Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

rdb posted:

What country are you in? We still aren’t testing people based on symptoms in the US.

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Flying home from Maui tonight, running out of time for all domestic flights to be grounded so I can be quarantined here. Thoughts and prayers everyone.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

I hope to god that mystery illness that I got is Coronavirus. Just want it to be over with so I have immunity. I am 8 days in, feel ok except for a cough and a tickle in the back of my throat.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yep, hopefully it goes better here than in Italy, it's a shitshow over there.

I was just talking to my wife about if this goes on for months.....It will still be months after that until poo poo goes back to normal, everyone is going to be in hiding and reluctant to go back out and do normal people things again. This is gonna be really weird.

Even if everything suddenly went back to normal tomorrow, it's going to be 2+ months before grocery stores get back to their normal supply levels. They know they can't dump everything on us in one night; we have to work our normal daily replenishment (which right now is a SHITLOAD; I've pulled two 12 hour days back to back, though one was a bit of time helping frontend with bagging and cart bitch). We have to work with our daily shipments and also work in what we haven't been getting, a pallet or fifty at a time. Otherwise, at least at my store, we'd have to wind up closing the store for close to at least 2 weeks for 24/7 stocking.

The only upside at the moment is it's flushing out stock that hasn't been rotated.

My employer just dropped a bomb on us too. A couple of days ago they announced all stores in the Houston market would be open 8a-8p - those of us who knew about it figured we'd get it next week. They dropped that company-wide this morning. I sent my boss a text about it asking how my schedule would be affected and let him know I was available for whatever so long as I got at least a day's notice, he said he only found out last night and won't know how it'll affect us for another day. Deli is shutting down completely except to do prepackaged stuff, bakery is doing the very basics, on-site restaurants (which are fully store-owned) are shutting down 100%, pharmacies are open 8a-8p. Everyone affected by any possible hour cuts will be bagging, chasing carts, or getting trained to cashier. I wound up bagging and chasing carts for almost 2 hours after the end of my shift today (voluntarily; I saw how hosed they were and asked frontend if they needed help, and told them up front I was already past the tip on OT, they said they didn't care and clocked me in under their dept ID, so I'll be (possibly NWS just bc of phrasing) "so deep the sack disappeared" in OT a few minutes after clocking in tonight.

Krakkles posted:

Oh my god, people are loving stupid. Every aisle was some variation of this (except booze, which, I reiterate my first point).

Most of the bread we carry is store-brand. Anything that's not is stocked by vendor reps.

Our Bimbo rep (Mrs Bairds along with like 10 other companies) looked like he'd been through a warzone this morning. He owns the route itself as an IC, but the warehouse didn't give him poo poo to replenish anything, so he was having to hand out like... 30 loaves of bread (between the ~10 companies he represents) when we have shelf space for 50+ for ONE brand. Just to make sure he could at least give every store SOMETHING.

Frozen? :laffo:

Produce?

Meat? Holy loving :laffo: - the only substantial thing left was Beyond Meat. And not much of that.

The meat service counter is officially closed for the near future - what you see on the shelf is what you get, period. Just what comes in already wrapped.

Canned goods:

Bakery is closed until further notice except for baking popular items every morning (no special orders, no counter service). Deli is only doing prepackaged stuff. Everyone is getting shifted to either stocking or frontend, and our 6am-midnight hours got cut back to 8a-8p as of today.

They sent a mass text message to all employees asking anyone who can work in stores to please do so.

MomJeans420 posted:

That's pretty much what the grocery stores are like around here right now. Except for the ones that closed for a complete lack of food

That's why we're changing our hours - there's nothing substantial left after about 6-7pm. We don't even have the cheaper dog foods at this point (we still have Blue Buffalo and Nutro, that's... it... even the drat-good-for-the-money grain free store brand we sell is gone).

I was picking up even more OT on frontend chasing carts and bagging, and was gonna ask them about training to cashier. I'm not allergic to 60-80 hour weeks, so long as I get one solid day off a week. The hour change is gonna gently caress that over, but it means less stress for us overnighters to finish early.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

America, gently caress yeah: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...m_medium=social. To be fair its an opinion piece.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

rdb posted:

What country are you in? We still aren’t testing people based on symptoms in the US.

