Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Jesus gently caress are level 50 iOS expensive. I got my empathy to 47 and respecced, dropped 20 million on set recipes only to find out that generics are still like 400k from the terminal.

#1 how do I make mad influence, just sell conversions?

#2 and good empathy io builds googling gives me a bunch of conflicting stuff with set bonuses that make no sense.

#3 anyone just want to send @soonmot 30 million influence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Soonmot posted:

Jesus gently caress are level 50 iOS expensive. I got my empathy to 47 and respecced, dropped 20 million on set recipes only to find out that generics are still like 400k from the terminal.

Just do what everyone else does... make a rad/fire, scrounge together enough for basic IOs, farm until you're rich.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Soonmot posted:

#2 and good empathy io builds googling gives me a bunch of conflicting stuff with set bonuses that make no sense.

#3 anyone just want to send @soonmot 30 million influence?

dont use generics from vendors just buy them in the ah from people who got drops for like 50k

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
/\ahhhh the terminal was so much cheaper when I got the level 25 ones that I didn't bother checking the ah

I'd rather do something fun with a character I want to play, though.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Soonmot posted:

/\ahhhh the terminal was so much cheaper when I got the level 25 ones that I didn't bother checking the ah

I'd rather do something fun with a character I want to play, though.

I've been out for a couple months, but the best thing to do that isn't farming and is actually fun is basically anything that gives reward merits - Trials, TFs, story arcs in Ouro or otherwse, whatever. The merits don't change based on difficulty so you can always run things at +0/x1. Used to be you'd just turn the merits in for enhancement converters and flip them on the AH, don't know if that's still the most profitable way to turn them in now but I'd assume so.

Alternatively you could actually make the recipes you get as drops, use the converters to turn them into something worth 1M+, and sell those instead. That gets real tedious after a while, though.

Incidentally, once you hit 50: you want to unlock your alpha slot, get it to t3 for the +1 level shift, and get other incarnate powers ASAP. On Homecoming you get to keep your incarnate stuff while running ANY 45+ content, and that's nearly as valuable as your IOs. The only restriction is the two +1 incarnate shifts that only apply to incarnate content, but that also includes everything in Dark Astoria.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 16, 2020

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Okay, that brings up another question, what does conversion do? Do I know they change enhancements, but how?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Soonmot posted:

Okay, that brings up another question, what does conversion do? Do I know they change enhancements, but how?

Basically it just re-rolls crafted set enhancements. But you can choose to reroll either within the class (so a melee damage set io will become an io from another melee damage set), or within the rarity (basically getting a different Uncommon or Rare).

Thing is, if you reroll an uncommon within the class, most of the time it'll become a rare. Then if that rare isn't worth much, you can reroll it by rarity, and have a good shot of getting something that's at least worth more than you spent on crafting and converting.

It's kind of a hassle though. Easier to just throw the enhancement converters up on the AH for guaranteed profit.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 16, 2020

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Soonmot posted:

They allow you to basically re-roll the enhancement into something else, depending on how many converters you use. Say you've got a level 50 Doctored Wounds IO, you can spend 2 converters to get a random Healing IO of the same level, which could get you something from the Numina or Preventative Medicine sets.

This should still be correct information.
https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancement_Converter_Salvage

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
awesome thank you.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Soonmot posted:

awesome thank you.

there's slow but guaranteed money in turning lovely purple sets into good ones, or at least there was. that was what i did when i didnt feel like logging into my farmer.

buy 14m bad purp recipe, spend 1m making it, turn into a good purp and sell for ~20m after AH fees. it'd take a little bit of time to buy/sell tho so keep orders in.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

you can pretty much always move memorized workbench IOs at a really healthy profit, but the uptake isn't fast, so you won't make money quickly

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Abroham Lincoln posted:

quote:

Changes in this build:

Added asymmetrical options (complete with relevant VFX) for the following:

Ascension boots
Black Knight boots
Rocket boots
Piston boots
Winged boots
Cosmic Corsair peg legs
:yeshaha:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Since we're talking about inf, how long does it take for a farmer to reach 1 billion?

