Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tsietisin posted:

I'm gonna end up buying SOTN for the third time aren't I?

There is no shame here, only happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Cithen posted:

My rank is not high enough to join :(

Ah that might be my fault, I thought Rank Limit was the upper limit, but might mean lower bound. I've updated it now, so try again.

Made it to Rank 7 now and slowly progressing, mostly using Vraska to sleaze guardians using Vengevine and Gerelf's Messenger. Need to save up some coins as most of my cards are still rank 3 or 4 and that might get me a little edge.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There is no shame here, only happiness.

And at £3 it's at a perfect price for an impulse purchase.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tsietisin posted:

And at £3 it's at a perfect price for an impulse purchase.

And here I was saving up survey bucks for Slay the Spire.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

When I keep seeing SNES and PS1 games going on the store from anywhere between £10-£20, I'll pass on by.

If more things came out at this price point, I'd fill my phone with them.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Tsietisin posted:

I'm gonna end up buying SOTN for the third time aren't I?

I have it on psx, 360, vita and PS4 and I keep talking myself out of buying this version

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

But it's only three pouuunnndssss....

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I have it on psx, 360, vita and PS4 and I keep talking myself out of buying this version

Dehumanize yourself and face to miserable pile of secrets!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

After playing the randomizer a bunch I don't think I'd get much out of sotn on a phone, myself

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Is there a goon presence in Dungeon Crusher? Seems like a pretty deep semi-idle game, it's been banging around on Kongregate for years before the mobile version was released. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, and I see a bunch of guilds with Goon in the name but no indications that any of them are us.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Is there a thread for Teppen? I've been enjoying it.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I think Teppen is pretty much dead as far as community goes. It's backed by big companies, so the servers might not go down for a while, but it's not a big money maker.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Is there a thread for Teppen? I've been enjoying it.

I was liking Teppen a lot but then it wiped all my progress and lost all my cards with no way to recover. So pretty much killed it for me.

ManaStrike for my real time card battling now.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Vulpes posted:

Is there a goon presence in Dungeon Crusher? Seems like a pretty deep semi-idle game, it's been banging around on Kongregate for years before the mobile version was released. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, and I see a bunch of guilds with Goon in the name but no indications that any of them are us.

I am playing but i'm not in a guild. I will join one if there is a goon guild.

Why don't I get any of the items for upgrading the guys? I get all kinds of items but none of the ones you need to upgrade (helmet and stuff). I am over level 60 and I have even prestiged once already.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For those of you playing Dragon Quest Of The Stars, someone made a thread for it. Come join the other 3 of us!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Trastion posted:

I am playing but i'm not in a guild. I will join one if there is a goon guild.

Why don't I get any of the items for upgrading the guys? I get all kinds of items but none of the ones you need to upgrade (helmet and stuff). I am over level 60 and I have even prestiged once already.

The item description shows you what levels it can drop from. I think the first tier of ready-made gear is 400/600. The items to craft it yourself can drop earlier (recipes are on the wiki), but it's not really worth bothering with. Within a week or so of starting you'll have more of it than you can shake a stick at.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Vulpes posted:

The item description shows you what levels it can drop from. I think the first tier of ready-made gear is 400/600. The items to craft it yourself can drop earlier (recipes are on the wiki), but it's not really worth bothering with. Within a week or so of starting you'll have more of it than you can shake a stick at.

This is what I am talking about. They all say starting at level 60.

https://imgur.com/a/aROy8Ym

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
There was talk in Retro Bowl of the computer becoming an interception machine after winning the bug game but fucks sake. Gonna play out the season, change teams, and see if it continues

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 13, 2020

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Tiny Chalupa posted:

There was talk in Retro Bowl of the computer becoming an interception machine after winning the bug game but fucks sake. Gonna play out the season, change teams, and see if it continues

No more than usual it seemed to me.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Max 'catching' catcher guy (I can't remember the position I'm not a football guy) seemed to never get intercepted even passing into a scrum of like 5 enemies with him on the periphery.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

VelociBacon posted:

Max 'catching' catcher guy (I can't remember the position I'm not a football guy) seemed to never get intercepted even passing into a scrum of like 5 enemies with him on the periphery.

This is the most British description of football conceivable in the English language

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

This is the most British description of football conceivable in the English language

Fuckin dying at how accurate this is, but I totally understood what that were saying. High speed, catch, and stamina are the three killer stats for Wide Receivers.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
CPU defense gets a little better so you can't just have a speed WR break the game after your first Retro Bowl, so you have to learn how to read the defense a little better (are they playing zone or man-on-man?) and learn what routes break those defenses. Mostly you have to switch to shorter passes than you may be used to. There are also a few formations where you can fire off pass right when you snap the ball and pick up 5-10 yards if the defender is playing off the line at the snap. Lastly, if you have a go-route and the defender is leading your WR by quite a bit, just throw behind your guy and the receiver will come back to the ball with the defender having no chance at it. That works for quite a bit of routes, you can throw to somewhere that isn't exactly on the route but your guy will try for it anyway, so you can start putting the ball in places the defender won't get to it.

