Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Old Boot posted:

I don't think she'll be vying for VP. I don't get the sense she will be, anyway.

If Dems somehow take back the senate she'd make a much better Senate Majority leader. Probably not as likely now, but IDK, it's possible I'm spending way too much time on SA/Twitter listening to all the incensed yelling to get a sense of perspective on where the usual base and undecideds happen to be right now.

I think her skills and talents would place her best as a cabinet secretary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Ceiling fan posted:

Yeah something I ordered through the mail service 3 weeks ago still hasn't shown up. Thanks for reminding me. I need to check up on that.

They said mine was sent out and should be delivered by the end of the day today. We値l see.

In other news, I知 sure this is going to be so unexpected by this forum:

https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1240062628799680513?s=21

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Ceiling fan posted:

Yeah something I ordered through the mail service 3 weeks ago still hasn't shown up. Thanks for reminding me. I need to check up on that.

Same, but mine came missing half the drugs.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Also I was on hold for about 45 minutes (DC VA) so make sure you have some free time.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Woofer posted:

They said mine was sent out and should be delivered by the end of the day today. We値l see.

I just kissed my DD214...

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Ah, the land of the Trading Post. I've spent way too much time in that place.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Old Boot posted:

I don't think she'll be vying for VP. I don't get the sense she will be, anyway.

If Dems somehow take back the senate she'd make a much better Senate Majority leader. Probably not as likely now, but IDK, it's possible I'm spending way too much time on SA/Twitter listening to all the incensed yelling to get a sense of perspective on where the usual base and undecideds happen to be right now.

Yeah as someone said, Twitter/SA/etc aren't real life. It's grating seeing people loudly scream they won't vote if their candidate isn't the nominee...but based on the primaries thus far, that's not happening. Who loving knows what the landscape looks like in a month let alone nine months from now.

I don't think Biden or Bernie or any other Dem is a lock against Trump, but I don't think he's guaranteed second term that Bernie or Busters make him out to be because Sanders isn't getting the nomination.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think her skills and talents would place her best as a cabinet secretary.

Yeah as much as I'd love to see her as VP, she'd be far more effective as majority leader or Treasury Secretary.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/apblake/status/1240259349047631874?s=20

Buzz is a national treasure.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Hey when some of you take a break fawning over Liz as your new VP girlboss or whatever, please look at what party would be appointing her replacement.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Hey when some of you take a break fawning over Liz as your new VP girlboss or whatever, please look at what party would be appointing her replacement.

Hey when you take a break from being absolutely tiresome please let us know.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Multiple people before today have brought that up as a knock against Biden choosing her as VP or for a cabinet post.

It would also only be temp replacement, special election would follow shortly after (if that's the case).

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1240304128888385541

Bernie is out? Not sure this is verified info

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1240305802252111873?s=20

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
^^ e;fb

reading comprehension is hard, I know, but

Handsome Ralph posted:

Multiple people before today have brought that up as a knock against Biden choosing her as VP or for a cabinet post.

It would also only be temp replacement, special election would follow shortly after (if that's the case).

also, the gimmick is tiresome and dipping a toe in the misogyny trench is borderline exhausting.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

new VP girlboss or whatever,

Whatever indeed. Take your own advice.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1240306655012757504

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I would be able to swallow Biden as the candidate with Stacey Abrams as VP. Either she gets to spend four years storming around the country shining lights on our dog poo poo voter suppression efforts or the Boomer Doomer does it's magic and we get a CHUD-brain-blasting double whammy in the big chair.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

screenshot because its already deleted

this is the face of a boomer bloomberg reporter spreading lies lmao

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
What is the survival rate for old people who can get the best medical care in the country. If Trump, Biden, or Sanders caught it, what would be their chances?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

SimonCat posted:

What is the survival rate for old people who can get the best medical care in the country. If Trump, Biden, or Sanders caught it, what would be their chances?

With some of the experimental therapeutic interventions, chances aren't terrible. They'd probably be first on 'promising trials' if they wanted to go that route, but mostly docs are just repurposing other meds to try and halt lung damage.

Without therapeutic intervention, they're on the same '8% chance of being the one to get glassed' as any other old person. Sanders moreso on account of his heart condition. Trump for-- whatever he's probably got.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 18, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Old Boot posted:

With some of the experimental therapeutic interventions, chances aren't terrible. They'd probably be first on 'promising trials' if they wanted to go that route, but mostly docs are just repurposing other meds to try and halt lung damage.

