Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

schools open.
not good.

well there’s 100,000+ kids who would be completely poo poo out of luck apparently so I guess that’s their excuse

obviously you’d just convert the schools into care centers for them but whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fleetwood posted:

I've been holding mine out since the start of the week but I'm in a lucky situation. I don't have any idea how others are dealing

80-90% of my kids were in on friday but 1/3rd of staff was protesting by burning a sick day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

well there’s 100,000+ kids who would be completely poo poo out of luck apparently so I guess that’s their excuse

obviously you’d just convert the schools into care centers for them but whatever

exactly. mayor doesnt give a poo poo about homeless kids until he needs a shield to hold up to criticism about not having snow days

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I bet most folks in this thread are also in the NYC thread, but in case not:

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions...ce=direct_link&

it’s worth posting stuff in here since this thread gets traffic from ppl outside the city too, and there’s some c-spam only city people too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mayor has shifted to a new defense now despite the CDC recommended 6-8 weeks of closure for all schools.

hishonor: do you really want 400k teens home alone?

gently caress you wilhelm!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sickout strike planned for wednesday

correction: worthless uft is not calling for actual strike, merely suggesting individuals protest. sorry my reading comp is hosed by worry and exhaustion

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Mar 15, 2020

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
goddamn bdb is fuckin worthless

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If anyone has 5 mins to try and avert total disaster, please call 311, tell the robot you want an operator, and lodge a complaint with the mayor to close schools/bars/restaurants

Thanks.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1239206224480079873?s=20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bill deblasio is a loving monster.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

tfw you make andrew cuomo look good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cuomo could statewide ban at any time...
everyone of our lives at risk for number

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are we going to start seeing a forced school shutdown through a systemwide strike?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

haveblue posted:

Are we going to start seeing a forced school shutdown through a systemwide strike?

I mean it's negligent to go in tomorrow frankly. apparently the union didn't bother coordinate though soooo

I'd talk to every one of my teacher friends and pull a wildcat sickout? easy for me to say because I have no stake and no kids that I care about to protect though :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cuomo just did what cuomo does and cucked bdb by overruling him and shutting schools for 5 weeks until :420:

and hey words i wrote had real consequences!

school safety officers were going to sickout with us this week if not for the close! here's their loving amazing comic sans announcement:

the last sentence of the first paragraph is from an angry letter template i blasted out to the whole world the other day so they could more easily lodge their protests and apparently everyone read it and thats super cool!

feel like a hero seeing my words writ large in Garfield font and made a lot of union reps mad as hell at me for asking them to do their jobs.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
DiBlasio sounded like he was going to cry at the presser, it was pretty hilarious. Guess Daddy Cuomo yelled at him.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Real hurthling! posted:

cuomo just did what cuomo does and cucked bdb by overruling him and shutting schools for 5 weeks until :420:

and hey words i wrote had real consequences!

school safety officers were going to sickout with us this week if not for the close! here's their loving amazing comic sans announcement:

the last sentence of the first paragraph is from an angry letter template i blasted out to the whole world the other day so they could more easily lodge their protests and apparently everyone read it and thats super cool!

feel like a hero seeing my words writ large in Garfield font and made a lot of union reps mad as hell at me for asking them to do their jobs.

lmao in solidarity, good job goon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LegionAreI posted:

DiBlasio sounded like he was going to cry at the presser, it was pretty hilarious. Guess Daddy Cuomo yelled at him.

It’s as owned as a politician is possible to be- his superior stepped in and overruled him by implementing the policy all the experts agreed was the right call all along.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

haveblue posted:

It’s as owned as a politician is possible to be- his superior stepped in and overruled him by implementing the policy all the experts agreed was the right call all along.

i just don't understand what BdB's rationale could possibly have been. in any capacity.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Are they including daycare facilities or just schools?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LegionAreI posted:

Is there a gotcha NY Post headline troll photo out yet?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

derra posted:

Are they including daycare facilities or just schools?

my daycare closed way before the loving bozos in power sought fit to make a call

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i just don't understand what BdB's rationale could possibly have been. in any capacity.

what to do with the homeless kids/free school meals kids i think

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

like he wants me congregating with full faculty of 200 people for 3 days next week, 45 mins on train both ways, to hear the bitter scared old people throw tantrums and beg for help all day as we are tutorialized on basicbitch poo poo like google classroom? nah bro im calling in all week billy. im not dropping posture. you wanted my family members and students and friends sick and dead because you what? expected us to forget how the schools operate for 12 straight weeks every summer in the exact way that would help this crisis?
gently caress off 3 i can burn 7 more days this year without jeopardizing my HE rating and my direct boss is a collaborator with the human race and not a loving fake italian psychopath

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Malcolm XML posted:

what to do with the homeless kids/free school meals kids i think

see above post but if tldr: the school operating in summer mode like it does every year solves every problem

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

like hmm humanitarian catastrophe occurs...do i free up max amounts of city property to stage a response or do i continue enforcing 2 rush hours and 7 hours of close contact in a dirty building for all the kids?

(no schools custodial manpower is sufficient but like there isnt manhours to ever do more than sweep trash and dump bins in my school. 10 classes a day of 34 kids in a room for 180 days with zero moppings unless theres a spill worth calling for)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1239566856832323585?s=20

what the gently caress is wrong with this man

just do some crunches at home

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Badger of Basra posted:

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1239566856832323585?s=20

what the gently caress is wrong with this man

just do some crunches at home

wait he's "there" to... work out?

not to like give a presser or something important?

lmfao

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

de Blasio might genuinely be one of the worst people at the skill of doing politics in the United States today

worse than Hillary, worse than Schumer

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lmfao

doesn't he mostly ride a stationary bike? why can't he get a stationary bike for home??? or at the office??????

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I appreciate the... sentiment? he expresses because we should all be so lucky to have a consistent institution and community that underpins our social/familial lives but holy poo poo you tone deaf blinkered fuckface hahahaa

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lmfao

he literally goes all the way to his neighborhood in bkln every day from gracie mansion to workout for several hours before he does city business

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

he literally goes all the way to his neighborhood in bkln every day from gracie mansion to workout for several hours before he does city business

he is driven there!!!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i still have to work

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DoctorWhat posted:

i still have to work

lucky

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status/1239726859647995907

This loving state I tell ya hwat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cuomos having a real week here

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
How would have historic NYS Governors handled this situation?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

let moses pave over dissenters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Teddy Roosevelt: An unsuccessful Virus Safari that tragically ends in the death of his favorite offspring
Al Smith: Piles of dead immigrants clog the storm drains of New York
FDR: Full Communism (but don't call it that)
Rockefeller: An actual abattoir to appease the blood god, but built monumentally on top of a former black neighborhood
Mario Cuomo: see: Andrew Cuomo
George Pataki: see: Mario Cuomo
Andrew Cuomo: see: Al Smith