Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

pmchem posted:

The fed is now buying stocks:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/federal-reserve-reopens-crisis-era-primary-dealer-credit-facility-223202781.html
"The Fed will also take on equities, although exchange-traded funds, mutual funds, and unit investment trusts are not covered."

Is there any way to quantify this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

pmchem posted:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/federal-reserve-reopens-crisis-era-primary-dealer-credit-facility-223202781.html
"The Fed will also take on equities, although exchange-traded funds, mutual funds, and unit investment trusts are not covered."

:ussr:

Chairman Trmpu!!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Hahahahaha Tom Brady is a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. The simulation is breaking down.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

pathetic little tramp posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Lmaooooooo

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

WAHT.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

pmchem posted:

they came up with some hosed up legal work around because they can't actually do this

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Jones2/status/1239901121570844673

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao gently caress Brady

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This whole reality is the 17th season of Madden 2003 where the player names become increasingly bizarre and all the superstar players are either decrepit husks for third-string teams or coaching.

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
https://twitter.com/ZachandMattShow/status/1240021441011240960

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/SalehaMohsin/status/1240045093958057985?s=20

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tuyop posted:

yesterday we were told to self-isolate if we feel at all sick and what the procedure would be for remote work.

Well, today I felt sick so I self-isolated (which is a loving alruistic step, of course) and my boss just took over my job duties. None of the procedures discussed happened, no communication with me beyond a “I’ll take care of it” at like 9am. I am certain I will not be getting paid for today because I’m an “independent contractor”.

Pretty sure if you expect altruism from your people you have some kind of moral obligation to loving provide for them when they sacrifice for the greater good. Not this terms of the contract bullshit. And this from the guy who says that he thinks of his company like a family. :allears:

lol have you ever known anyone who's had to work for the family business? they get exploited like crazy

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Yeah I guess it could, but come on no one only wants to hear best case

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Is this 20% unemployment according to U-3 or U-6

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

cool dance moves posted:

Is this 20% unemployment according to U-3 or U-6

U-R Mom

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
uhhh, nobody tell number!

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

:negative:

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://twitter.com/SalehaMohsin/status/1240045774131605505?s=20

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Weaponized Autism posted:

uhhh, nobody tell number!

Lol too late.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

NO WAY.

Did the Pats get Winston?!

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

good to see interest rates on the rise somewhere

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Is this for real. Stop this ride, I want off

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
17776: What Number Will Look Like in the Future

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol I just realized trump heard number went down worse than 1929 while he was talking, got so pissed at number he's now pushing for straight up cash payments to everyone as a gently caress you numberdad move

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
So we're at the helicopter money phase?

Maybe this UBI run around is a way to placate the masses for a while. This is like, failing dictatorship economics.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

So we're at the helicopter money phase?

Maybe this UBI run around is a way to placate the masses for a while. This is like, failing dictatorship economics.

it will work and biden will lose as badly as dukakis did and the democrats will lose the house and the republicans will pick up a 2/3 majority in the senate

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I hope all liberals and conservatives who ever advocated pulling up by bootstraps remembers to burn their government checks

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it will work and biden will lose as badly as dukakis did and the democrats will lose the house and the republicans will pick up a 2/3 majority in the senate

lmao if Trump actually sends out Trump cash with his face on it...

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston
I'm a non-american but familiar with both Brady and American football, what's so hilarious about him joining the Buccaneers? Do they suck that much or what?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Churchill posted:

I'm a non-american but familiar with both Brady and American football, what's so hilarious about him joining the Buccaneers? Do they suck that much or what?

yes they do

They haven't made the playoffs in 13 years, the last time they won a game in the playoffs was 2003. Their record since 2007 has been like 107-165.

They're not the worst team in the league but they're definitely in the "long term abysmal team watch out" bracket.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
brady is buying the dip, may we all follow in his path

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
does anyone know what happens if the institutions that received that stimulus money are unable to pay some or all of it back?

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

so if I have $100 of stocks, the fed will give me a $100 loan. i can then use the money to buy $100 more stocks, and get another $100 loan. with a 0% reserve requirement I am pretty sure this works. we're in business baby.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cool av posted:

so if I have $100 of stocks, the fed will give me a $100 loan. i can then use the money to buy $100 more stocks, and get another $100 loan. with a 0% reserve requirement I am pretty sure this works. we're in business baby.

11 years later Dow 29k

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
we're going to open below 20,000 tomorrow morning

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

tuyop posted:

And this from the guy who says that he thinks of his company like a family. :allears:

this probably doesn't help you now, but anyone at a job that really harangues everyone about "work is just like a family" is a huge red flag. never do they mean "work is the place where you can go to receive unconditional support and acceptance, you know, like an ideal family" but they always mean "i expect to be able to humiliate and degrade you without repercussion, you know, like a lovely family"

so yeah, any time you hear "this office is like my family!" loving run, if you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Literal Hamster posted:

does anyone know what happens if the institutions that received that stimulus money are unable to pay some or all of it back?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some mixture of rigging and bullshit will be used to make it look like they paid it all back.