Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

enjoying this slide into transcendent joyful madness so much

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1238681054686240768?s=19

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1238651483110834177?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I had to go look up Pete Peterson after that citations needed episode

My Sean Connery “you’re name before you changed it” moment from that pelosi bit I think mentioning he was Greek (Peterson - such a Greek name after all) — Peter Petropoulos; at least his father only went as far as Anglo izing his first name from georgios to George but Pete went full in

Also he was married to the producer of Sesame Street

Washington is full of perverts

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Listening to old Redscare with the much maligned Angela it’s amazing how prescient she was that idpol would be used to attack the left. I mean right now it’s abelist to bring up Biden’s senility. Also think of how it be some homophobic to attack buttigieg for being a sack of poo poo. Really too bad no one listened.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=O5fuFavm4dM
Peter Coffin put out a great video critiquing heconcept used often by media libs. White male rage.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Mar 14, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MizPiz posted:

Brace's Meltdown May will be remembered as a historically significant moment for as long as there is human history

now, it's not customary to enshrine relics like bullet fragments, but,

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

T-man posted:

They get all their money from Radio Free Podcast I hear

the Haight-Ashbury Podcast Clinic

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Doc Hawkins posted:

the Haight-Ashbury Podcast Clinic

Online University of the Americas

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I enjoyed true anon's episode about helping each other out during the pandemic but I'm struggling to get on board with their "don't wish for boomer death" bit after the president unveiled his plan to have Walmart test you in the parking lot or some poo poo

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I just ripped through all the Ghost Stories For the End Of the World (GSFtEOtW?) eps these past couple days and I gotta say its most definitely my poo poo. As a filthy American, I rarely get to hear about Euro based conspiracy history. The Brabant Killers stuff crack pinged my dumb brain in a very good way.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

I enjoyed true anon's episode about helping each other out during the pandemic but I'm struggling to get on board with their "don't wish for boomer death" bit after the president unveiled his plan to have Walmart test you in the parking lot or some poo poo

its called marxism check it out

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

everyone on this forum spends so much time posting about left wing politics but what good has it done you? you don't know the first thing about solidarity

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I Hate My loving Parents Because They Made Me Wash My Sheets More THan Once Every Three Months So Now Im Thirty Five And Posting Tik Tok Memes About Epically Leaking Lung Juice Out They Butthole :gritin: :bernin:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Zas posted:

everyone on this forum spends so much time posting about left wing politics but what good has it done you? you don't know the first thing about solidarity

I apologize for insufficient posting praxis, zas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
as ender's game taught us, you can post good enough to rule the entire world

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Zas posted:

What you call posts I call agitprop :redass:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Zas posted:

I've cultivated extreme solidarity in the Nojoe cause

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i have talked over 10 people through coming out as queer/trans/both irl and online, most of whom went on to move to the left. My posting has let me practice my talking points, and of course I've learned a lot of stuff that I am not reading [dead whiteguy communst]'s boring lovely book to learn.

The internet is real life now, get used to it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zas posted:

there's no solidarity to be found in grocery store parking lots, so it's a tall order for Brace to call for order in the lot of a Ralph's

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Shitposting is praxis.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Zas posted:

oh yeah well i volunteer a minimum of 20 hours a week at the local gloryhole :smug:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Hardon Crime posted:

oh yeah well i volunteer a minimum of 20 hours a week at the local gloryhole :smug:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

V. Illych L. posted:

liz is also much more knowledgeable than me about important economics stuff and has a good knack for offering very salient critiques that i hadn't thought of myself so i appreciate her a lot. i like her assessment of the weaknesses of roe v wade, for instance
Liz rocks, but her claim that "boomers prevented a nuclear bomb from being dropped on Vietnam", L O L.

lmfao, Boomers were more in favor of the Vietnam War than older people at the time, and a poo poo-ton of them would be in favor of dropping a nuclear bomb on Vietnam now. Their Bay Area bias is coming through with this coronavirus poo poo.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
She’s trying to show the underlying diversity of people being put under a generational label, how often when people are using the term what they mean to refer to is old rich white people, and thus class analysis is a better tool

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hardon Crime posted:

look im not sure if you have the looks to be a gloryhole service provider bud :/

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

super macho dude posted:

I just ripped through all the Ghost Stories For the End Of the World (GSFtEOtW?) eps these past couple days and I gotta say its most definitely my poo poo. As a filthy American, I rarely get to hear about Euro based conspiracy history. The Brabant Killers stuff crack pinged my dumb brain in a very good way.

there'll be more soonish just need the spare time to record the next batch of episodes. glad you're enjoying!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
trillbilles really on their game this week

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

lancemantis posted:

She’s trying to show the underlying diversity of people being put under a generational label, how often when people are using the term what they mean to refer to is old rich white people, and thus class analysis is a better tool

Wealth has a massive age component, though. The average millionaire is 60+, and people over 60 are disproporationately white and wealthy. I.E. the vast majority of old people are white, and most of them are doing pretty well (because poor people don't live that long). That's not even getting into age cohort effects on politics (people who are currently in the 60-80 age range have been having consent manufactured their whole lives, these aren't the old people who remember picket lines and beating Nazis like 20 years ago).

