Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MarcusSA posted:

They won't be on leave for long.

There is no way they can keep staffing up at this rate.

And we've got about 4 months or less before its :fire: time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Despite Gavin's corrections Disneyland is in fact closing down for COVID-19.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

You win some, you Newsom

anyone ever said this bf

I think is a new one, gj goon.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/dataandpolitics/status/1238199861876379648

Yeah, sure, that'll work out great, I bet.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This is somehow going to result in the headline, "In a 5–4 decision, SCOTUS declares the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution unconstitutional."

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I love that story about the cruise ship, the way the passengers talk about how they spent their time after leaving makes it sound like they were running amok in the capitol lol

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Gonna do myself a big lol if COVID-19 is the domino that somehow leads to California secession

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Is the Rona really uniquely bad here in CA or is this just more Trump sticking it to California?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tacier posted:

Is the Rona really uniquely bad here in CA or is this just more Trump sticking it to California?

It's Donnie Goodbrains being himself.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tacier posted:

The latter, of course.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Tacier posted:

Let's see either Trump has good judgement OR he hates California

Yeah I dunno

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Imagine showing your rear end that bad and then they close it anyway.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tacier posted:

I am not going to say it’s uniquely bad but it’s probably worse than WA. We just are not testing for it(in the numbers we should be) and it’s a powder keg waiting to explode.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

San Diego added another 5 cases today. One possible community spread. It’s everywhere.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pussy Quipped posted:

San Diego added another 5 cases today. One possible community spread. It’s everywhere.

Fuuuuuck.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

Let’s put it this way.

The State health person in OHIO said she is estimating 1% of the state is infected. That’s roughly 100,000.

There is no way in hell CA isn’t that or higher. You all know as well as I do the lower income working class people (and undocumented people) are absolutely not going to go either get tested or go to the hospital unless they are dying. The community spread is going to be horrible in these communities.

Honestly I can’t even say with confidence that the Hispanic community is even being properly informed about this. If I had to guess I would say they aren’t and that is bad bad news.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Link to source for Ohio.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1238214465822371843?s=21

CA is going to be bad and IMO a lot of that does fall on the governor for failing to act sooner.

He definitely has the power to get certain things rolling (awareness campaigns in lower income higher risk areas ect) and nothing was done until the past 24 hours.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

Link to source for Ohio.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1238214465822371843?s=21

CA is going to be bad and IMO a lot of that does fall on the governor for failing to act sooner.

He definitely has the power to get certain things rolling (awareness campaigns in lower income higher risk areas ect) and nothing was done until the past 24 hours.

Didn’t he wave copays on coronavirus testing or something equally transformative and visionary?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

Didn’t he wave copays on coronavirus testing or something equally transformative and visionary?

Yes.

On tests we are not doing or even capable of doing.

GG

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My daughters have a figure skating competition in loving SF this weekend and they haven’t canceled that poo poo yet. Ridiculous.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/katephillips/status/1238264206299934720?s=21

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

It's gonna be bad. I will say the only silver lining is that the emergency Management coordination and response capacity in California is actually better than any other state or institution in the country.

It may be the only state that has the capacity to appreciably bend the curve. Testing be damned.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

El Mero Mero posted:

It's gonna be bad. I will say the only silver lining is that the emergency Management coordination and response capacity in California is actually better than any other state or institution in the country.

It may be the only state that has the capacity to appreciably bend the curve. Testing be damned.

I really really hope so.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

I really really hope so.

I've been part of the coordinated response briefings. It's a genuinely competent group of people who are professional. It will still be bad even with that.

I think the genuinely hard thing will be that if the curve gets bent it will look like shutting down everything looked like a heavy-handed over response.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

El Mero Mero posted:

I've been part of the coordinated response briefings. It's a genuinely competent group of people who are professional. It will still be bad even with that.

I think the genuinely hard thing will be that if the curve gets bent it will look like shutting down everything looked like a heavy-handed over response.

Unfortunately at this point shutting things down is the only thing that will slow it down.

We’ve seen that it works in other places we aren’t special in any way.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

so does this mean I'm not getting my results

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

quote:

Just saying... has anyone actually seen Vince McMahon and Gavbot in the same room at the same time?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm curious, other than it being in "poor taste" (lol) would this thread's scolds have felt the same way if I had said "I hope John McCain's brain cancer kills him ASAP" back when he was alive?

The wise man bowed his head and said, punching up is the same as punching down, you idiot, you loving moron.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Sundae posted:

Just saying... has anyone actually seen Vince McMahon and Gavbot in the same room at the same time?

Quick: someone combine :vince: and :ca:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 23, 2021

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My daughters have a figure skating competition in loving SF this weekend and they haven’t canceled that poo poo yet. Ridiculous.

Yeah I would skip that.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm in San Jose, CA. Last week I invited some people around tomorrow (Friday). I've been like 'hm maybe I should cancel?' and they're all like "I'm not scared!!!! It'll be fine!". One of them is a roommate of someone getting chemo right now who was specifically told their immune system is toast currently and to stay away from sick people. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. A very big HM.

it's my wife and I, a couple who live together, another couple who don't live together. So apart from us it's 4 households worth of people. I'm really unsure about this.

edit: thought this was the coronavirus thread! Sorry.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

WOWEE ZOWEE posted:

Yeah I would skip that.

Not me you have to convince :v:

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Sundae posted:

I tried this app to make a deepfake of Newsom on top of Vince, but alas no cigar.

Instead, enjoy Gavbot:

Sweet dreams.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

redreader posted:

I'm in San Jose, CA. Last week I invited some people around tomorrow (Friday). I've been like 'hm maybe I should cancel?' and they're all like "I'm not scared!!!! It'll be fine!". One of them is a roommate of someone getting chemo right now who was specifically told their immune system is toast currently and to stay away from sick people. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. A very big HM.

it's my wife and I, a couple who live together, another couple who don't live together. So apart from us it's 4 households worth of people. I'm really unsure about this.

Not really sure what you are unsure about.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

MarcusSA posted:

Not really sure what you are unsure about.

Unsure about whether it's a bad idea or a terrible idea.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

redreader posted:

Unsure about whether it's a bad idea or a terrible idea.

If that person really does have immune system issues it’s a terrible idea.

We are just starting this thing and they need to be safe.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Don’t have the chemo person’s Roomate come at least, Jesus.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

redreader posted:

It's fine to cancel plans y'all. The right time to cancel and stop going out is before it's completely obvious you should do so. It should feel a little weird and you should do it anyway. I'm on that tip right now for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I was going to have people over for my birthday at the end of the month but Ive decided not to as having 20-40 people gathered would not be good.