2X across the board is a comfortable start point. I set my meals to 10 and my meds to 20 because of kitchen and hospital production flow.

I keep one of each "stacker" installed in my general stock pile. When something needs the Deep Storage, having a built copy is the easiest way to reference which thing holds what item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

Management games that have your pawns be infuriatingly stupid, aren't good no matter how funny it can be for the "story". Well at least I can't qualify the end product as good. There's good in their sure but if I have to heavily mod my game (or worse can't) to fix it it's a problem. For fucks sake haul that drat monkey you killed into the freezer on your way back you stupid gently caress. Eat if your hungry! Why did you eat raw meat over nutrient paste? AAAAAHHHHHHhh. Oh yeah and while I'm dumb I shouldn't be struggling with the interface 40+ hours in.

Now excuse me I gotta make the best mountain base!

- make yummy lavish meals so nobody is interested in raw meat unless they're super into raw meat
- hunters always carry their kills back even if they're normally exempt from hauling labor, unless interrupted e.g. by the "animal revenge" thing

I have never had any problems with the UI, it's heaps heaps heaps better than pretty much any similar game I've heard of. What aspects of the UI are giving you problems?