Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The new Frenzy set is pretty good. Overall I'd say it's probably not as strong as WW (what is) but it's unique, fun to look at and well-balanced for all endgame activities. Plus I always like it when balance passes can bring items back from the dead -- when was the last time you didn't autoshard an Azurewrath or Oathkeeper. I'd put it roughly 5 GR levels behind WW solo, possibly topping out around 135ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I am playing for the first time since season 6 and want to level one of the classes that I never played before.

Out of Barb, WD, and Necromancer would one class be significantly better in Season 20 for someone who will mostly be playing solo on the Switch? Does the choice matter at all if I will probably never be pushing the top tier rifts?

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 16, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Barb is probably the chillest experience for a returning player who just wants to kick back and kill monsters. In addition to being one of the strongest builds in the game, Whirlwind requires you to literally hold down a button the entire time while occasionally remembering to press Wrath of the Berserker. Their starter set in S20 is IK, which has a very easy power progression through the season journey, and they got a new set for Frenzy added with the last patch that is also very good. Really in the great history of Diablo 3, you can never go wrong with Barb.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Parker Lewis posted:

I am playing for the first time since season 6 and want to level one of the classes that I never played before.

Out of Barb, WD, and Necromancer would one class be significantly better in Season 20 for someone who will mostly be playing solo on the Switch? Does the choice matter at all if I will probably never be pushing the top tier rifts?
There's also a Diablo 3 goons discord, with a switch channel and a list of active switch gamertags you can add as friends.

Ya know, if you wanna murder monsters with friends.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

That's great, thanks!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Parker Lewis posted:

I'm currently leveling a WD and holy crap it's fun. I have zombie dogs attacking everything with some kind of voodoo gimp lumbering along. On top of that a demon head shows up to throw up on everything with puke slime being born out of it and searching for victims.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone know if command skeletons also affect skeletal mages?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Avalerion posted:

You mean the active portion of the ability? No, it doesn't.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Avalerion posted:

Mages will target whatever you are targeting when you cast them. Then they'll target other stuff on their own.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
I got my LOD mage necro stuck at around gr70 since the game decided the Krysbin ring does not exist for me. I upgraded over 50 rings in cube in addition to normal loot, too. After that I got fed up with the squishy super high apm playstyle and used like 30 minutes to gear up a PoJ tempest rush monk.

Instantly clearing gr90 with crappy gear, wrong weapons and hardly any levels in the gems. :stare:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'm only a P45 or so, and I've already had 2 Rainbow Gobbos and 2 Bovine Bardiches drop.
I suppose I should enjoy my luck while it's in. Doubt I'll get any Gifts at this rate.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man RORG is not dropping for me, and it's annoying cause I need it to up my game level.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Man RORG is not dropping for me, and it's annoying cause I need it to up my game level.

Remember its from act 1 bounty caches?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Remember its from act 1 bounty caches?

Yeah I been running only those. Doesn't help that my 4-piece Nat DH is not really good at zipping around.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I had a rorg drop from an a4 cache, remember you can also run those if you get tired of a1. (Odds are worse but bounties are faster)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Low key humble brag but I don’t think I’ve ever needed more than 4-5 caches to get my RORG ever

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Avarice band is always the one that takes me forever to get. I still haven't gotten it and I'm P6XX but admittedly don't run too many bounties. Journey is complete already and everything though.

Gonna go through on Switch and see if I can figure out conquests. I guess on console Curses! is really hard to get even with a WoL monk or DH because the monsters can't spawn fast enough or something. There's a few other things/caveats that are console only (nemesis spawn, neph globes, dodge roll, etc) that I hope they don't do in D4. It would be nice to have parity on all versions. Sounds like they're trying to do that with console UI and controller support in mind though, so that's good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's hard going from WW Barb to something that's not WW Barb because with WW Barb I could just hold down a single button and speed through bounties.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Switch has kindly freed me from having to play Diablo 3 by refusing to connect to the Internet.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I'm full Arachyr6 but I am struggling to get past T7-X or so, I'm just so squishy with only 8m toughness (16 with frog buff)... On HC so I cant exactly sell out for damage. Do I just need to level up Moratoriam or what?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

I'm full Arachyr6 but I am struggling to get past T7-X or so, I'm just so squishy with only 8m toughness (16 with frog buff)... On HC so I cant exactly sell out for damage. Do I just need to level up Moratoriam or what?

Post your build. But if it's like every other WD build (:rolleyes: I wish they would not require this bullshit in every WD build, hopefully in a balance patch somewhere they fix it. Recasting it every 5 seconds is terrible too and is easy for stacks to drop off leading to bosses, etc), it means having Sacred harvester and Lakumba's bracer. Unity on follower and cube helps too.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Suburban Dad posted:

Post your build.
Dr. Batfingers

Seasonal event means it isn't showing, but I've also got Chiroptera and Wormwood cubed.

