Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Covid19 isn’t changing my life in any appreciable way beyond work implementing some policy changes but it’s weird to be deadset on hand waving away the potential risks

Literally not one single person itt is doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The best things you can do are being hygienic and not going into work if you're sick. RIP America I guess

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

your friend wicka posted:

Literally not one single person itt is doing that.

the kentucky quid posted:

We aren’t all “hosed” the mortality rate of this thing is almost identical to every other strain of influenza, the hysteria surrounding this whole thing is completely unwarranted.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ah yes the actuaries, fingers on the pulse of emerging viruses

Exactly how do you think health organizations determine how to allocate supplies and resources lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Exactly how do you think health organizations determine how to allocate supplies and resources lmao

They definitely talk to actuaries doing life insurance policies

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you think "the hysteria surrounding this whole thing is completely unwarranted" = "hand waving away the potential risks" then you are choosing to start a fight that doesn't exist.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

“Bob, where should we send these n95 respirators?”
“I don’t know, let me ask Phyllis from Albany at Met Life.”

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They definitely talk to actuaries doing life insurance policies

We do health insurance too and often recruit actuaries from that line of work because they have a better understanding of new drug demand and pricing. hth 🙂

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

We do health insurance too and often recruit actuaries from that line of work because they have a better understanding of new drug demand and pricing. hth 🙂

That makes sense. The pricing for drugs like “novaccineyet” usually require a pretty high level skillset

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If you think "the hysteria surrounding this whole thing is completely unwarranted" = "hand waving away the potential risks" then you are choosing to start a fight that doesn't exist.
There is no unwarranted hysteria, meaning if you're against the current measures you're absolutely "hand waving away the potential risks".
The infection rate absolutely has to remain within the capacity to deal with it, or the mortality rate is closer to 20% than 2%.

And that's literally the opinion of the CDC, not someone choosing their bingo numbers by what insurance policies are doing or whatever the gently caress tertiary metric someone is comforting themselves with.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Radiohead71 posted:

I wonder if he will say "Bahrain has the best fans ever" when there is no fans this year?

Strong case to be made for this being correct

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

There is no unwarranted hysteria, meaning if you're against the current measures you're absolutely "hand waving away the potential risks".
The infection rate absolutely has to remain within the capacity to deal with it, or the mortality rate is closer to 20% than 2%.

"the hysteria is unwarranted" does not mean "I'm against the current safety measures." Khablam, stop loving lying just to pick fights.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pablo Bluth posted:

And Italy is around 5-6%.

Second eldest population in the world, so second most at risk.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Just FYI the olds that are being killed by turbo flu largely contribute gently caress all and are hoarding the wealth, please stop giving a gently caress about wet market sniffles.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Just FYI the olds that are being killed by turbo flu largely contribute gently caress all and are hoarding the wealth, please stop giving a gently caress about wet market sniffles.

Why aren’t you running to be Labour Party leader???

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I hope Trump gets it though, that would be loving sweet.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Theophany posted:

Social Security back on track for long term funding, good job CIA 5 stars.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Why aren’t you running to be Labour Party leader???

white pale and male (though a long way off stale) :shrug:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Whenever a voter disagrees with Biden he gets in their face and tells them to gently caress off so yeah he's going to get crushed by Trump

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

Absolutely not, Mike pence is awful and the public would eat up the sad sack coronavirus poo poo and re-elect him/elect pence

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Whenever a voter disagrees with Biden he gets in their face and tells them to gently caress off so yeah he's going to get crushed by Trump

I mean both dem front runners are a headache and a cough away from Amy Klobuchar being back in the race

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

I mean both dem front runners are a headache and a cough away from Amy Klobuchar being back in the race

Anyone with that name who didn't go for the obvious "it's Klobberin' time!" jokes does not deserve to hold public office.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

Amy is pretty old too so it’s time for McKinsey Robot to return

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

What ever happened to that kid that egged that Australian racist senator? He’s got a bright political career ahead of him if the Coronavirus kills off enough old people.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Theophany posted:

Second eldest population in the world, so second most at risk.

But enough about this thread.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

We were discussing this at work and the consensus was $1,500 was an acceptable price to be infected by the Coronavirus

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i am somewhat excited for first practice sessions to get underway

as much as i hate formula 1 i still do also enjoy it so it will be nice to have it back underway as a nice diversion

also i love getting up to date world news from the infectious disease experts and political scientists in this formula 1 thread

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

We were discussing this at work and the consensus was $1,500 was an acceptable price to be infected by the Coronavirus

mods please change his name to 1500 quid Coronavirus

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

as much as i hate formula 1 i still do also enjoy it so it will be nice to have it back underway as a nice diversion

also i love getting up to date world news from the infectious disease experts and political scientists in this formula 1 thread

just lol if you get news and opinions from anywhere but the emeritus professors and subject matter experts on everything that post in this thread

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Bring black the black plague imo, those weird bird looking doctors are pretty cool

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Oh wow 90 posts over night what happened!!!

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

I also like to watch Formula 1 and am excited for it to start again. Just finished DTS which is probably amping my hype. Very interested to see how the Tracing Point runs, if McLaren can keep making progress, if Renault still sucks, if Williams can not come in last, ect. The mid-field should be fun to watch. However, I'm sure the excitement will subside once the cameras just show Bottas 3 seconds behind Hamilton for the whole race after Sharl and Vettel collide on turn 1.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Looking forward to the obligatory “oh who died? Oh...” posts that people think are comedy gold

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Somebody over 80 with a pre-existing respiratory condition. Now go buy some more hand sanitiser for like $30 a bottle.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCgcRFxp7oI

2020 intro

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

OhsH posted:

yer fat mam happened

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ltZmI5LQw

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

gunna go ahead and vote this for my POTY2020- mark it down wicka. Now I have to watch all the Sash! music videos

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
My mam is a wonderful person you red painted garbage bin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1T1dS-bh4s

I wish gonzo was here so he could say he really likes this song

e; this one is also covid themed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRvGZffXhfk

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 11, 2020