Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

dms666 posted:

Today's drop from my cousin.

Tom Hanks is out. Tell your cousin to get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

Tom Hanks is out. Tell your cousin to get hosed.

That’s not the real Hanks :colbert:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

your link posted:

Origin
The inspiration for the hoax originally came from a joke performed by comedian Gilbert Gottfried at the Comedy Central roast of a fellow actor/comedian Bob Saget in August of 2008. After citing a nonexistent rumor that the Full House sitcom star may be an unconvicted rapist and a murderer, Gottfried repeatedly warned the audience not to spread the rumor

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I really wonder how these people see their fantasy world working. Like “The US issues a criminal indictment for the leader of Canada”. Even if that was true...ok? Like do they picture the Law and Order detectives walking up to the Prime Minister Office in Canada, flashing a warrant, and walking Trudeau to a squad car while reading Miranda Rights to him?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I really wonder how these people see their fantasy world working. Like “The US issues a criminal indictment for the leader of Canada”. Even if that was true...ok? Like do they picture the Law and Order detectives walking up to the Prime Minister Office in Canada, flashing a warrant, and walking Trudeau to a squad car while reading Miranda Rights to him?

Check out the documentary Team America: World Police for insights into their thought process.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Also we have a brand new sect forming in QAnon called “BabyQ”. A new prophet has come onto the scene who claims that he will, in fact, be the messiah Q in the future. You see he becomes Q in the future then time travels to the past to leave clues for his younger self to become Q in the future to stop THE CABAL. Lines have been drawn; there are those already following this newest prophet messiah-to-be and those decrying him and his followers as heretics planted by anti-Q operatives to discredit the true Messiah. Seriously this poo poo is fascinating to watch

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yes, they do.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
loving lol at the idea of a 67 year old man being like "yeah, I'll turn on all my buddies in exchange for a deal that sees me being released from prison when I'm 90".

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Covid-19 is simultaneously a lab created bioweapon and a fictitious cover story for arrests

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also we have a brand new sect forming in QAnon called “BabyQ”. A new prophet has come onto the scene who claims that he will, in fact, be the messiah Q in the future. You see he becomes Q in the future then time travels to the past to leave clues for his younger self to become Q in the future to stop THE CABAL. Lines have been drawn; there are those already following this newest prophet messiah-to-be and those decrying him and his followers as heretics planted by anti-Q operatives to discredit the true Messiah. Seriously this poo poo is fascinating to watch

This is loving awesome.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:doh:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pseudanonymous posted:

This is loving awesome.

I don't know what's better, the people who believe, or the grifters furious they didn't think of it first

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

anyone wanna cut and paste that, i keep getting adblocker poo poo

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

text me a vag pic posted:

anyone wanna cut and paste that, i keep getting adblocker poo poo

quote:

Baby Q’ infuriates QAnon old-heads

QAnon believers should be living high on the hog these days. The president recently posted a blatantly pro-QAnon meme, and Tom Hanks—the Terminal star who plays an arch-villain role in the QAnon mythos—has come down with the coronavirus.

Instead, QAnon is in turmoil. The reason: a young upstart with a YouTube account is bossing around the old guard by claiming that he is himself Q.

A month ago, a mysterious young man using the name Austin Steinbart started to make waves in the QAnon community. Steinbart has the confident, dismissive mien of a reality-show villain, and his videos exploring the QAnon world have all the quick-cuts and peppy attitude of a gadget unboxing. He’s won plenty of adherents among QAnon conspiracy theorists, who are otherwise used to settling for much lower production values.

The whole QAnon theory that Democrats are running a pedophile-cannibal cabal to destroy the globe is based off of anonymous posts from a mysterious person or group of people named “Q.” For the majority of QAnon believers, Q is Ret. Gen. Michael Flynn, or maybe Trump social media director Dan Scavino. In this wacko world, Donald Trump himself bears the moniker “Q+.”

QAnon watchers—both believers and non-believers—have been very curious about Q’s identity. So it was a big deal last week when Steinbart revealed who Q really is: him! As a result, Steinbart’s fans have dubbed him “Baby Q.”

Steinbart initially said he was just following QAnon clues. More recently, though, he’s claimed that he actually is Q. How does that make sense? Well... time travel.