I have 2 Unitys (one cubed, one on Kormac) but no Eirena's Tissue for Kormac yet :(

I know I need to craft/upgrade Templar relics but I'm DB-poor right now (but I do have like 5 "access to all skills" relics)

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 17, 2020

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still no goddamn RORG.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Solo'd GR70 a bit ago and...

Soon after while running some GRs

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Solo'd GR70 a bit ago and...

This might put someone pretty high on barb leaderboards, right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't you cube it so you can run one of the 2 Dual Wielding sets?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Don't you cube it so you can run one of the 2 Dual Wielding sets?

That seems to be the default approach, but a lot of folks at the top tier of the ladder I looked at last season had one equipped.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Do you have to solo gr70 to unlock primals or can you gangbang it?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You have to solo it

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

RodShaft posted:

Solo.

e:f;b

I think you'll be better off cubing ambo's. That one though you could try and dick around with.

Shrecknet posted:

Dr. Batfingers

Seasonal event means it isn't showing, but I've also got Chiroptera and Wormwood cubed.

I have 2 Unitys (one cubed, one on Kormac) but no Eirena's Tissue for Kormac yet :(

I know I need to craft/upgrade Templar relics but I'm DB-poor right now (but I do have like 5 "access to all skills" relics)

I'd remove the unity in cube until you have the follower trinket. Answer is still Sacred harvester (soul harvest - languish) and Lakumba's. They're required for any build, basically. WD is not good for HC because the way the stacks drop off very quick. If you forget to recast, you'll probably die very quickly. And the 2 seconds on spirit vessel seems to go by very fast in my experience. :v:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 17, 2020

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
You can run ambos and echoing fury for speed runs, wear FnR and cube band of might, zodiac, coe.

For pushing I would "guess" you still want to run istvans like last season and stone gauntlets somewhere.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

RodShaft posted:

I don't play D3 very often, what does "unlock" primals mean? They don't start dropping until you solo gr70? Do they only drop at that difficulty or higher?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Man this has been a rough experience for me this season. Lost one HC on Greed she had like less than 10% of her health left. Then lost another HC due to insane lag (I ran away when my cheat death popped I was two screens away then rubberbanded back to the room I was in and fell over dead). Then lost another trying to crack GR 70 and had the boss teleport on top of me insta killing me while I was running back toward the stairs.

Last couple of seasons I don't even really remember losing anyone especially this early in the season. Somehow I blame the corona virus.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

I don't play D3 very often, what does "unlock" primals mean? They don't start dropping until you solo gr70? Do they only drop at that difficulty or higher?

This. Once you beat solo GR70 any ancient has a small percentage to be a primal.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I finally finished the hydra set last night, after derping around at ~T13 levels with my Chantodo-less Vyr build, and man. It's soooooo much more chill to play.

While Vyr isn't too bad as far as momentum-based builds go, it is still exhausting to play. Lazy-build me all day erry day.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Shrecknet posted:

Suburban Dad posted:

I'd remove the unity in cube until you have the follower trinket.

Very much this since the damage is split back your way too when they're not immortal and your followers have really dumb traits like walking into demonic forges in act III arreat crater that insta-gib you.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

bio347 posted:

I finally finished the hydra set last night, after derping around at ~T13 levels with my Chantodo-less Vyr build, and man. It's soooooo much more chill to play.

While Vyr isn't too bad as far as momentum-based builds go, it is still exhausting to play. Lazy-build me all day erry day.

Yeah Vyr's is fun but also kind of annoying.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Same. The holy shotgun from last season was the same. My hands hurt from playing that after a couple hours.

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil
I've been running this build since the cube changes/buffs. I ran a 75 at 3:42 with only 172 paragon lvls and only one gem of powerful at lvl 25. https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-hammerdin-build-with-blessed-hammer-and-seeker-of-the-light-set The only changes you need to make is run the furnace instead of faithful memory. gabriels bracers. and blessed haull belt. grab you a zei's stone to 25. you do not need bane of the trapped( mobs will never get close enough). and pick gogok and stricken. you don't need convention of elements as a ring...run a RRG and hammer jammers. and obsidian ring of the zodiac. gently caress the travlers poo poo ..your gonna be sitting still and melting poo poo before it even comes into the screen. You just need to run Justice (hammer of pursuit rune) ..pick whatever bracers or belt you want...focus on attack speed/crit dmg/chance. You don't need to worry about CD reduc. since Justice will proc a hammer. You can pop your aura..champ, falling sword but you don't even need that...it's just a shotgun build where you never even get touched. rubies all the way. Grab you some nemesis bracers for champ spawn on pylon and a decent flavor of time amulet or a good rolled hellfire amulet. Throw in steeds charge (endurance) for mobility instead of provoke. you don't need wrath. You can also cube mantle of channeling over the furnace for higher rift pushing. It's pure glass though. risk vs reward. the only 2 rules that makes this build work besides what is mentioned above is max out attack speed and CDR....you don't need RCR.

For follower you want templar 1/2/1/1 with thunderfury sword, freeze of deflection shield, and oculus ring, and cannot die relic.

deaf jesus fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Ffs. Well you guys wanted pics of lovely primals.