Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Love to know how many people have both the financial and property capacity to stockpile 3 months worth of food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Whole Foods in Lincoln Park, Chicago had a massive line. Most everything pre-packaged was picked over. Even meat was running low.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

much as I like this it has stdh written all over it

I definitely can see my kids saying this.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

Love to know how many people have both the financial and property capacity to stockpile 3 months worth of food.

It's not going to be pleasant, but 2000 calories of rice and beans is like a dollar, that's 3 months of food at $90/person. About the same for non-fancy oil. Not that much cabinet space needed.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Doh first case in Boulder County and it's a staff member at the University. They're not closing down the campus for whatever reason but I guess it's here. Time to hunker down and start gaming.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stultus Maximus posted:

I definitely can see my kids saying this.

I believe you, but I just don't see it happening at a random middle school where a random Verified Twitter Person's relative could hear.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Doh first case in Boulder County and it's a staff member at the University. They're not closing down the campus for whatever reason but I guess it's here. Time to hunker down and start gaming.

Had a few confirmed cases in Greeley and Fort Collins. That number is gonna jump really quick.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1238155454108151808?s=19

That dude is so getting fired by Trump. Can't pay for free pandemic testing, but we can shove 1.5 trillion into the stock market because reasons

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I believe you, but I just don't see it happening at a random middle school where a random Verified Twitter Person's relative could hear.

I asked my 16 year old son and he said he heard some kids got the term off of reddit but no one at his school was using it seriously.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Thanks a ton

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Hekk posted:

I asked my 16 year old son and he said he heard some kids got the term off of reddit but no one at his school was using it seriously.

It's on tiktok

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/darrincamilleri/status/1238167140575969280?s=19

what is wrong with your country

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

We hate poor people and vote against our own self interests when someone tells us a minority might benefit from a social policy more than us.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 13, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

That dude is so getting fired by Trump. Can't pay for free pandemic testing, but we can shove 1.5 trillion into the stock market because reasons

In ten years the RW will accuse Biden of being the one who authorized it

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

The standard Republican believes that the only thing the government should be doing is National Defense. Not actually protecting people from diseases and stuff, but bombing brown people in other countries.

That's it. Anything more than that is considered infringing on their freedom. Taxation is theft! And even those people doing the National Defending should be scared of the populace's AR-15s that they keep at home. Never mind that those AR-15s are sometimes used on black people "by mistake".

Michigan Republicans are particularly bad because they've gerrymandered the gently caress out of the state and they keep their power by selling their districts that if they don't vote Republican, they'll turn into Detroit, or Detroit will take their money. Taxation is theft!

Nevermind that Detroit is loving fantastic in places.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://qz.com/1816853/your-dogs-and-cats-cannot-spread-the-coronavirus/

Good news! WHO has confirmed that dogs cannot spread coronavirus, which means they can be let out of quarantine.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Haill SS-18 Satan may his passing cleanse we Sinners

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm probably gonna eat a probe as well lol

Well earned though. :lol:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Trudeau's gonna get it.

https://twitter.com/emilyrauhala/status/1238282233863180296

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 13, 2020

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Albertans at work were all hooting and hollering about this earlier like it was some kind of gift from Tory Jesus. Presumably to distract themselves and each other from their collapsing failure of a province.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I really want to ask Pence how his personal relationship with god is working out right now.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1238231767200534529

Can't imagine this will make the markets feel better. Although I guess that's one way to raise oil prices!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Terrifying Effigies posted:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1238231767200534529

Can't imagine this will make the markets feel better. Although I guess that's one way to raise oil prices!

Wag the dog! Wag the dog!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Kazinsal posted:

The Albertans at work were all hooting and hollering about this earlier like it was some kind of gift from Tory Jesus. Presumably to distract themselves and each other from their collapsing failure of a province.

Truly the texans of canada

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm getting 9/11 vibes from all of this. As in the level of paranoia and disinformation reminds me of the months after 9/11.

Watch us start a loving war with China to restart the economy lol

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Hekk posted:

We hate poor people and vote against our own self interests when someone tells us a minority might benefit from a social policy more than us.

Really well said, but allow me to make one slight improvement.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Lol at Facebook veterans being jealous of coronavirus. BUT WHAT ABOUT 22 A DAY?!?! :911:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Lol at Facebook veterans being jealous of coronavirus. BUT WHAT ABOUT 22 A DAY?!?! :911:

I can easily care about two things at once but poo poo put a third thing on top....

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1238260325260111874

https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/status/1238245834476720128

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
loving idiot just can't read without his glasses, so he reads the speech bad, adds a word, and tanks the Dow by a record number. All because he doesn't want to be seen with glasses.

https://twitter.com/MichaelCBender/status/1238292806877302786?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/487261-senate-gop-weighs-canceling-recess-over-coronavirus

senate break cancelled

https://twitter.com/RealMrClean/status/507694605396353025

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 13, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Shoulda followed through with the freight shutdown, no balls.

There are no taksies-backsies on live propaganda broadcasts, that's how the Berlin Wall came down.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

El Mero Mero posted:

Watch us start a loving war with China to restart the economy lol

What are their nukes named

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My boss isn't a CHUD but thinks this is going to blow over in a few weeks. I don't think it will.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/1238297096064770048

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

This guy's a loving oncologist, not an emergency response planner. His Bio and services read well, but he's not in a position, and never really has been to make this kind of decisions and offer this sort of advice.

I'd stick to whatever Fauci's saying rather than this dude whose credentials include "Worked with the W.H.O. in a leadership role". He's also been pretty cozy with the Trump administration and comes out to directly attack Fauci in his brief.

e: Makary is also a rather hardcore self-promoter in the vein of Dr. Oz, he has some legit advancement in specific surgical techniques to help with pancreatic cancer IIRC, but most of his stuff comes from elected or appointed roles that are outside his area of practice and expertise. He's a talking head that either self-inserts or is invited to provide op-eds to friendly and receptive news outlets.

e2: Dude is a Fox Business type of doctor, most known for "teaching businesses and individuals on how to lower their medical costs through a grass-roots movement". Anything he says, I'd take with a grain of salt.

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Casimir Radon posted:

My boss isn't a CHUD but thinks this is going to blow over in a few weeks. I don't think it will.

Nah, we'll be feeling the ripple effects of this for a few years at least.

Trump admin did an extremely good job of dismantling what would have already been a tepid response to this kind of outbreak, sight unseen.

This ties back to what I was saying before re:

a) Humans are poo poo at long-term risk assessment and disaster preparedness suffers because of it.

b) Rich Old Fucks in Congress and the White House think they're invincible because most of their problems have been solved by throwing money at it. This is not one of those instances, they are just as at risk as the rest of us, vent or no vent. I will be flat-out shocked if all of them get out unscathed.

c) Owing to a + b, Rich Old Fucks are worthless in a crisis.

TBH, if I believed in God, I would honestly start thinking that this was their way of saying 'yeah, I gave non-intervention a shot, but it's time to wipe the slate clean.' Because COVID-19 is honestly the pitch-perfect disaster to illuminate both the extreme fragility/inhumanity of our Rich Old Fucks gov't, and the extreme fragility/inhumanity of our FYGM labor laws.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 13, 2020