In Steinbart’s telling, Q is Steinbart from the future, who’s traveled back in time to leave present-day Steinbart clues. This is obviously a lot of nonsense, but plenty of people are getting on board with it!

The comments on Steinbart’s videos are filled with QAnon fans amazed that the truth about Q has been revealed after so long. The latest 8Chan message board has lit up with discussions of Steinbart and the “Baby Q issue.” After I tweeted about Steinbart, one of his fans emailed me to ask if I could get Steinbart to help her with her personal problems.

What he’s laying out is absolutely nuts. But it’s been driving the QAnon old-guard absolutely nuts too. When I tweeted an interview request at Steinbart in an attempt to figure out what exactly he’s up to, more established QAnon hucksters moaned that my attempt to contact him was proof that he’s a deep-state puppet.

All of the hucksters making money off of QAnon aren’t thrilled with the prospect of being displaced by a guy who has come out of absolutely nowhere to claim that he’s Q. But Steinbart has been talking an incredible level of trash, trying to wrest control of the lucrative QAnon believer demo from the people who have previously controlled them.

“Take a seat,” Steinbart told his critics in a recent YouTube video, tapping his forehead. “Understand that I am nowhere near as measured as Q+.”

It’s not clear exactly what kind of scheme Steinbart is running, or if that’s even his real name. His Instagram account goes back for more than a year, and features pictures of him or someone who looks like him with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and the late John McCain—pics that have been fodder for his critics, who see McCain and Graham as deep-state stars. Otherwise, though, it’s difficult to learn anything about Steinbart, or what exactly he’s gaining by screwing with QAnon fans.

But it seems like his foes have one legitimate beef: none of them had the audacity to just claim they were Q before he did!

HBO Documentary on Right-Wing Media
If you’re reading Right Richter, you’re probably interested in the way that disinformation and conspiracy theories are influencing our politics. If that’s the case, I think you’ll like After Truth, a documentary premiering on HBO on March 19.

I appear in it a couple of times, talking about Pizzagate, Seth Rich, and the various misdeeds of Jacob Wohl. Check out the trailer.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I admit there have been times I wish others or myself had done little experiments and posted or started things in QAnon just to see what would form from it but I’m glad no one has because watching it’s untouched evolution has been remarkable. It’s gone in ways I would never have imagined possible

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Aw so there are no little Baby Q images yet? I was thinking this might be the next baby Yoda

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
There was already a one-true Qbaby!! Many have consumed the holy bleach in His image to prove their worthiness

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I admit there have been times I wish others or myself had done little experiments and posted or started things in QAnon just to see what would form from it but I’m glad no one has because watching it’s untouched evolution has been remarkable. It’s gone in ways I would never have imagined possible

That might be what's actually happened. Thousands of people trying some weird angle, and the successes happen to match the weird psychological holes that apparently exist in this subset of the population.

The babyQ thing probably isn't so much that they are credulous to time travel, but something like them feeling alienated from history, seeing themselves portrayed as out of touch and behind the times. Fantasy youths like Charlie Kirk exist to help them feel like they were right all along.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
So as of about 10:30 PM PST, some combination of Q-Anons and trolls somehow managed to post enough about Oprah Winfrey getting arrested for child trafficking that her name started trending.

https://twitter.com/Oprah/status/1240150930840051712

Check the replies. They really think they've got her cornered on this one.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/RealRockatansky/status/1240379494646419456?s=20

Nooooo Danica turn left!!!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I had her mixed up with Danica McKellar, but then I double checked. The joke made much more sense afterwards.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lol at the typewriter brand being a Secret Hidden Message when he literally makes a joke about it in the text of the post

These people are sick convinced that they're the only ones smart enough to crack the top secret cabal codes for highly perceptive geniuses despite having the reading comprehension of small children

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

lol that Q stuff got really quiet for a while but is bubbling up again as people get stuck being more online

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Peanut Butler posted:

lol that Q stuff got really quiet for a while but is bubbling up again as people get stuck being more online

It got quiet because Trump grew somehow even more stupid and all the big events for QAnon fell even flatter than normal. I think it was back in January that everything was going to go public 100% and finally they’d be proven right. The original Q had gave themself an expiration date because they said 2020 was end game . But with the good ol’ rona there’s something for them to point to as clear evidence it’s all about to break open and all the loved ones they pushed away will be crawling back now that I will be proven RIGHT. Until Corona the last big QAnon had was the death of Mr. Peanut :laffo:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

