Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tetracube posted:

in retrospect I wonder if that was also rigged, in a last ditch effort to get someone other than Biden to be the anti-Bernie

I'd buy that it was rigged but more in the sense that Klobb and Butt and Biden were each running their own parallel ratfuck campaigns and which actually won out mostly came down to whose goons managed be the last ones handling the ballot box, not that the Illuminati couldn't make up its mind who to anoint its chosen vessel.

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Mar 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Judakel posted:

Re-framing what someone else says is classic baby brain poo poo. Congrats, moron.

You just know the Sanders camp were the source, too. Lmao

Yes, this is what the media did, took things out of context, distorted the facts, and dishonestly fabricated an "AOC backstabbed Bernie" narrative, it's good that you finally understand the facts of the matter. I'll forgive you for not apologizing for how loving dense you are :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Malaria posted:

Is moving the primary good or bad for Bernie?

Hopefully Biden's base will be dead from the virus by then.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Malaria posted:

Potentially good, right now it's probably the best X factor he's got. If the elections are all held on schedule it'd be pretty bad for a number of reasons (polling indications, the exact wrong demographics staying home vs coming out to vote due to the 'rona, etc). At least with a delay there's more time for the "Biden's brain is melting" thing to penetrate and circulate.

Unfortunately Biden managed to look like a functional human being yesterday so the dementia probably won't have as much traction as I hoped, but there's still time.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I guess the fix is in?

lmao the station is news channel 3, WCIA

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Lemming posted:

Yes, this is what the media did, took things out of context, distorted the facts, and dishonestly fabricated an "AOC backstabbed Bernie" narrative, it's good that you finally understand the facts of the matter. I'll forgive you for not apologizing for how loving dense you are :)

Sounds like you're assuming an awful lot. As much as you accuse others of assuming. Baby brain poo poo, moron.

Look, let's stop this slap fight. The story stands and you just have fanfic at this point. Sorry your faves apparently did things.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Malaria posted:

i think the worse and worse it gets the more and more bernie looks right

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Potentially good, right now it's probably the best X factor he's got. If the elections are all held on schedule it'd be pretty bad for a number of reasons (polling indications, the exact wrong demographics staying home vs coming out to vote due to the 'rona, etc). At least with a delay there's more time for the "Biden's brain is melting" thing to penetrate and circulate.

Unfortunately Biden managed to look like a functional human being yesterday so the dementia probably won't have as much traction as I hoped, but there's still time.

i really wish that, during the debate, right after biden lied repeatedly, bernie held up his smartphone with video of joe supporting the things he was lying about voting against. "oh really joe, then what's this, huh?!?"

that would have been so good

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Judakel posted:

Sounds like you're assuming an awful lot. As much as you accuse others of assuming. Baby brain poo poo, moron.

Look, let's stop this slap fight. The story stands and you just have fanfic at this point. Sorry your faves apparently did things.

Can we just skip to the part where you get banned again for claiming that all women make up their rapes? This is getting really tedious

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Lemming posted:

Can we just skip to the part where you get banned again for claiming that all women make up their rapes? This is getting really tedious

Still re-framing when at a loss, huh?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Broken Machine posted:

i really wish that, during the debate, right after biden lied repeatedly, bernie held up his smartphone with video of joe supporting the things he was lying about voting against. "oh really joe, then what's this, huh?!?"

that would have been so good

Maybe he could put his citations on the https://www.tinyurl.com shortener before the debate so that when Joe Biden says "You know it's true, just go to https://www.joebiden.com and see" there's the rebuttal "and my proof is not from my website but from [source]" or wherever, for something where "just look it up on YouTube" doesn't apply

e.g. https://tinyurl.com/bideniraqvote

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 21:20 on Mar 16, 2020

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Judakel posted:

Still re-framing when at a loss, huh?

I mean if you want to continue your crusade of defending the mainstream media as the paragons of honest reporting and accurate framing I can't technically stop you, but it always seems to end up with you claiming that all women are liars and rape isn't real, so I'm just hoping we get to that point sooner rather than later

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Lemming posted:

I mean if you want to continue your crusade of defending the mainstream media as the paragons of honest reporting and accurate framing I can't technically stop you, but it always seems to end up with you claiming that all women are liars and rape isn't real, so I'm just hoping we get to that point sooner rather than later

No one did any of this.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Judakel posted:

No one did any of this.

Actually, you do that all the time!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

No lie I've completely lost track of what you two are even arguing about and it'd be cool if you both just kinda stopped

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Lemming posted:

Actually, you do that all the time!