:sweden:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's probably time to fix the fuel gauge.

STR posted:

*desolation*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfznPscaiDQ

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

STR posted:

That's why we're changing our hours - there's nothing substantial left after about 6-7pm. We don't even have the cheaper dog foods at this point (we still have Blue Buffalo and Nutro, that's... it... even the drat-good-for-the-money grain free store brand we sell is gone).

I've been surprised no one seems to be stockpiling dog food in our area, I figured I should get a few extra bags to get ahead of everything and the pet store was empty.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

rdb posted:

I hope to god that mystery illness that I got is Coronavirus. Just want it to be over with so I have immunity. I am 8 days in, feel ok except for a cough and a tickle in the back of my throat.
It's not certain that infection confers immunity. There have been some cases that may represent re-infection, or possibly the presence of multiple strains.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Hey Powershift: https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-kijiji-bans-listings-for-toilet-paper-hand-sanitizer-face-masks-and-other-items-1.4853107

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Awesome. Now ban rusty $10k chargers.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1970-charger/1492401003?undefined

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

rdb posted:

The fun part is allergy season is just getting started too, that'll be fun.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Nah, almost every alarm uses a relay for starter interrupt. So the actual wire form the alarm is like 18 ga. Point still stands to some extent, though, since there will be a relay with a pair of 10-12 ga. wires on it going into the car’s harness. I like to hide mine when I do an install, make stuff un-obvious, but that depends on quality of install, of course.

Mine had the relay internal. Zoom to enhance:

The two short black wires to the white connector were the starter interrupt on mine.

You can see the other ends (with the harness still plugged in) spliced in with the big yellow butt connectors, to the yellow starter wire.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

rdb posted:

I'm really hoping the death-cold-flu horror I got last month was it, and that it results in immunity. If recovery doesn't confer immunity with this one, I'm honestly not sure I want to stay on this planet because a cold that just goes around and around and around killing 1-20% of the people it infects, forever, sounds like a mighty depressing life. Paging Elon Musk...

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
My area has toilet paper but is out of spam. I wanted spam in my eggs god damnit.

We have a flour mill, a bucket of white winter wheat, goats in milk, a cream separator, ducks that should lay any day now, green coffee beans and a roaster, a closet full of honey from my own hives and the pastures are starting to green up. Morels should be available any day now.

I could have some kick rear end breakfasts except for the lack of bacon or spam or steak or sausage.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It's not certain that infection confers immunity. There have been some cases that may represent re-infection, or possibly the presence of multiple strains.

Your a doctor, correct?

I had that thought earlier. This isn’t the only Coronavirus that circulates through humans. Most of them just cause colds and immunity only lasts months. Is that generally true?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

I'm really hoping the death-cold-flu horror I got last month was it, and that it results in immunity. If recovery doesn't confer immunity with this one, I'm honestly not sure I want to stay on this planet because a cold that just goes around and around and around killing 1-20% of the people it infects, forever, sounds like a mighty depressing life. Paging Elon Musk...

They're saying a vaccine should be available in a year or so, so it won't be going on forever at least

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

They're saying a vaccine should be available in a year or so, so it won't be going on forever at least

Oh great another vaccine for the anti-vax dip shits to not get and ruin our herd immunity.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

rdb posted:

Your a doctor, correct?

I had that thought earlier. This isn’t the only Coronavirus that circulates through humans. Most of them just cause colds and immunity only lasts months. Is that generally true?
Yup, Emergency Medicine. There are seven coronavirus species that infect humans, and none confer lifelong immunity after infection. SARS and MERS cause some very severe disease as well, but the four common ones tend to be much milder.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:smith:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

poo poo, I was really hoping to pick it up a little cheaper than everyone else is getting it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

poo poo, I was really hoping to pick it up a little cheaper than everyone else is getting it.

chances are you would get a defective version anyways.

