Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Maxwells Demon posted:

I can imagine his Bond villain-esque wife as first lady for sure.

"This Week Tonight: Why you should give up all your diamonds to the White House"

Why, whatever do you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Take... A siesta? We have sixty dollars left in our bank account until Friday. What the gently caress do you think we would do with even one day unpaid much less weeks.

Benagain posted:

Hi, I work(ed) freelance in the tourism industry. gently caress yourself.

No, listen, I'm right there with both of you. Broke as gently caress, divorced, owe child support and in the same boat as everyone. Resigned and destroyed. Barely hanging on like everyone.

Don't tell me to go gently caress myself either of you.

I'm about to get furloughed from my job and try to find a way to make ends meet and hang on to my health insurance with a 9 year old son that has epilepsy and ADHD.

All I meant was maybe all of us can and will have to simplify a bit. We'll have to. Focus on what is important. I'm not lecturing anyone, just reacting to people complaining that they can't watch sports or go to movies and concerts and Disney World. We have a hundred things to occupy our time and entertaining ourselves is the least of our troubles.They can't lock us all up for the crime of being poor.

I'm sorry if I came off cold. Just been listening to people bitching about no basketball and poo poo like that when there are people like you guys and myself that are really facing problems. The gently caress else can we do?

And all I meant is that people who seem like it's a chore to have to dig out some old DVD's and video games need to check themselves if that's the worst problem they have. I wasn't trying to be crass or insensitive to people who are hurting. I'm hurting too and facing down maxing out my credt.I was calling out the people I'm hearing on the radio bitching about not having enough to do and whining about not having spots to watch.

Take it easy, both of you. I'm on your side and I work in the freelance industry myself.

BiggerBoat has issued a correction as of 04:42 on Mar 15, 2020

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Koishi Komeiji posted:

From that dude's garage:

Is he hording children's toy's too? Mother fucker looks like a very old teenager.

reselling poo poo he found in clearance sections that has a higher price on amazon/ebay most likely

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Not gonna be impressed unless I see an Atari Jaguar in there.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

No, listen, I'm right there with both of you. Broke as gently caress, divorced, owe child support and in the same boat as everyone. Resigned and destroyed. Barely hanging on like everyone.

Don't tell me to go gently caress myself either of you.

I'm about to get furloughed from my job and try to find a way to make ends meet and hang on to my health insurance with a 9 year old son that has epilepsy and ADHD.

All I meant was maybe all of us can and will have to simplify a bit. We'll have to. Focus on what is important. I'm not lecturing anyone, just reacting to people complaining that they can't watch sports or go to movies and concerts and Disney World. We have a hundred things to occupy our time and entertaining ourselves is the least of our troubles.They can't lock us all up for the crime of being poor.

I'm sorry if I came off cold. Just been listening to people bitching about no basketball and poo poo like that when there are people like you guys and myself that are really facing problems. The gently caress else can we do?

And all I meant is that people who seem like it's a chore to have to dig out some old DVD's and video games need to check themselves if that's the worst problem they have. I wasn't trying to be crass or insensitive to people who are hurting. I'm hurting too and facing down maxing out my credt.I was calling out the people I'm hearing on the radio bitching about not having enough to do and whining about not having spots to watch.

Take it easy, both of you. I'm on your side and I work in the freelance industry myself.

instead of taking a bit to relax we should take a bit to gather arms and ammunition :getin:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

BiggerBoat posted:

I doubt a revolution will happen.

I've been listening to some sports talk radio and and all the host and callers are like "what are we gonna do?" and "what are we gonna talk about?" It's silly. You can talk about sports history and all sorts of poo poo forever.

My boss is about to put a lot of us on furlough and warned us Friday about what anyone who is paying attention knows is an upcoming recession.

If anything good can come out of this, maybe Americans can self quarantine, read some books, watch some movies in their Netflix queue, study, take a walk on the beach, chill, play some games with their kids, write, draw, go through their DVD collections, pick up those old XBox games, call some old friends and dial their lives down a tad. People are whining about being bored and having nothing to do but we have a million things we can occupy ourselves with if we can just settle down and really look at poo poo. Break out those old DVD's and Wii games. Dig out an old board game you never got around to. Sort out your closets. Clean your homes.