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sure, plenty of rich people are old, but still not all old people are rich

This illness doesn’t respect class lines and is especially deadly to older people, and the poorer older people are the most vulnerable; people thinking they’re celebrating rich old white people deaths are really just celebrating the death of the vulnerable

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
nah it's kinda like how white people tend to vote for trump

yeah there's a percentage that aren't evil, but whatever i'm comfortable with hoping my nominally leftwing texan grandma takes her rear end in a top hat bridge club friends with her

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
class analysis is best, but man it's getting harder to ignore the intergenerational divide when you look at things like democratic primary voting trends

lancemantis posted:

This illness doesn’t respect class lines and is especially deadly to older people, and the poorer older people are the most vulnerable; people thinking they’re celebrating rich old white people deaths are really just celebrating the death of the vulnerable

yeah poor old brown and black people will suffer the most, that's why some 14 year old zoomers lashing out at their elders is funny but I sure as poo poo am not going to repeat the sentiment

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i wish tom myers would release a comedy album bashing bernie bros and nick mullen

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Percelus posted:

i wish tom myers would release a comedy album bashing bernie bros and nick mullen

I'm guessing Greg Proops does enough of the former on his podcast, although I haven't listened to that in a looooong time.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Percelus posted:

i just wish his project to make america innate again had been successful

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Can someone ask Brace and Liz what they think about Steve Wozniak thinking that he is patient 0 for US cases of Corona? They are "Bill Gates did corona" people, right? One of the cofounders of Microsoft being US patient 0 seems like it would break some brains

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Was on Facebook during this emoending corona quaretine. So what did Chapo say about this person? Used to organize with her until she went to go work for WFP, was always derailing any meeting or activity all the time .

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Algund Eenboom posted:

I Hate My loving Parents Because They Made Me Wash My Sheets More THan Once Every Three Months So Now Im Thirty Five And Posting Tik Tok Memes About Epically Leaking Lung Juice Out They Butthole :gritin: :bernin:

Don't doxx me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Can someone ask Brace and Liz what they think about Steve Wozniak thinking that he is patient 0 for US cases of Corona? They are "Bill Gates did corona" people, right? One of the cofounders of Microsoft being US patient 0 seems like it would break some brains

plz leave the woz alone, despite his brain being wrong he still loves his dog janet

quote:

I try to educate Janet from my own learning but she doesn't remember subtle things that one never uses. So one time, to better educate Janet, I pushed the button by the driver's left knee (2009 or earlier models), which disable the keyless entry system, and the ability to start your Prius without putting the key into the ignition. As I drove toward home in my Prius my cellphone rang. It was Janet screaming that I was driving away with her key. I'd just driven her Prius to a parking spot by my own Prius. But now her Prius would not start. I calmly told her that I did not have her key. It took awhile to ask where she'd put her key and to calmly tell her to look there (her purse) and she found it. Then I told her calmly to put it in the ignition. When she got home I showed her the button. She will NEVER forget that lesson. I consider it an example of good teaching.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

ughhhh posted:

Was on Facebook during this emoending corona quaretine. So what did Chapo say about this person? Used to organize with her until she went to go work for WFP, was always derailing any meeting or activity all the time .

Amber said she worked for the wfp and Nelini was her boss, and that if people wanted dirty to ask her at a bar.

She then went on to talk about how much the wfp sucked, that they had mandatory fun nights and chants they had to do.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

joepinetree posted:

Amber said she worked for the wfp and Nelini was her boss, and that if people wanted dirty to ask her at a bar.

She then went on to talk about how much the wfp sucked, that they had mandatory fun nights and chants they had to do.

I actually don't remember Amber saying Nelini was her boss. I thought she just referred to "a boss." Am I misremembering?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

as ender's game taught us, you can post good enough to rule the entire world

Amber's Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Majorian posted:

I actually don't remember Amber saying Nelini was her boss. I thought she just referred to "a boss." Am I misremembering?

I don't think she actually named anyone, but it might have been censored out.