Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Anne Whateley posted:

He means UHT pasteurized milk, it's still a liquid and totally normal except it's shelf-stable and lasts months. It's also a thing in Canada. Trader Joe's has UHT heavy cream, but I haven't seen UHT regular milk in the US.

This. Powdered milk is fine for baking, but less than ideal for cooking and totally awful for drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Lamech posted:

are there any reports from retail goons of ammunition being stockpiled, like more than normal, due to this, or have people not yet thought about how they're going to guard their toilet paper castles?

This is a store in Los Angeles. Five hour wait.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bronze Fonz posted:

This picture is haunting me.

Why THE gently caress does this say "New options for consumers".

Consumers.

WHAT THE gently caress AMERICA

Honestly some private enterprise testing could be useful for people who don't qualify for testing but are curious whether or not their cold is actually the roni. Some kind of mail in test kit, or a drive through thing in the cities, where you can drop a couple hundred bucks and get either reasurance or bragging rights. "For entertainment purposes only."

Ideally everyone at risk would be tested by the government, but most places that isn't going to happen. Even if they wanted to they don't have enough test kits or qualified clinical labs, so marginal cases aren't going to get tested.

naem
May 29, 2011

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i noticed a while ago that ohio seems to be taking things more seriously than you would expect

Burt Sexual posted:

Illinois and Ohio are going full shutdown Jfc

life sucks bad enough in ohio that it pretty much always feels like a disaster (❤️ to all midwestern goons I am still one of you deep inside)

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

More cases out of China than in China

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

BlackIronHeart posted:

I wanted badly for the name of this store to just be GUNS

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Cool, Trump giving another briefing thanking CEOs.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

More cases out of China than in China

is there a reason we trust the chinese numbers now that china is self-reporting a perfect score once again

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They're china skew data

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

china is so bad at coming up with original ip they're even stealing our conspiracy theories now

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

poverty goat posted:

is there a reason we trust the chinese numbers now that china is self-reporting a perfect score once again

probably not, but even if it's still spreading there, the rest of the planet will outpace it eventually no matter what

schmug
May 20, 2007

BlackIronHeart posted:

There's a gun show in Cleveland in a couple weeks. Wonder how they will enforce shutting it down...

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

poverty goat posted:

Numbers from the same government that has been telling their citizens that Covid-19 is a bioweapon manufactured by the United States and unleashed on China just for the fun of it? Of course we should trust those numbers!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Are some people only learning now that America uses the capitalist model to manage healthcare or are stupid people just content to beat a dead horse? Yes, America has a military base in your country because we spend money maintaining the planet's defenses instead of paying for everyone to go to the doctor for free.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

schmug posted:

There's a gun show in Cleveland in a couple weeks. Wonder how they will enforce shutting it down...

"come shut us down government, we DARE you *click-click*"

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Harminoff posted:

Cool, Trump giving another briefing thanking CEOs.

And yet is still telling everyone that it doesn't seriously affect young people. Fine, maybe it's very rare that younger people have serious symptoms, but they are still potential carriers.
At least he's finally telling people to stop over-buying/hoarding, but even that felt like he's being told to say it, and doesn't really care.

Edit: he did say Google is going to be making that testing location webpage, and that news story about Google having no idea about it was "fake news".

schmug
May 20, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

"come shut us down government, we DARE you *click-click*"

Sucks though because I planning on going. Probably wasn't going to buy anything, but the people watching at these things especially after an "Event" :discourse: Place was batshit after Obama got elected lol

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

zer0spunk posted:

death loves irony

for instance, the people spamming this dumb poo poo on social media are 100% the demographic that this thing snuffs out

I wish it was true so the people yelling kill boomers would all die from it, but the truth is there's no justice. It's just the poor people and poor countries going to get hosed as always.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Kragger99 posted:

And yet is still telling everyone that it doesn't seriously affect young people. Fine, maybe it's very rare that younger people have serious symptoms, but they are still potential carriers.
At least he's finally telling people to stop over-buying/hoarding, but even that felt like he's being told to say it, and doesn't really care.

Edit: he did say Google is going to be making that testing location webpage, and that news story about Google having no idea about it was "fake news".

I get that no one really knows what Alphabet or Verily is but yes, technically Google is piloting something for Santa Clara County and San Mateo (but this seems like a page for the Bay Area?)

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Are some people only learning now that America uses the capitalist model to manage healthcare or are stupid people just content to beat a dead horse? Yes, America has a military base in your country because we spend money maintaining the planet's defenses instead of paying for everyone to go to the doctor for free.

The planet thanks you for your service
loving lol

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Guy's been a captain for a while now, you'd think he'd be at least Major Planet if not Colonel.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Adolf Glitter posted:

The planet thanks you for your service

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nurge posted:

I wish it was true so the people yelling kill boomers would all die from it, but the truth is there's no justice. It's just the poor people and poor countries going to get hosed as always.

Bro lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

I'm sure Germany will feel very owned as you make a Dreamworks face after being put into crippling lifelong debt from a sprained ankle.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

imagine ohio having the most competent pandemic response in the entire united states lol

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hurr durr

Also I missed the american military bases in my country. Did they hide it somewhere?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Than you USA for defending us from martians.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

QuoProQuid posted:

yeah. my family in ohio, who had previously been minimizing the outbreak, are now in a panic. grocery stores emptying out. businesses shut down.

it also probably doesn't help that the president of the united states is wasting time doing stupid, evil, dumbfuck things like this:

https://twitter.com/KBAndersen/status/1239227651027501057

Now, your President can't be THIS dumb and evil can he Amerigoons?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

stab posted:

I remember the good days of 2016

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

stab posted:

are you posting from january 2016

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Your healthcare will collapse like a house of cards.

Trump will go down in history.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Trump will go down in history.

He would rather get pissed on

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Nurge posted:

Hurr durr

Also I missed the american military bases in my country. Did they hide it somewhere?

And yet their outcomes are worse than what we have in the UK, which is already considered subpar compared to the rest of Europe.

Healthcare capitalism works!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nurge posted:

Hurr durr

Probably.

Defending us all from ???

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Probably.

Defending us all from ???

Pretty rookie mistake not to have any military bases actually in the US. smh

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

day 3 in quarantine. i convinced my quarantine partner that will ferrel voices the virus in contagion. should i try and cut some of his lines out of other movies?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

username/post combo

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Cubone posted:

username/post combo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917239#post503292513

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

QuoProQuid posted:

imagine ohio having the most competent pandemic response in the entire united states lol

DeWine is a longtime establishment GOPer from the days where a few of them still believed in science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thezanke
Feb 16, 2020

Know what's a little sad? If the shutdowns, quarantines, and social distancing WORK, and we somehow manage to reasonably contain things.. all the people calling it an overreaction or hoax on social media will gloat like they were right.