Let's take a siesta and simplify our lives for a month or two. Who loving cares if there's no sports and we can't go to loving Disney World or jam ourselves into a movie theater? It might do us some good to spend some time with ourselves and our families instead of chasing money and working ourselves to death for nothing at all.

i normally have to go home to my folks to have my concerns minimized

hope this is how it pans out, honestly. i'd prepare fearfully for plague riots but this is possible, I guess

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

BiggerBoat posted:

If anything good can come out of this, maybe Americans can self quarantine, read some books, watch some movies in their Netflix queue, study, take a walk on the beach, chill, play some games with their kids, write, draw, go through their DVD collections, pick up those old XBox games, call some old friends and dial their lives down a tad. People are whining about being bored and having nothing to do but we have a million things we can occupy ourselves with if we can just settle down and really look at poo poo. Break out those old DVD's and Wii games. Dig out an old board game you never got around to. Sort out your closets. Clean your homes.

Let's take a siesta and simplify our lives for a month or two. Who loving cares if there's no sports and we can't go to loving Disney World or jam ourselves into a movie theater? It might do us some good to spend some time with ourselves and our families instead of chasing money and working ourselves to death for nothing at all.
If we could just opt out of capitalism then capitalism wouldn't be a problem. We have to sell our labour to live, stupid.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Step one: sneeze on mom and dad

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Apparently Trump tested negative for covid. I realize it's cruel to want an old man with probably the physical resistance of a baby's fontanelle from a life of eating like Richie Rich to get a potentially fatal illness, but it's yet another tick on the wall that proves God lies dead and stinking on the bathroom tiles of Elysium

and stuff

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Unless God wants Trump to survive to see all his sycophants and allies fall sick and die. That would also be in line with the old testament God.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
It's never cruel to wish for the death of a monster. Even at my succiest, I still went out with friends for dinner to celebrate Bin Laden's death.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Randalor posted:

Unless God wants Trump to survive to see all his sycophants and allies fall sick and die. That would also be in line with the old testament God.

You'd think that God would know that Trump is incapable of learning and would only take from the experience that God has chosen him to be indestructible.

Also lol like Trump's doctor has any credibility and would say he was infected even if he was.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

etalian posted:

Almost sounds like a Onion article how Boris said the slimy mayor was the real hero of the movie Jaws since he didn't want tourism number to go down.

https://mobile.twitter.com/workofbourke/status/1239107539901526017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think it is unique to trump. if there is an epidemic in a country, it is in everyone's best interest to pretend that the leader doesn't catch it. an added bonus to this specific situation is that if trump does have it, he is spreading it to every rear end in a top hat oligarch he knows.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Also lol like Trump's doctor has any credibility and would say he was infected even if he was.

That genuinely cheered me up!

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Agean90 posted:

post trump voters realizing they made a bad investment under trump

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1238886316517003265

This is hillarious

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Power Khan posted:

This is hillarious

NPR Marketwatch did a segment on this clown where he proclaims to be providing a public service by hoarding and hawking that poo poo.

Read the NYT article if you can. A few weeks ago he bought 2,000 old (expired?) pandemic kits with some masks, basic meds, and sanitizing materials for $3.50/each and then sold them on eBay for $40-$50 each. That's a handy $80k in profits just for that.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Power Khan posted:

This is hillarious

It gets better

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1239220494471254016?s=20

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The best comment on this:

https://twitter.com/78woj/status/1239221117975437313

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I sincerely apologize to the thread for my poor choice of wording last night and can see how it came off tone deaf, crass and insensitive. That was honestly not my intent, I should have known better and I am sorry I worded it the way I did.

I'm about to get turbofucked myself so I certainly sympathize with everyone who is in a similar boat. Hopefully, I can ramp up my freelance work if my hours get cut (they will) and, in the meantime, I'm just doing stuff like playing board games with my son, catchin up on my Netflix queue, reading, writing, working on my yard, cleaning and organizing the house. I don't mind too terribly about not being able to see sports, go to movies and stuff like that.

I have a lot to catch up on a built in excuse to finally get around to it.