I'm laughing imagining Federal agents holding Tom and Rita at gunpoint yelling at them to put more symbols and hidden messages in the tweet. MORE GODDAMN IT.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 19, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Pretty good posted:

lol at the typewriter brand being a Secret Hidden Message when he literally makes a joke about it in the text of the post

These people are sick convinced that they're the only ones smart enough to crack the top secret cabal codes for highly perceptive geniuses despite having the reading comprehension of small children

It’s like one of those Christian anti-pop culture figures (or is one) listening to Hotel California, getting to “This could be heaven or this could be hell,” and saying “Aha! Could it be this song is about... Hell? Oh ho ho you thought you could sneak it past me. Nice try, Satan :smug:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

It’s like one of those Christian anti-pop culture figures (or is one) listening to Hotel California, getting to “This could be heaven or this could be hell,” and saying “Aha! Could it be this song is about... Hell? Oh ho ho you thought you could sneak it past me. Nice try, Satan :smug:

Anyone who listens to Hotel California enough to try and find any kind of message deserves all the suffering that that entails.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

why "BabyQ" when "q" was right there?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FFT posted:

You don’t get into Q if you’re clever. Look at WWG1WWGA as an example.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It is pretty weird to bring a typewriter into the bathroom though.

Not that the Q post does anything but mention it, but, you know.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Xiahou Dun posted:

It is pretty weird to bring a typewriter into the bathroom though.

Not that the Q post does anything but mention it, but, you know.

tbh it looks like he's still in a hospital room and the self-isolation line is just to keep the paparazzi the gently caress away from there

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The Sausages posted:

tbh it looks like he's still in a hospital room and the self-isolation line is just to keep the paparazzi the gently caress away from there

Fair.

Makes a lot more sense than bringing a heavy type-writer in while you drop a deuce.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Cousin who posted the multiple Q drops previously posted, including the one where it said the color of Trump's tie was the same as the Navy ship flag for no virus, now changed to the virus is in fact real, but those celebs who have it actually dont.

Also, expect big names to fall tomorrow on 3/22!!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I wasn't even looking for Q stuff but it was the top reply under the Madonna vid I went to check out:

https://twitter.com/MagniAnon/status/1241130080342028290?s=20

Literally everything is a code to these people. They believe in a conspiracy that the people involved in it refuse to stop yelling about...

E: and they've also got the virus figured out, start to finish. It was Q+ stabbing the deep state from China:

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 22, 2020

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

But what they didn't know is that Soros put nano machines into the coronavirus that will explode teamQ's lab equipment trying to measure the pedophiles. But what he didn't know is that team q put a subspace message into the virus that will disable the nano machines.

This is quickly becoming the lamest larp in existence. I think the market is ready for something new.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

But what they didn't know is that Soros put nano machines into the coronavirus that will explode teamQ's lab equipment trying to measure the pedophiles. But what he didn't know is that team q put a subspace message into the virus that will disable the nano machines.

This is quickly becoming the lamest larp in existence. I think the market is ready for something new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHQr0HCIN2w

It reminds me of this classic Key & Peele sketch.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

jojoinnit posted:

Literally everything is a code to these people. They believe in a conspiracy that the people involved in it refuse to stop yelling about...

They believe in a global conspiracy involving all of the world's most rich, powerful, and famous people. This cabal is simultaneously so powerful and cagey that they have secretly controlled every aspect of life for the world's population for centuries, and so dumb and incompetent that they constantly make public statements containing secret code words, and constantly make obvious mistakes that expose their lies. They don't see a problem with both of those statements being true.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

They believe in a global conspiracy involving all of the world's most rich, powerful, and famous people. This cabal is simultaneously so powerful and cagey that they have secretly controlled every aspect of life for the world's population for centuries, and so dumb and incompetent that they constantly make public statements containing secret code words, and constantly make obvious mistakes that expose their lies. They don't see a problem with both of those statements being true.
Posting the umberto eco smilie has become an annoying SA cliché over the past year so in lieu of that: it's because they're fascists op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

FFT posted:

because then you can't abbreviate it to "bbq"