IIRC, it took me about a month and a half to two months to go from 100 mil to 1 bil from mostly selling enhancement converters. That's on a semi-casual basis and through some extreme fluctuations where I made out like a bandit more than a few times.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Freakazoid_ posted:

Since we're talking about inf, how long does it take for a farmer to reach 1 billion?

IIRC, it took me about a month and a half to two months to go from 100 mil to 1 bil from mostly selling enhancement converters. That's on a semi-casual basis and through some extreme fluctuations where I made out like a bandit more than a few times.

my fire/rad tanker gets about 100m inf an hour. that doesn't include selling generic garbage to vendors or getting lucky with valuable recipes. i'm also slow and lazy and my build isn't finished. an optimal one is around 130m inf.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
jesus gently caress, maybe I SHOULD do that. What other builds work for farming? If something clicks for me, I could give it a shot.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The two best options for the standard AE farming are Spines/Fire Brute and Rad/Fire Brute. I went Rad/Fire just because I had a funny idea for a character theme but I think Spines/Fire is more popular.

Basically how it works is people make AE missions where the enemies do almost exclusively fire damage, so you use the Fire Armor set to avoid most of the incoming damage while giving yourself extra passive AoE damage in the form of an aura. Spines and Rad Melee are the most useful attack sets for it because they also come with passive AoE auras and a good amount of AoE attacks so you can clear the missions as fast as possible.

You can level a farming Brute pretty easily by doing those AE missions and just scaling them to what you can handle, ramping up the level/party size modifiers as you can handle more.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tanker is almost identical to brute farming times now anyway so you can make whichever you prefer. Mine is a tanker because I wanted to make it for general play and not just farming and tanker defensive values made that easier to do.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
How would dark/dark fare with their -acc?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

For AE farming? Probably fine once they're all kitted out but it's gonna be a lot harder to get to that point. The Architect missions people make for farming are tailor-made to be farmed by Brutes and Tankers with the Fire Armor power set, so while other sets can work once you're super strong and loaded up with IOs, it's gonna be really expensive to get to that point. I'm mostly basing this on the fact that people sometimes show off how great their non-farming builds are by clearing farming missions quickly with them--it works, but only once you're super strong, which is going to be easier to do if you already have a fire farmer.

I understand the desire to make your farming Brute or Tanker usable for more general play outside of farming, but going too far outside of the normal farming builds will make the farming itself a lot slower.

For AE farming, what you want is Fire Armor and then an attack set with great AoE (which is why Spines and Rad Melee are the most popular).

Harrow fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 16, 2020

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Dark/dark can make a fantastically durable tank. It’s my default choice when I know there won’t be any support. Ran one last night where everyone else was on fire/fire blasters.

AoE is weak so it’s not a great farmer.

The best thing to do is make a dedicated farmer on a second account. Spines/fire is supposed to be better for afk farming, rad/fire a little better at active farming. Don’t know rad, spines works great.

Use dedicated farmer to PL general purpose brute. I tried a farm/general fire/fire brute, sucked at both. Didn’t want to be another goddamn spines/fire. Wasted a lot of time avoiding inevitable.

Gorgar fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 16, 2020

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, to be clear, Dark/Dark is a great tank, just not specifically for AE farming.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Yeah. Fire Farms for Fun and Profit are just about having 90% Fire Resist, 45.0 Fire Defense, and good AOE attacks.

The reason -accuracy won't help as much is if the effect is hitting mobs that are not in your aggro cap.

The level 53 (+4/x8) bosses/archvillains hit really hard. With defense cap and resist cap, you are nearly invulnerable ... as long as you don't fall asleep.

/Fire gives you damage pulse, heal, endurance, damage buff, and fire resist... there is a good reason everyone uses it.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I know you said pretty much any class could do it eventually, what about an Elec Melee / Fire brute? Doesn't Electric have nice AoE tools?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The most important part is the Fire Armor set. Any attack set will work. Spines and Rad Melee are the most popular for a reason, though: they both have AoE damage auras that have you constantly putting out AoE damage while you also hit other attacks. Any other set will work but will be slower.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Lightning Rod is fun and all, but the recharge is long enough that it's not much of a farming tool. The big draw in a farming primary for spines at least is there's a damage aura in it, plus fairly decent other AoE. What you want is sustained AoE, not occasional bursts.

