Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

1. this is technically the most expensive dlc ever
2. if my switch isnt my kawaii (cute) and chibi (small) turquoise lite ill be flipping me lid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

https://twitter.com/ACNewHorizonsEN/status/1240451361160003585?s=20

I need this rug so bad.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Just pre-ordered on Best Buy. Anyone know how long it takes to get a download code? :ohdear:

NVM just got it :neckbeard: So excited to be preloading it

Edit: oh wat this was for a nintendo online trial :negative:

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 19, 2020

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Casu Marzu posted:

Just pre-ordered on Best Buy. Anyone know how long it takes to get a download code? :ohdear:

you should get it sometime on the 20th

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't suppose anyone here has an early copy and is able to tell me if the Switch is just aesthetic only?

Welcome Amiibo update for New Leaf bought 3DS and Wii U into those games, and those had little mini games of their own if you interacted with them. Going to assume that at this stage they are aesthetic only.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Are "Jewels" and "Levi" people in this thread? I got friend requests from them but don't see those names on the spreadsheet. Alternately is there a way to see the FC of a person who sent you a request on your Switch?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Casu Marzu posted:

You should get it at any time between now and the 20th. I got mine shortly after eShop preloads went live.

If you don't have an email for it by tomorrow, be sure to check your Best Buy order on the website to see if it's displayed there (also your spam folder!)

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Casu Marzu posted:

I pre-ordered via best buy last week and got the email with the redemption code within the hour.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Squats posted:

Are "Jewels" and "Levi" people in this thread? I got friend requests from them but don't see those names on the spreadsheet. Alternately is there a way to see the FC of a person who sent you a request on your Switch?

Yeah. I added everyone on the spreadsheet but I didn't add myself to it yet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Appreciate the adds, just trying to get up the energy to type in everyone else's friendcodes here.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Yeah this is why I'm not worried about things missing from the game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1240448815569817606

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Dumb question: I have some co workers I’ve talked into playing this with me. Do they need to start their own islands and travel to mine for multiplayer, or can they actually start their character on mine and have a house on mine despite being remote from my Switch?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

One more sleep for me until it's party island time! Looking forward to visiting you all soon enough. :)

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Squats posted:

Yes I'm one of them

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Shneak posted:

Yeah this is why I'm not worried about things missing from the game.

Yeah, the patch has been datamined and things that reviews mentioned as missing are in the code.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is it worth it to drop $225 on 192 AC cards with no duplicates? I've become invested somehow.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LostRook posted:

Yeah, the patch has been datamined and things that reviews mentioned as missing are in the code.

like what?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is it worth it to drop $225 on 192 AC cards with no duplicates? I've become invested somehow.

Well do you know what cards? Or do you just want to have a ton of friends on hand?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Haniwa aka gyroids and museum cafe.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Honestly right now? No. Of all the things I'd spend money on, specific villagers aren't one of them.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

LODGE NORTH posted:

I mean, that's not a terrible price if you have to have the official cards (and you're sure there are some villagers you want in that selection).

Making your own stickers is still cheaper though, even if you have to buy a used phone to do it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So even with the update you can't time travel to Bunny Day, it won't actually unlock until the Easter period in April and you need to be connected to the internet to do so.

The wording isn't clear if this something you need to do every year or just a one time thing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LostRook posted:

gently caress yeah

game saved

why halo thar
Jan 21, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

Ordered today and got the code within the hour.

Thanks again Infinitum for this rad tag!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LostRook posted:

Can I get a link?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LostRook posted:

:woop::toot::patriot:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can I get a link?

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/

There's apparently also anti-cheat/mod detection mentioned.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Well do you know what cards? Or do you just want to have a ton of friends on hand?

Yeah, it's all the green ones here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wPYE5ONrGeG_BSmwo4PxpjDpsGEDe5KcwrOgI0M9TbU/edit?usp=sharing

At $225/198, I'd be paying about $1.14 per card - shipping's included too. I'm not super well versed on *every* villagers, but out of the ones I love, I only see Erik and some NPCs missing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LostRook posted:

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/

There's apparently also anti-cheat/mod detection mentioned.

Thank you

Brewster eventually going into the museum again is nice, also assuming The Roost is going upstairs instead downstairs making it an actual roost.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LostRook posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw hell yea

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

is there more confirmation from that datamine or are we just going off of like one line of code?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
had pre-ordered this a couple days ago but was just informed it'd get here in april! I've cancelled it and am thinking to go digital even thou my internet might take a while to d/l it. but I got nothing to do tomorrow so why the hell not.

oh yea and thank you for the tag!!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah I thought things being added in patches was likely but this is good news.

Now if only they could hit the button early...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey one quick question that I'm sure has been answered, do rocks and trees respawn or can you gently caress your island right up by getting too buck wild on fruit?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

is there more confirmation from that datamine or are we just going off of like one line of code?

Lines of code, but from what I can tell it was added in 1.1 so it's a matter of when now instead if.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Hi there! Going to try this online friend business with New Horizons, so I added my info to the sheet and will start adding FRIENDS. Almost one more day to go now!

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

sexpig by night posted:

hey one quick question that I'm sure has been answered, do rocks and trees respawn or can you gently caress your island right up by getting too buck wild on fruit?

How hard are you shaking your trees?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm going for peaches, and setting up in a spot that overlooks the beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Silver Snail posted:

How hard are you shaking your trees?

if I get all hopped up on orange juice I can rip a drat tree out the ground!