Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

rocketrobot posted:

Dude is straight up racist. It's really obvious in his Dragonlance work, The Rise of Solamnia.

I never read that. What I'm thinking of mostly is the Moonshae series, and the sheer density of crazy poo poo that happens there.

There's a chapter early on I've been meaning to dig up and submit to one of those bad-sex-scene mockery boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Eifert Posting posted:

I hope Rich doesn't have corona.

Looks like the site got some tweaking, so he's not completely dead. The comics column now lists the last couple of comics and their titles.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/richburlew/status/1238276090579296257?s=21

Looks like he’s putting his e-books on sale.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I knew I was going to get them eventually so might as well do it now. Rich is not ok, he is better. He's a good man and deserves my money.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Saw this on twitter, immediately bought the entire series.

I've always wanted to buy these but the price and USD conversion always stopped me.

BUT WHO CAN SAY NO TO 50% OFF

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

Saw this on twitter, immediately bought the entire series.

I've always wanted to buy these but the price and USD conversion always stopped me.

BUT WHO CAN SAY NO TO 50% OFF

Username/post combo.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales still isn't available in eBook?

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
Rich is fine!

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Not just fine - he's also answering questions.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I can imagine a younger Eugene Greenhilt, drunk and screaming at the sky "I'm not impressed, I've read the I of BECMI, you phonies!'

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Julia’s non-response to Roy’s “never believed you were too stupid” makes me think that she has believed for a long time that Roy thinks like Eugene, but has been hiding it behind civility. This might be the start of a moment where she recognizes that Eugene was a pretty big poo poo to both of them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Good strip, good Q&A.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Lucas Archer posted:

Julia’s non-response to Roy’s “never believed you were too stupid” makes me think that she has believed for a long time that Roy thinks like Eugene, but has been hiding it behind civility. This might be the start of a moment where she recognizes that Eugene was a pretty big poo poo to both of them.

Honestly, I'm torn between her non-reaction being either "I can't believe this jerk rear end brother thinks I don't care about him" or "Wait, really, he never thought I was dumb?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lucas Archer posted:

This is a good observation. That could be a really cool moment for her. Honestly, this whole conversation is giving her more personality than she’s gotten since her introduction.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Lucas Archer posted:

So, the next time we see her, she’ll be cross-classed into Warrior, then? :v:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
So this means Roy told Julia about the Snarl and the endless destruction/recreation? That must have been a serious mindfuck for her.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Parahexavoctal posted:

I do take issue with his assertion that there's no such thing as a Webcomic, just Comic Books and Comic Strips. Most webcomics are really neither of those things, and he admits his own is a mix of both.
Of course that was in the same answer he said he doesn't read other webcomics, so I guess he's still going on a working knowledge of print comics.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

A rare instance of good-dadhood.

I guess Julia's getting a quick lesson in the consequences of all that apathy she had earlier.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

2,153 patrons. I wonder what the total is? I went in for a lot more than the $2, since I can afford it and I've got so much out of his strip over the years.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Parahexavoctal posted:

those questions posted:

Especially now; there are very, very few new characters slated to appear in this final book—even the ones that are appearing “on panel” for the first time have been referenced obliquely before.

This sounds like there's going to be one or more characters appearing for the first time "on panel" who have been referenced before. So who are we finally going to see? Most of the obvious suspects (Serini, Redcloak's niece, maybe the Eastern gods or Kraagor) have appeared before in crayon drawings or prequel books, but maybe he's not counting that as "on panel"? Otherwise, pedantic answer, the MitD hasn't appeared yet outside of magical darkness.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Ponsonby Britt posted:

This sounds like there's going to be one or more characters appearing for the first time "on panel" who have been referenced before. So who are we finally going to see?
Adding to that, in the commentary from print version of the Dwarf arc he said there was going to be a character showing up who had a single panel appearance up until now. The forumgoers who love counting that sort of thing went wild, finally proving useful.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It's Belkaar, the slightly taller halfling.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Daikloktos posted:

Adding to that, in the commentary from print version of the Dwarf arc he said there was going to be a character showing up who had a single panel appearance up until now. The forumgoers who love counting that sort of thing went wild, finally proving useful.

