Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

not an endorsement posted:

a colleague of mine went on an expedition of 100 female scientists to the arctic and i'm not sure what came back is her

What makes you say that? odd food cravings or the consumption of human flesh I mean what's going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Why the gently caress do the wall street dorks call it bull and bear markets, it some sort of sex thing?

someone once told me it’s because bears attack you by clawing down on you but bulls attack by goring up with their horns into your guts. the point is they’re both killing you I guess?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

NextDoor continues its reign as the most boomer-cursed social media

J U I C I L Y

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1237879828256194562

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

TMMadman posted:

Man, the government hosed her over so loving hard.

She has been in prison for refusing to obey a subpoena since February 2019. Meanwhile dozens of Trump admin officials have ignored subpoenas from Congress and have faced absolutely no consequences.

Anybody know a mailing address for her?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Why the gently caress do the wall street dorks call it bull and bear markets, it some sort of sex thing?

It comes from bull and bear fights where in a bull fight you get a sword but in a bear fight you just get a maiden.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

tenderjerk posted:

If you are single and shop at costco you're basically a doomsday prepper :smugdog:

Old guy at work was talking on the phone telling his son about how there was no toilet paper left in the entire state, and then called his wife to ask her to buy some for their family (he lives across the border in a different state).

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

donarudo torampu

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

mekyabetsu posted:

If you read the article, it hasn’t “reached” the Arctic. One scientist who was scheduled to take part in the expedition tested positive as part of a screening that was done in Germany, before he left for the ship.

arctic expedition members are usually fairly healthy so even if it had the worst case scenario is a bunch of cold nerds get a mild case of the flu for a couple weeks and then come back immune

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i havbe turmovirus

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

lol at our idiot media treating this as a real thing and not something he will be looking at very strongly probably over the next week

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
i'm not stepping on that ship to the arctic. you guys are acting weird about this

something's up

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

ChipNDip posted:

Old guy at work was talking on the phone telling his son about how there was no toilet paper left in the entire state, and then called his wife to ask her to buy some for their family (he lives across the border in a different state).

I drive 250 miles to WV to get mine, it's so cheap there and they have the ones with swirly ridges

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

His people already talking about how awesome of a job he is doing.

*reading all of that* same

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1237879922007236615

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

the popes toes posted:

I drive 250 miles to WV to get mine, it's so cheap there and they have the ones with swirly ridges

just climb onto your sink and stick your rear end under it

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Lol but but obama bungled h1n1!

lets just ignore that h1n1 had a mortality rate like a tenth as bad as the common flu

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

If trump gives us (Indefinite) paid sick leave he’ll have done more to help many Americans then 8 years of Obama

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
it’s not easy being Sneezy

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

not an endorsement posted:

just climb onto your sink and stick your rear end under it

I actually saw a man doing that once, at Austin State Hospital. I chided him for it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

the popes toes posted:

lol you all said I was crazy for printing out every page of the trump thread, who is laughing now!!! hahahaha it is me!

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

The Nastier Nate posted:

If trump gives us (Indefinite) paid sick leave he’ll have done more to help many Americans then 8 years of Obama

low bar

but if anyone can gently caress it up, turpo can

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

getting real juicy out there
stay safe, Sneezers

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

defo a ton of people who unironically think the first part

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

The D&D corona-chan thread has pretty much gone full cspam and I want to report all of them. Mods?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

lorn Wayne posted:

defo a ton of people who unironically think the first part

This time next year we’ll all be back to only pretending to wash our hands after pooping

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ragequit posted:

I was a little skeptical after a wild 2019, but 2020 is knocking it out of the park so far.

heck!

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
lol it just hit me again

donald trump is the american president

lol
lmao

just

lol

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tup!

https://i.imgur.com/hOn1zQL.mp4

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I'm perfectly able to hole up for a month save the cigarette conundrum. A month's supply of smokes is loving expensive. Quit you say? In the face of death? Pish.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Nastier Nate posted:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The Nastier Nate posted:

This time next year we’ll all be back to only pretending to wash our hands after pooping

lol yeah this time next year

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

lol so much here but my favorite is the bio truth that dad can’t hang at home with the kids of school closed, even if mom is on the frontline as a healthcare worker lmaao

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
FEEMALES

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
ahahahahaha god fuckin drat

trump

donald trump is president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Good thing we have global warming to kill off coronavirus in the summer!

Checkmate, libs.