Nope.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

No lie I've completely lost track of what you two are even arguing about and it'd be cool if you both just kinda stopped

Yeah I will. He seems mentally ill.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
My stonks are down Mr. President.

https://twitter.com/jeffreyguterman/status/1239646784739295232?s=21

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

loquacius posted:

Judakel posted:

This isn't a cancellation of AOC or anything like that, but when she was rumored to have been mad at Samders fpr trying to reach Joe Rogan voters, it became clear to me that she isn't going to be leading much of anything. What the gently caress is that contempt about.

He's just uncritically repeating media talking points that are designed to try to create a rift in the left, which is while obviously stupid pretty on brand for the thread

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

I don't think these people realize that he is going to get re-elected on a platform of leading the country through a tough time and will do a drat good job of controlling the narrative so anythign but him gets blamed for this.

like, joe biden won't even give you healthcare and thinks look at italy is a good counter to appeals for singlepayer in this crisis.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is gonna win a 2nd term and we are gonna have Trump presiding over a depression lol

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Huey Long has a giant boner in his coffin right now, this was literally his electoral strategy

shine on crazy cajun

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Trump was the first Marxist president and the last president.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Judakel posted:

I don't think these people realize that he is going to get re-elected on a platform of leading the country through a tough time and will do a drat good job of controlling the narrative so anythign but him gets blamed for this.

like, joe biden won't even give you healthcare and thinks look at italy is a good counter to appeals for singlepayer in this crisis.

Hell, I'm sitting here in Sweden with Permanent Residence and I can say Trump is looking way loving better than Biden at this point (given I only started paying attention to the pandemic in the US on Friday). Jesus Christ.

The people bitching at the President about the stock market are insane if they think they can gotcha him there.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Joe Biden being worse for America than Trump might actually be a convincing argument to vote for him

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I know Trump won a lot of the suburds, but even if they are invested in the stock market, the fact a black swan event brought this about creates a lot less correlation between president and stock market in people's minds. Most people aren't watching the narrative on social media and cable news channels that his handling has been poo poo.

If the democratic party bungles this (and joe biden will, because last night he looked out of it and couldn't back up his claims, lying aside) it is effectively over. This is very exciting.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

when americans start dying by the 1000s hes gonna get a post 9/11 Bush popularity spike lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tiberius Christ posted:

My boomer parents have kinda accepted they might bite it but then again they both voted for bernie and embrace hellworld

Please keep them safe

Fellatio del Toro posted:

when americans start dying by the 1000s hes gonna get a post 9/11 Bush popularity spike lol

Trump did coronavirus!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Phi230 posted:

Joe Biden being worse for America than Trump might actually be a convincing argument to vote for him

He is worse for the left, not worse for America in the short term. But hey, some struggle will occur. Sacrifices and so on.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Judakel posted:

I know Trump won a lot of the suburds, but even if they are invested in the stock market, the fact a black swan event brought this about creates a lot less correlation between president and stock market in people's minds. Most people aren't watching the narrative on social media and cable news channels that his handling has been poo poo.

If the democratic party bungles this (and joe biden will, because last night he looked out of it and couldn't back up his claims, lying aside) it is effectively over. This is very exciting.

The DNC has already bungled it. They backed the stonk market candidate in a time of crisis.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Judakel posted:

wait is look at italy really a democrat talking point?

I saw it somewhere but I thought it was just them being dumb lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I will never stop enjoying libs try to scold Boots Riley into voting for Biden

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Judakel posted:

the only thing i wish was over is.. your posting

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

Joe said it last night

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

yes biden used 'you think single payer can help with this pandemic but italy has single payer so there!' in the debate last night

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I had to follow that chain of quotes back like 20 posts to figure out what the gently caress they were arguing about

but I ascertained Judakel was the wrong one

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
It's amazing. Bernie draws tremendous crowds. Biden can't even fill a gymnasium and we're supposed to believe that he's outperforming exit polls by wide margins

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1239642699248160776

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I'm not sure this will happen but I could see it. Like if there's a mass mobilization and like the trajectory looks like italy where it looks bad and then starts to level off...Trump and his surrogates could argue that it was his leadership that saw america though it and now's the time to fix the stock market, which trump can do because look at the gains before the virus hit. at least that's kind of how I'd frame it if I was a surrogate of his

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Brother Entropy posted:

yes biden used 'you think single payer can help with this pandemic but italy has single payer so there!' in the debate last night

Epic High Five posted:

Joe said it last night

lmao I hate democrats so much

he's actively campaigning against universal healthcare and libs are like "oh you're just being childish if you don't vote for Biden just because you didn't get 100% of what you want"