I reread On the Origin of PCs recently, and now I'm personally banking on the two epic-level characters Durkon recruited for the Order of the Stick, before turning them down in favor of Roy's gaggle of misfits.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I reread On the Origin of PCs recently, and now I'm personally banking on the two epic-level characters Durkon recruited for the Order of the Stick, before turning them down in favor of Roy's gaggle of misfits.
It would be nice for there to still be something left to fire in there. It was kind of deflating picking it up the other day and seeing all the plot hooks I'd heard about secondhand that already played out in the main comic.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Xykon's command to the MitD hasn't played out yet and certainly seems like a potentially significant factor.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

Xykon's command to the MitD hasn't played out yet and certainly seems like a potentially significant factor.
That was Start of Darkness, though. Origin of PCs is good, but also kind of feels like looking at the shell a firework came out of. It’s supposed to have such tantalizing promise, but you’ve already gotten that excitement.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Right. Been a while since I touched the prequel books.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

I do take issue with his assertion that there's no such thing as a Webcomic, just Comic Books and Comic Strips. Most webcomics are really neither of those things, and he admits his own is a mix of both.

Same here, especially in light of Scott McCloud's whole thing about the Infinite Canvas, and stuff like MSPaint Adventures that would be unrecognizable at best in print. While it's true that most webcomics are merely "comics, but on the web", there really is a different toolset that comes with the medium.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

sebmojo posted:

2,153 patrons. I wonder what the total is? I went in for a lot more than the $2, since I can afford it and I've got so much out of his strip over the years.

I'd say it's hard for me to believe Rich has waited this long to do a patreon, but it's Rich.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

wiegieman posted:

I'd say it's hard for me to believe Rich has waited this long to do a patreon, but it's Rich.
His aversion to making money is positively Lowtaxian.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

FMguru posted:

His aversion to making money is positively Lowtaxian.

I'd say he is Lowtax' opposite in that Rich has a work ethic that undervalues how much he should gain from his work while the other Rich is, honestly, I am not even sure what he's doing but his Patreon would probably be better off if he stopped it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Still very happy that rich just lets me quietly give him $2/month now which is more than he would have made from ad views in decades

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Still very happy that rich just lets me quietly give him $2/month now which is more than he would have made from ad views in decades

This is very confusing when people were just talking about Lowtax.

The Question IRL posted:

So not to make this an extended de-rail, but is it just me or is it kind of obvious that Minrah is supposed to be a Transgender woman?

From what what Rich has said about how he writes, I suspect the answer is "it doesn't matter what her secret is."

Can you interpenetrate it that way? Sure, but 'supposed to' seems unlikely.

e: Thanks, autocorrect.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 19, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZearothK posted:

I'd say he is Lowtax' opposite in that Rich has a work ethic that undervalues how much he should gain from his work while the other Rich is, honestly, I am not even sure what he's doing but his Patreon would probably be better off if he stopped it.
I think if Lowtax was opposed to having money, he wouldn't be trying to offer to pay front page writers in Exposure for two months. He's just an idiot with opinions stuck in 2008.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

I think if Lowtax was opposed to having money, he wouldn't be trying to offer to pay front page writers in Exposure for two months. He's just an idiot with opinions stuck in 2008.

This isn't the place to have this argument, but that's a stupid mischaracterization.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cuntellectual posted:

From what what Rich has said about how he writes, I suspect the answer is "it doesn't matter what her secret is."

Can you interpenetrate it that way? Sure, but 'supposed to' seems unlikely.

e: Thanks, autocorrect.

I think more specifically it's "If her secret matters to the story, it will come up as part of the story. If it doesn't, it's whatever makes sense to you."

Like, he made sure to point out that V's kids were adopted, because no part of the story requires V to be in a heterosexual marriage.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 21, 2020

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
:siren: 1196 - Not Yet Seasoned :siren:

Well, he's making an effort at least!

Cuntellectual posted:

This is my exact thought as well, so I didn't spend any effort trying to guess.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I don't know how Belkar of all people is going to end up with the most heart-wrenching death in the series, but I feel confident in saying it at this point.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Didn't we have a moment like this in one of the previous books, where Roy tried to tell someone about the promise he extracted from his dad to never visit his mom's home in the afterlife, only to get interrupted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

W.T. Fits posted:

Didn't we have a moment like this in one of the previous books, where Roy tried to tell someone about the promise he extracted from his dad to never visit his mom's home in the afterlife, only to get interrupted?

As far as I can remember, this is actually the first time it's come up since then.