Without therapeutic intervention, they're as hosed as anyone else.

How strong are thoughts and prayers in combating COVID? I heard it痴 very effective and I support republicans giving it a shot.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

PookBear posted:

screenshot because its already deleted

this is the face of a boomer bloomberg reporter spreading lies lmao

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Woofer posted:

How strong are thoughts and prayers in combating COVID? I heard it痴 very effective and I support republicans giving it a shot.

I'd say it's roughly the efficacy that a Republican deserves.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Woofer posted:

They said mine was sent out and should be delivered by the end of the day today. We’ll see.

In other news, I’m sure this is going to be so unexpected by this forum:

Some poor bastard who's still in posted:

Medics come by once a day, take their temperatures, and move on. Until Tuesday, they weren’t even allowed to leave their room at Fort Bliss — not to exercise or even just enjoy a gulp of fresh El Paso air after the crucible of Afghanistan. They get two meals a day, two bottles of water, one bathroom between them and no further information about what they’re supposed to do during their 14-day stay in quarantine. 

Could be worse. If Walter Reed was still open, they might have been sent there.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Lol Trump just defended Tom Cotton and his conspiracy theories during his press conference

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

El Cuco rear end looking mother fucker.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
drat we getting stimmy checks!!! Free money yall

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

drat we getting stimmy checks!!! Free money yall
Remember. It's not welfare if you're white.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

I would be able to swallow Biden as the candidate with Stacey Abrams as VP. Either she gets to spend four years storming around the country shining lights on our dog poo poo voter suppression efforts or the Boomer Doomer does it's magic and we get a CHUD-brain-blasting double whammy in the big chair.

This is what I want, and I voted Warren.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
The stimulus package will be coupons only good at Trump Brand properties.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Remember. It's not welfare if you're white.

[90s comedian in front of a brick wall] White people salvage good like this; black people loot goods like this

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Welp, i'm on self-quarantine for 2 weeks. Doc said he wanted to test me but based on my age and mild symptoms I wasn't a high enough priority given their limited availability.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Big 3 shut down all US production indefinitely

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2020/03/18/ford-gm-fca-plant-closures-coronavirus/2865289001/

:rip:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Welp, i'm on self-quarantine for 2 weeks. Doc said he wanted to test me but based on my age and mild symptoms I wasn't a high enough priority given their limited availability.

:hf:

I haven't even bothered with the doctor yet. Same boat, no way they're going to test me at this point and it would be wasting resources if they did. Luckily I'll be on WFH shortly.

brains
May 12, 2004

Woofer posted:

deploying through CRC at bliss was easily one of the most clusterfuck situations i ever experienced in the army. no other pre/post-deployment even comes close. god help the individual augmentees going through there for their first deployment who don't know any better. none of the "cadre" there knew anything, were at all helpful, and each one acted like they had never experienced a soldier going somewhere else other than Afghanistan or Kuwait, despite the constant stream of people before and after me with different assignments.

they are complete dipshits, top to bottom, so no, this doesn't surprise me whatsoever.

Old Boot posted:

as much as i'd liked to have seen warren as POTUS, if the dems manage to flip the senate, she will be very effective there. her defining feature is progressive economic policy; she's right where she needs to be.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

brains posted:

deploying through CRC at bliss was easily one of the most clusterfuck situations i ever experienced in the army. no other pre/post-deployment even comes close. god help the individual augmentees going through there for their first deployment who don't know any better. none of the "cadre" there knew anything, were at all helpful, and each one acted like they had never experienced a soldier going somewhere else other than Afghanistan or Kuwait, despite the constant stream of people before and after me with different assignments.

they are complete dipshits, top to bottom, so no, this doesn't surprise me whatsoever.

I mobilized/demobilized through there in 2014-2015, how anything actually got done there. :patriot:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1240312163195125765?s=20

theyre absolutely going to run to the left on Biden and slaughter him

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1240312163195125765?s=20

theyre absolutely going to run to the left on Biden and slaughter him

No he's not :rolleyes:

This also only applies to FHA backed mortgages.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

It's still a lot more than I see any non-bernie Dem leader offering. The Booker bill looks good but I don't see pelosi, Schumer or Biden standing behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

So it turns out that the Earth is cool with people staying inside :yayclod:

e: for real zoom in that pic of the clean Venice canal full of little fishes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cosodelirante/status/1239203236927680512

dubzee fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 18, 2020