Realtalk though there's a BMW X3 with a stick and a christmas tree that's gonna go for a grand.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well this is good news

https://innovationorigins.com/dutch-researchers-find-corona-virus-antibody/

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Really, how so? I was only considering them for worst case scenario, like if I absolutely have to go out in the thick of it for whatever reason, every little bit helps.

I wasn't planning on using one 24/7 or anything like that.

[e] Just got reminded by Club Protege that it's my birthday this morning from a happy birthday email :v:

I haven't posted in there for years :(

The only Proteges I've seen in recent years are really old people in my neighborhood who have basically stopped driving. Well, I still see a 3rd gen every once in a while. My neighbor had a mint '92 LX but it was an auto and I don't have a place to put it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Charles posted:

The only Proteges I've seen in recent years are really old people in my neighborhood who have basically stopped driving. Well, I still see a 3rd gen every once in a while. My neighbor had a mint '92 LX but it was an auto and I don't have a place to put it.

There's somehow a rust free MP5 rolling around town and I still love those little wagons. I'm always tempted to flag him down or follow him and leave a note offering to buy it.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Rhyno posted:

There's somehow a rust free MP5 rolling around town

H&K's aren't really known for rust. You should buy it either way, might come in useful these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

H&K's aren't really known for rust. You should buy it either way, might come in useful these days.

:D

We're going gun shopping tomorrow.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
You gotta be a really really good aim to hit coronaviruses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

I'm just being prepared for that rare mutation that turns people into super strong flesh eaters.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

nm posted:

If you can't drop someone at six feet of "social distance" with a MP5 I don't know what to tell you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey if I catch this poo poo we need to organize a gofundme to get me the money so I can get to Mitch McConnel and infect him.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

There's somehow a rust free MP5 rolling around town and I still love those little wagons. I'm always tempted to flag him down or follow him and leave a note offering to buy it.

I do see a few of those sometimes, and I saw a 3rd Gen tonight in rough shape. I'm on the west coast and we barely get snow in Seattle although we've been using salt the past 10 years or so.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Entire Ops staff been told WFH effective now for the forseeable future.

Not real happy with that personally. But then again I was considering calling because I wasnt feeling 100% - Someone decided they had to come into work two weeks ago even when they were clearly flued up and of course I got that. Nothing bad in my case but still......

Maybe I can line up for toilet paper tomorrow morning because I'm just about out -_-

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like a fuckload of churches are still holding service today.

Nothing of value will be lost I guess.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, because none of those people have relatives or go to stores, or coffee shops, or gas stations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Greek Orthodox here is saying that the POWAAA OF CHRIST will prevent praishioners from getting Boomer Remover.

Hey dickheads, that's not how it works. Your prayers and rituals dont stop viruses. loving hell sure believe and all that but dont blind yourself to the reality of disease here

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-14/church-religious-groups-say-coronavirus-cannot-infect-them/12055476

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

A friend of my mother in his early 50s was feeling completely normal, then suddenly passed out while on the stairs, fell and smashed his face up, broke his nose, cheekbones and jaw. Got to hospital and he's got the virus. And they can't do too much corrective surgery on him because they're afraid it will weaken him enough for the virus to kill him :( What a novel and lovely way for it to get you

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I must live in a pretty middle-class area because the shops have bread but they're out of bread flour. The DIY store is also out of food seeds so I guess people are planning ahead a little :haw

If they make me work from home (can't see it happening) or just shut the plant I'm going to get so much DIY & gardening done, the only thing I might need and don't have is cement, can't see the being a rush on that unless the trend becomes making your own Anderson shelter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Same: if we shut down I'll probably get every square foot of my yard cleared.

Edit: Welp. I have to go outside. Been nice knowing you all.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 15, 2020

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
I personally can't wait until ICU beds are nonexistent, ventilators all are in use, and I have a full emergency department without room for other critical illnesses because this dumb loving country took the comedy option vote in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I personally can't wait until ICU beds are nonexistent, ventilators all are in use, and I have a full emergency department without room for other critical illnesses because this dumb loving country took the comedy option vote in 2016.

Pff, just hook the ventilator up to an air compressor splitter. Now you got multiple people on there. Need more pressure? They make turbochargers.