Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

brace beldan made it all of 3 hours in quarantine before he lost his mind completely on the TL, ferocious posting however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Autism Sneaks posted:

do we need to start posting tiny brain wojaks at you too

poor thing, you are under the impression voting matters when really the GOP and dems take turns as the head of the death cult we call amerika

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

gh0stpinballa posted:

brace beldan made it all of 3 hours in quarantine before he lost his mind completely on the TL, ferocious posting however

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1238254338440650752

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I will never know if brace actually did shoot his tv

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Retromancer posted:

was Ross Perot a CIA psyop?

I really don't think the CIA would ratfuck their boy HW Bush

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I will never know if brace actually did shoot his tv

probably not in the past week

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1238582743723737088

...maybe it's just that he has more free time to tweet than usual

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Probably not because it's a weird trope from TV shows of yore, no one actually does that.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

friendship cancelled with chapo now trueanon is my best friend

it's a little kooky but the peaks are much higher than chapo, i actually learn poo poo here

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Doc Hawkins posted:

hell yeah my kinda posting

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Lambert posted:

Probably not because it's a weird trope from TV shows of yore, no one actually does that.

i used to say the same thing about heroin

THS
Sep 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1238587620575170560

lmao jesus

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Doc Hawkins posted:

A prophet

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Brace's Meltdown May will be remembered as a historically significant moment for as long as there is human history

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Brace 2024.for General Secretary.

vanishedimam
Nov 15, 2017

emdash posted:

it was pretty anodyne "three people had vehement differences with ugarles over who 'controlled' the show" that killed it. the rest of the splintering seems just based on who best gets along with who

(also it's technically the fourth spinoff if you count Puck Bunnies)

Breaking my lurking to chime in: It's more boring than even that - there was just a growing baseline of resentments over mic time and direction. Charles sort of decided he was the host. I had originally put the idea together and did almost all the production and editing. It just kind of fell apart over who was doing what, who was good at it and who wasn't, and personalities overall. No real beef between me and Charles, mostly the other guys (fairly) deciding to spike it when Charles pissed them off for the last time.

I was hoping we could smooth it over because its a fun hobby for me but alas, so I set up ALAB to focus more on what Andy, Michael, and I have a shared interest in - in-depth weird or lesser-known stories about lawyers and litigants that we do on our own time and schedule, not trying to make a job or any money out of it. I honestly was never in love with the legal news type format of MD and the revolving door of different people with different expertise etc. so in the end I'm happy with how it turned out for me.

5-4 is a media company play where Peter/"law boy" got approached by a media company, I assume based on the MD proof of concept, to make a monetized legal podcast about the supreme court. Hostile Witness is Charles finally having his own "legal news" show like the MD model because I love him but the man has an irrepressible need to do all the talking. There's no real remaining beef among any of the people involved afaik and there being multiple spinoffs just kind of happened over time.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ALAB is excellent, if any of the rest of y'all haven't given it a shot yet. i had a coworker start with episode 2 because anyone can jump on board with making GBS threads on kavanaugh

also tariq, i like your music selection a lot

vanishedimam
Nov 15, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ALAB is excellent, if any of the rest of y'all haven't given it a shot yet. i had a coworker start with episode 2 because anyone can jump on board with making GBS threads on kavanaugh

also tariq, i like your music selection a lot

Thanks! Really Andy is the brains behind the operation, he gets obsessively interested in things like Faketoshi and is really good at digging in deep on stuff like that. It's why I wanted to do something with him after MD imploded. I mostly just like picking the songs so thank you.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1238642351699943424?s=20

brace is the king of posters

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

wait hang on is brace belden pisspiggrandad

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

rude to getfiscal

vanishedimam
Nov 15, 2017

V. Illych L. posted:

yeah, and he rules, and true anon is imo the best podcast running right now

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ooooooh

i was wondering what they were talking about re: the middle east, of course he's literally served in the YPG lol

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

V. Illych L. posted:

ooooooh

i was wondering what they were talking about re: the middle east, of course he's literally served in the YPG lol

braver than the american troops by far, and that's just for his posting

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hell, much respect for that. i get the impression that they put foreigners in relatively safe positions but that's still a hard as gently caress thing to do

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I love it

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
trueanon is great because they actually treat the subject matter seriously and aren't super one-eyed.

like they pitch the first 9/11 episode as a super conspiratorial "bush did it!!!" thing, but then it's actually just a look into a bunch of fascinating history lol.

vanishedimam posted:

I mostly just like picking the songs so thank you.

do you like the young fathers? you should check them out, if you haven't.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

of nothing getting better
only worse.

V. Illych L. posted:

ooooooh

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1236050545120428032

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

liz is also much more knowledgeable than me about important economics stuff and has a good knack for offering very salient critiques that i hadn't thought of myself so i appreciate her a lot. i like her assessment of the weaknesses of roe v wade, for instance

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

gh0stpinballa posted:

surprised matt didn't go deep on bill as governor. pretty good evidence to suggest he was rewarded with the presidency for his part in giving the CIA mena airport to run guns and drugs out of during iran-contra.

ambers take on this side of politics is a little too normie tbh. maybe she has to maintain the fiction that electoralism is possible for her sanity. we all need our balms in these trying times.

do an episode about this imo

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

if not, their physical resemblance is uncanny

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

we're all pisspigs in cspam

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

V. Illych L. posted:

liz is also much more knowledgeable than me about important economics stuff and has a good knack for offering very salient critiques that i hadn't thought of myself so i appreciate her a lot. i like her assessment of the weaknesses of roe v wade, for instance

I'm glad Brace is on the show to ask questions because I would be lost otherwise

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

whoa I didn't know the helldude was among us

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
2ndamendmentmuslim go on cum town

bully nick for giving in to merely being banned from twitter once lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

truanon is the dollop but funnier and better sourced

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

truanon is the dollop but funnier and better sourced

and without ten minutes of ad reads at the beginning

brace where's the bluechew sponsorship

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
could do without the gianttbomb "HARD AMERICAN DICKS" making me lmao and look like a crazy person walking down the street tbh

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Shipon posted:

and without ten minutes of ad reads at the beginning

brace where's the bluechew sponsorship

They get all their money from Radio Free Podcast I hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012