Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Hulk Krogan posted:

So if you have two saved load-outs that use the same specialization but run different guns, do the loadouts remember which weapon damage perks you picked for each and change them when you switch? Or do you have to run to the BoO to respect those points every time you switch?

it only saves the specialization, not the points yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
What specialization do y'all suggest for a primarily solo player against black tusk? The new robo doggo variants are a pain in the rear end and my flamethrower does gently caress all to them :(

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I can't clear the blockade on the campus because the game spawns a dude inside a portable trailer every time. :psyboom:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

What specialization do y'all suggest for a primarily solo player against black tusk? The new robo doggo variants are a pain in the rear end and my flamethrower does gently caress all to them :(
Technician has EMP grenades and +damage against robots & skill proxies. the grenades are good against the dogs

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Sipher posted:

I've been running LMGs from 1-40. Switched to that rifle crit build posted earlier (and holy gently caress, don't have the mask and only a medium rolled m1a) did 40% more damage than anybody else. Of course, Bullet King dropped.

I know gently caress-all about how this game works, and how quickly Massive reacts to overpowered things, but all my other game playing experience has led me to believe that build is going to get nerfed into the ground, because it's fun a heck and makes me feel like a super-hero. Instead of dreading that inevitable day though, I'm going to suck every bit of fun I can out of it and use it to farm as much gear for alternate builds as I can as quickly as I can.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
in division 2 they keep trying to correct an op mechanic while making it accidentally stronger several times in a row so I wouldn't worry. We actually suspect rifles are not excessively strong, it's just that the hit registration issues are severely reducing damage on full auto weapons at the moment.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"But doctor, I am the police"

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

cerebral posted:

I know gently caress-all about how this game works, and how quickly Massive reacts to overpowered things, but all my other game playing experience has led me to believe that build is going to get nerfed into the ground, because it's fun a heck and makes me feel like a super-hero. Instead of dreading that inevitable day though, I'm going to suck every bit of fun I can out of it and use it to farm as much gear for alternate builds as I can as quickly as I can.

I rolled that build today, missing both the mask and the gloves. Oh and only with a m44. And I was loving murdering poo poo. Then I got the named m1a from an event cache and hoooooly gently caress. It’s a bad mission if I don’t clear 1 billion damage. With my old build I thought I was a pimp if I hit 400 million.

It also loving trivializes CPs under level 4. Just grab a piece of cover and murder the map.

Edit: on challenging.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

cerebral posted:

I had this exact question a few days ago, and I'm not entirely sure if my answer is correct, but some missions award specialization points, projects will award specialization points, and some bounties will award specialization points (I think maybe only clan bounties, not sure). That was one of the reasons that I ended up matchmaking random bounties, I had exhausted all the missions that gave specialization points, and getting one per level and a few a day from the daily project seemed like it was going to take forever. I just started joining people's bounties, and I started getting specialization points from some of them, and I ended up gaining them way faster than I expected.

5 each for the weekly invaded missions
3 for weekly (daily?) Normal Bounties
5 for weekly (daily?) Challenging Bounties
3 for levelling up your SHD level

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Snuffman posted:

5 each for the weekly invaded missions
3 for weekly (daily?) Normal Bounties
5 for weekly (daily?) Challenging Bounties
3 for levelling up your SHD level

It's only 1 for a SHD level now but yeah you also get spec points for daily bounties.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

It's only 1 for a SHD level now but yeah you also get spec points for daily bounties.

That changed. I got 3 per level today.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

That changed. I got 3 per level today.

Well that's good. I only had to level up a bit of Firewall when NY came out but that wasn't great.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

cerebral posted:

At the very least they'll nerf the classic M1A hard to punish us for actually making the game bearable on Heroic. Even more than the damage you can dish out with it, I just love the sound the classic M1A makes. It just has a powerful sound to go with it.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Eh, M1 is great but it's semi-auto and the DPS takes a huge hit compared to some other weapons. I wouldn't worry about a nerf, but then again game devs.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shoren posted:

At the very least they'll nerf the classic M1A hard to punish us for actually making the game bearable on Heroic. Even more than the damage you can dish out with it, I just love the sound the classic M1A makes. It just has a powerful sound to go with it.

You shoot someone with the M1A, they stay shot.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Roman posted:

Technician has EMP grenades and +damage against robots & skill proxies. the grenades are good against the dogs

Survivalist grenades are superb against crowds and the crossbow ruins wardogs, so that's also a good choice

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Well that's good. I only had to level up a bit of Firewall when NY came out but that wasn't great.

Yeah, just to confirm, the 1 SHD per level was apparently a bug.

Its 3 per SHD level.

1 per level sucked for finishing off Firecrest in NYC.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Glad to see the M1A finally getting the credit it deserves

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
What talent should I go with on the M1A with the crit build? Boomerang?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Lucky.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
If you're really good with your aim (i.e. you're on PC) then pick Boomerang because that will maximize your damage. Otherwise get the Baker's Dozen named variant (Lucky Shot) and spam away.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Even on PC lucky shot let’s me just be an idiot and spam it at crowds. Basically turns it into a semi auto LMG if that makes sense.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

What skills/spec do you guys run with that all red build?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Personally, revive hive and repair drone.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I’ve been running hive and pulse with the m1a. Lucky shot let’s you just be an idiot spamming shots at pulsed enemies you can’t actually see. Wall in the way? Who cares. Eventually there isn’t and you murder them.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Hulk Krogan posted:

If you're going for heroic or legendary try the cone pulse that cc's enemies

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

Currently using Decoy to give them something to shoot at while I fart DPS at them, and healing chem to keep myself alive

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

repair drone and revive hive.

Thinking about swapping drone out for heal jizz gun.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yo wtf when did NPC's start saying your username, they managed to pronounce mine so naturally too.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

timg plz

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ijyt posted:

Yo wtf when did NPC's start saying your username, they managed to pronounce mine so naturally too.

What? Where can I see (hear) this?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Snuffman posted:

What? Where can I see (hear) this?

It happened with one of the guards while leaving the white house to the East.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They gotta nerf NPC shotguns, or buff player shotguns.

They loving suck to get shot with, but seem to do next to nothing on challenge and up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m 0/2 on Rogue Agent fights. The 2nd one came right after a lvl 4 control point capture and I got immediately wrecked by grenades then everyone in the CP ran around and no one tried to revive me :rip:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They loving suck to get shot with, but seem to do next to nothing on challenge and up.

The AI kit in general needs some adjustment. Especially the cleaner heavies, god drat their flamethrower has triple the range mine ever did :argh:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I would love to be able to one shot armor with my shotguns in the same way the AI does it to me.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

I would love to be able to one shot armor with my shotguns in the same way the AI does it to me.

The 1M+ damage pump shotties are OK for this. Not great, but OK. They make decent "get the gently caress away from me NOW" weapons as a secondary, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

The 1M+ damage pump shotties are OK for this. Not great, but OK. They make decent "get the gently caress away from me NOW" weapons as a secondary, at least.

This. They're actually really good if you pick up any incendiary or shock ammo you see with them. You can whip them out and incapacitate anything that gets too close and 30 rounds is a lot in a pump shotgun.