Again, I apologize for the insensitive way I expressed myself.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/hannahrosewoods/status/1239186772145340416

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/JulieZauzmer/status/1239202486147219456
amazing, amazing

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The best thing about this is that more rural, poorer areas where people rarely travel are less likely to be impacted by the virus, at least initially.

So they're going to take spitting in each other's mouths and licking the floor as evidence that the virus doesn't exist when no one visits Possum Scrotum, AR to spread it to them.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The best thing about this is that more rural, poorer areas where people rarely travel are less likely to be impacted by the virus, at least initially.

So they're going to take spitting in each other's mouths and licking the floor as evidence that the virus doesn't exist when no one visits Possum Scrotum, AR to spread it to them.
Then the president sends them a hand-signed zero cases congratulations card by express mail.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There was a huge farm expo thing in Vegas at the same time they were seeing a bunch of cases pop up, then it let out and thousands of people returned to the rural and exurban communities to spread it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So the relief bill that the House passed requiring paid sick leave: I read it comes from the Social security administration and that companies would get reimbursed or something. I hope so because loving CHUD owned smaller businesses being forced by PELOSI to pay their workers sick time are going to loving HOWL of The Government forces that expense on them.

Starting with my giant rear end in a top hat of a boss.

I don't see why they just don't send every American something like 3 - 5 grand right now (or something in line with their current income) and then pay for the cost of testing instead of making sure McDOnalds and Walmart make out OK through this. poo poo, it would probably really help Donald's re-election chances. ALso, it's the smart play because all of that money goes straight back into the economy.

Seems to make sense which is why it won't get done I imagine.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

BiggerBoat posted:

So the relief bill that the House passed requiring paid sick leave: I read it comes from the Social security administration and that companies would get reimbursed or something. I hope so because loving CHUD owned smaller businesses being forced by PELOSI to pay their workers sick time are going to loving HOWL of The Government forces that expense on them.

lmao that bill also exempts companies with more than 500 employees.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Starting with my giant rear end in a top hat of a boss.

I don't see why they just don't send every American something like 3 - 5 grand right now (or something in line with their current income) and then pay for the cost of testing instead of making sure McDOnalds and Walmart make out OK through this. poo poo, it would probably really help Donald's re-election chances. ALso, it's the smart play because all of that money goes straight back into the economy.

Seems to make sense which is why it won't get done I imagine.

It should tell you a lot about the Democrats that the bill exempts companies with over 500 employees from having to provide paid sick leave.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

poz my neg rear end pastor

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yes but this will lead to a sudden rush of donations from their estates so who can say what is good or bad

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't see why they just don't send every American something like 3 - 5 grand right now (or something in line with their current income) and then pay for the cost of testing instead of making sure McDOnalds and Walmart make out OK through this.

Sorry bud, that money has already been set aside for making sure the number doesn't go down

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Here in Big drat Idiot town we're really dumb and do the opposite of any given instruction. Dumbly, and stupidly as well.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Conservatism is the real pandemic, COVID's just an opportunistic infection.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

have obama do a PSA about the importance of washing hands and avoiding large gatherings. george soros pays to run it on hannity

best part is obama earnestly participating in the hopes of keeping fox viewers safe

just realized, i wrote this less than a week ago and its already basically happening even without obummer pushing them along

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
:justpost:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

vyelkin posted:

It should tell you a lot about the Democrats that the bill exempts companies with over 500 employees from having to provide paid sick leave.

Let's not forget that it also allows businesses under 50 to be exempted by the DoL if leave 'threatens' the business.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

just realized, i wrote this less than a week ago and its already basically happening even without obummer pushing them along

We thought we told MAGA boomers not to drink bleach and eat poison that they'd do exactly the opposite out of spite. Turns out they're dumb enough to kill themselves without any liberal interference. It's like a cancer that eats itself.

SARS-CoV-2, the great Boomer Remover.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Careful there Jer, you're Christianity is showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Facehammer posted:

Sorry bud, that money has already been set aside for making sure the number doesn't go down

For sure. I'm no economist but I would guess that it would quite effective at stabilizing The Number since every cent would go right back into the economy anyway. But what do I know?

I'm not a big fancy deal maker guy