I've never tried rad so I don't know what its tools are, but I've heard they require more active use, whereas spines will, given sufficent regen, let you load up a long-rear end farm made entirely of patrols on a big map, then go do something else. Now and then move your farmer to a different spot on the map, burn down some poo poo, wait for patrols in that area to come kill themselves on you.

You can farm on anything you want if you use inspirations to cover deficiencies in your resistance/defense/regen, but it'll be horribly inefficient, especially if you're not using /fire, because Burn is ridiculous. But it can be a good way to bootstrap your real farmer, because you are going to need a pile of Aegis and other expensive IOs.

Once you've built a good farmer, you can start making inf at a ridiculous pace. Turn all your inspirations into reds with macros, constantly be chugging reds, burn everything down, PL and IO out pages of alts.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Thank you all, guess fire/spines it is. And not real preference between brute or tank?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Perhaps I'm not creative but what can you do with a single rocket boot?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Perhaps I'm not creative but what can you do with a single rocket boot?

Make your battle cry "Jane, get me off this crazy thing!"

Now if there was a corkscrew flight path option, then we'd be cooking.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Soonmot posted:

Thank you all, guess fire/spines it is. And not real preference between brute or tank?

I've only tried Brute for it myself, but my guess is that it's going to be easier to become near-impervious to fire damage on a Tanker but you'll probably kill faster on a Brute. Brutes are definitely the go-to choice for farming (to the degree that when Homecoming releases data on how popular certain archetypes or builds are, they exclude Fire Armor Brutes because they skew the data so severely) but Tankers will definitely work, too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Harrow posted:

I've only tried Brute for it myself, but my guess is that it's going to be easier to become near-impervious to fire damage on a Tanker but you'll probably kill faster on a Brute. Brutes are definitely the go-to choice for farming (to the degree that when Homecoming releases data on how popular certain archetypes or builds are, they exclude Fire Armor Brutes because they skew the data so severely) but Tankers will definitely work, too.

As I said earlier on this page, they are very, VERY close to each other now after the tanker buff. Unless you aren't on homecoming. The difference is that you can more reasonably take your tanker out into 'real' content than you can your brute. It's close enough that it literally does not matter now for the farms themselves.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

As I said earlier on this page, they are very, VERY close to each other now after the tanker buff. Unless you aren't on homecoming. The difference is that you can more reasonably take your tanker out into 'real' content than you can your brute. It's close enough that it literally does not matter now for the farms themselves.

Sorry, I haven't played in a while so I didn't know the Tanker buff was that significant.

Does that "Tanker does almost as much damage as Brute" situation apply outside of fire farming setups, too?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Harrow posted:

Sorry, I haven't played in a while so I didn't know the Tanker buff was that significant.

Does that "Tanker does almost as much damage as Brute" situation apply outside of fire farming setups, too?

It's closer than it was. Tanker base scalars are better now, they have 16 target caps and better aoe radius/cones. They'll pull ahead if a brute doesn't get fury up or when it comes to very saturated mob packs. Brute will be further ahead with fury up, on smaller groups or against single harder targets.

Ignoring set specific differences, of course.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I made a (crystal) spines/fire brute called Old McDonalds

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is the login server down?

I'm trying to diagnose my network anyway and want to make sure it's not me.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Is the login server down?

I'm trying to diagnose my network anyway and want to make sure it's not me.

They're in extended maintenance still it looks like. They drop updates to #server-status-updates on the discord.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
haha thank you @greenbean, i just that i had an email

lol old mcdonalds got reset by GMsfor copyrite loving cops

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 18, 2020

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
"We're running a pirated version of an old MMO, but we're still going to police copyright, drat it."

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Old McDonald is in the public domain, change it back

EDIT: oh right, missed the s

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 18, 2020

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

You could try Old Micky Dee's or Auld MacDonalds or something

McDonald the Elder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's now Old MacDowells, if it was good enough for Eddie Murphy, it's good enough for me. Same costume only black/purple/green instead of white/red/yellow

EDIT:

The comicon farm has an enemy named Florence Fightengale and that's too good a loving name for an npc

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 18, 2020