Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/ericlevitz/status/1238487916546056195

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
theyre going to win again lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

dear god please let all of them be fox news morons who insist on shaking the presidents hand

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nancy bumps over into the ultra-fatal 80+ demographic in like two weeks btw

*plays a wicked guitar solo*

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
we wake up one day and the air just seems fresher, the sunlight just a little brighter, honey just a touch sweeter...

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

listen bro, it sure as hell doesn't get any better from there:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

:yikes:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Come on President Ben Carson

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Zil posted:

would he even notice he'd been made president?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Vim Fuego posted:

would he even notice he'd been made president?

It's been his plan all along, slow and steady wins the race.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zil posted:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nancy bumps over into the ultra-fatal 80+ demographic in like two weeks btw

Who cares, the House can elect a new Speaker whenever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

as soon as pence goes they would appoint a new vp so ...

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

euphronius posted:

Requires House and Senate approval

Democrats are too spineless to take advantage of this, but if they were interested in wielding power instead of just being well-paid opposition they could block any new VP appointment

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

euphronius posted:

Can't appoint a new VP in an election year. Need to let the voters decide.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

Despite his personal exposure to multiple carriers of coronavirus
How long can they keep pretending that it wasn't Trump infecting those people

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/mattsheffield/status/1238254465536442376

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

VitalSigns posted:

Who cares, the House can elect a new Speaker whenever

drat dirty pelosilover

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Can you imagine steve mnuchin's john-oliver-lookin-rear end in the oval office

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

Can you imagine steve mnuchin's john-oliver-lookin-rear end in the oval office

I can imagine his Bond villain-esque wife as first lady for sure.

"This Week Tonight: Why you should give up all your diamonds to the White House"

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1238896973689872384

Apr 7, 2003

M_bison_yes.gif

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bets on whether Mittens sends her a Get Well card?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

So...we're basically 1 or 2 stages removed from televangelist faith healers peddling "miracle spring water" as affordable medicine, prayer as health insurance and MLM businesses being pitched as "jobs" at this stage of the game with the full endorsement of the White House aren't we? Pray away the virus, drink this and "start your own work from home business" instead of providing universal healthcare and (at the very LEAST) full unemployment benefits for people affected by this.

I don't expect my son's school year to finish and, through sheer luck, my ex wife is able to work from home and I have a freelance gig going that could use my attention and that pays me more than what I earn at my regular job but through the whole thing, the specter of losing/having health insurance hangs in the loving balance. I make more doing the freelance but it's a contract gig, not a full time job. How the gently caress is this going to work with 75% of the U.S. being wage earners who basically NEED schools to not only babysit bu to FEED their kids?

My 9 year son has ADHD and epilepsy and I'm basically 30 days out from him being uninsured if either me or his mother loses their job since pre-existing conditions being covered are iffy. My boss, a big MAGA Trump idiot, sent out an e-mail telling all of us that we're in for hard times and telling us we need to clean the shop if we want to keep working. I need to get out but every job I am qualified for treats me like a child, an insect and more or less like a worker bee.

Farmers are committing suicide.

I can't even make this poo poo up anymore. I am resigned and beaten at this stage, which takes the pressure off but doesn't make me happy. The gently caress is going on and how can ANYONE have confidence in this idiot or any sort of optimism moving forward?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BiggerBoat posted:

So...we're basically 1 or 2 stages removed from televangelist faith healers peddling "miracle spring water" as affordable medicine, prayer as health insurance and MLM businesses being pitched as "jobs" at this stage of the game with the full endorsement of the White House aren't we? Pray away the virus, drink this and "start your own work from home business" instead of providing universal healthcare and (at the very LEAST) full unemployment benefits for people affected by this.

I don't expect my son's school year to finish and, through sheer luck, my ex wife is able to work from home and I have a freelance gig going that could use my attention and that pays me more than what I earn at my regular job but through the whole thing, the specter of losing/having health insurance hangs in the loving balance. I make more doing the freelance but it's a contract gig, not a full time job. How the gently caress is this going to work with 75% of the U.S. being wage earners who basically NEED schools to not only babysit bu to FEED their kids?

My 9 year son has ADHD and epilepsy and I'm basically 30 days out from him being uninsured if either me or his mother loses their job since pre-existing conditions being covered are iffy. My boss, a big MAGA Trump idiot, sent out an e-mail telling all of us that we're in for hard times and telling us we need to clean the shop if we want to keep working. I need to get out but every job I am qualified for treats me like a child, an insect and more or less like a worker bee.

Farmers are committing suicide.

I can't even make this poo poo up anymore. I am resigned and beaten at this stage, which takes the pressure off but doesn't make me happy. The gently caress is going on and how can ANYONE have confidence in this idiot or any sort of optimism moving forward?

this is the kind of stuff that leads to revolution.

I know people think Americans won’t but no one thinks it will happen until it does.

however I can’t promise it will go in a positive direction to be completely honest

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
if it’s any consolation, we’re not in this alone:
https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimesworld/status/1238818486568321025

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

This is so insane

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
good to see satire is still dead

Apr 7, 2003

Something about the English language causes brain damage in its speakers.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol, once again Kojima is a prophet

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lol

the knowledge fight podcast continually points out how reactionaries always identify with the bad guys in film and its just so crazy why they do that. theres a reason alex jones, an advocate of christian fascism, plays the imperial march theme from star wars so much

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cumshitter posted:

lol

the knowledge fight podcast continually points out how reactionaries always identify with the bad guys in film and its just so crazy why they do that. theres a reason alex jones, an advocate of christian fascism, plays the imperial march theme from star wars so much

Almost sounds like a Onion article how Boris said the slimy mayor was the real hero of the movie Jaws since he didn't want tourism number to go down.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Sleepwalkers, by Christopher Clark posted:

“Though he was ambassador in London from 1898 until 1920, Cambon spoke not a word of English. During his meetings with Edward Grey (who spoke no French), he insisted that every utterance be translated into French, including easily recognized words such as ‘yes’. He firmly believed – like many members of the French elite – that French was the only language capable of articulating rational thought and he objected to the foundation of French schools in Britain on the eccentric grounds that French people raised in Britain tended to end up mentally retarded.”

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

CharlestheHammer posted:

this is the kind of stuff that leads to revolution.

I know people think Americans won’t but no one thinks it will happen until it does.

however I can’t promise it will go in a positive direction to be completely honest

I doubt a revolution will happen.

I've been listening to some sports talk radio and and all the host and callers are like "what are we gonna do?" and "what are we gonna talk about?" It's silly. You can talk about sports history and all sorts of poo poo forever.

My boss is about to put a lot of us on furlough and warned us Friday about what anyone who is paying attention knows is an upcoming recession.

If anything good can come out of this, maybe Americans can self quarantine, read some books, watch some movies in their Netflix queue, study, take a walk on the beach, chill, play some games with their kids, write, draw, go through their DVD collections, pick up those old XBox games, call some old friends and dial their lives down a tad. People are whining about being bored and having nothing to do but we have a million things we can occupy ourselves with if we can just settle down and really look at poo poo. Break out those old DVD's and Wii games. Dig out an old board game you never got around to. Sort out your closets. Clean your homes.

Let's take a siesta and simplify our lives for a month or two. Who loving cares if there's no sports and we can't go to loving Disney World or jam ourselves into a movie theater? It might do us some good to spend some time with ourselves and our families instead of chasing money and working ourselves to death for nothing at all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BiggerBoat posted:

I've been listening to some sports talk radio and and all the host and callers are like "what are we gonna do?" and "what are we gonna talk about?" It's silly. You can talk about sports history and all sorts of poo poo forever.

My boss is about to put a lot of us on furlough and warned us Friday about what anyone who is paying attention knows is an upcoming recession.

If anything good can come out of this, maybe Americans can self quarantine, read some books, watch some movies in their Netflix queue, study, take a walk on the beach, chill, play some games with their kids, write, draw, go through their DVD collections, pick up those old XBox games, call some old friends and dial their lives down a tad. People are whining about being bored and having nothing to do but we have a million things we can occupy ourselves with if we can just settle down and really look at poo poo. Break out those old DVD's and Wii games. Dig out an old board game you never got around to. Sort out your closets. Clean your homes.

Let's take a siesta and simplify our lives for a month or two. Who loving cares if there's no sports and we can't go to loving Disney World or jam ourselves into a movie theater? It might do us some good to spend some time with ourselves and our families instead of chasing money and working ourselves to death for nothing at all.

well like I said everyone doubts it till it happens.

but history is history and Americans aren’t special

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

sat on my keys! posted:

that French was the only language capable of articulating rational thought and he objected to the foundation of French schools in Britain on the eccentric grounds that French people raised in Britain tended to end up mentally retarded.”

lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

post trump voters realizing they made a bad investment under trump

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1238886316517003265

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Agean90 posted:

post trump voters realizing they made a bad investment under trump

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1238886316517003265

From that dude's garage:

Is he hording children's toy's too? Mother fucker looks like a very old teenager.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Take... A siesta? We have sixty dollars left in our bank account until Friday. What the gently caress do you think we would do with even one day unpaid much less weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

Hi, I work(ed) freelance in the tourism industry. gently caress yourself.