The difficulty curve is a bit of a cliff but once you get used to it and when you can accurately put the ball where you want it's not bad.

Also, if you time it right you can juke someone coming up behind you to tackle you.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Our government is basically forcing us to stay indoors for the next two weeks, so I'm looking for some recommendations. I've recently played and enjoyed Aka to Blue, Bullet Hell Monday and the Symphony of the Night port. No gachas, please.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Spermando posted:

Our government is basically forcing us to stay indoors for the next two weeks, so I'm looking for some recommendations. I've recently played and enjoyed Aka to Blue, Bullet Hell Monday and the Symphony of the Night port. No gachas, please.

Dungeon maker is on sale

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Bad North is on sale on mobile. Like $3 for one of the, if not the, best pure RTS I've played.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

ShootaBoy posted:

Bad North is on sale on mobile. Like $3 for one of the, if not the, best pure RTS I've played.
Seconding Bad North. It's really good

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's not an action game, but I'll always recommend King of Dragon Pass to anyone looking for an Android game.

Edit, do you have a controller or did you play symphony of the night with touch controls? If the later, how was it, I always question playing action games with touch controls.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 16, 2020

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I feel like being the only person on this planet who can't get into KotDP. Not entirely sure why as I usually like these sort of games. Somehow my decisions feel like having little impact on the game.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Skwirl posted:

It's not an action game, but I'll always recommend King of Dragon Pass to anyone looking for an Android game.

Edit, do you have a controller or did you play symphony of the night with touch controls? If the later, how was it, I always question playing action games with touch controls.

Touch and I don't mind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spermando posted:

Touch and I don't mind.

Thank you, it's cheap and I have some survey bucks and I think it might be the first Castlevania that falls under the Metroidvania category, and I like the genre.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Thank you, it's cheap and I have some survey bucks and I think it might be the first Castlevania that falls under the Metroidvania category, and I like the genre.

SOTN and Super Metroid are literally the two games that helped coin that phrase. It is the grandfather of the genre, which I guess makes SM the grandmother? :chanpop:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Knightmare posted:

The difficulty curve is a bit of a cliff but once you get used to it and when you can accurately put the ball where you want it's not bad.

Also, if you time it right you can juke someone coming up behind you to tackle you.

I got sucked into this today, but I can't 100% figure out throwing. Idk if it's my QB but I feel like 50% of the time the ball either gets wildly overthrown or underthrown in relation to what's being represented on the screen about how far I'm dragging my finger :shrug:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

SOTN and Super Metroid are literally the two games that helped coin that phrase. It is the grandfather of the genre, which I guess makes SM the grandmother? :chanpop:

I know that, but I've played the orginal NES Castlevania games and they aren't really what I'd call Metroidvanias, so I was saying it'd be nice to try the og.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

T-Square posted:

I got sucked into this today, but I can't 100% figure out throwing. Idk if it's my QB but I feel like 50% of the time the ball either gets wildly overthrown or underthrown in relation to what's being represented on the screen about how far I'm dragging my finger :shrug:

Some of it is getting used to it and some of it is your actual QB on your roster. I found I never needed an all-star QB but having some sort of QB with accuracy/power was nice to have, and occasionally when he'd get hurt it was always a transition getting used to a no-name QB for a bit.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I know that, but I've played the orginal NES Castlevania games and they aren't really what I'd call Metroidvanias, so I was saying it'd be nice to try the og.

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest on the NES is clearly a metroidvania. It just sucks rear end.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Veib posted:

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest on the NES is clearly a metroidvania. It just sucks rear end.

Yeah the genre starts with that and og metroid. It just didn’t get good until super Metroid and SOTN.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Knightmare posted:

Some of it is getting used to it and some of it is your actual QB on your roster. I found I never needed an all-star QB but having some sort of QB with accuracy/power was nice to have, and occasionally when he'd get hurt it was always a transition getting used to a no-name QB for a bit.

Yeah, I just realized this today when throwing was even more inaccurate for a few games and I thought I was just going insane. Then I advanced to the next with and got a "First Name Last Name QB's injury has healed and is able to play again." and remembered that my QB was hurt.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

One Piece match 3: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bandainamcoent.oprvww&hl=en_CA

No idea if it's new? There's a launch event in-game but the reviews sure are older so beats me. I could use a dumb time waster while we're all quarantined I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Retro Bowl updated with audibles and timeouts. Audibles let you reroll the play call if you don't like what you got, limited uses per game determined by your QB level. Timeouts let you stop the clock after a play instead of helplessly watching time expire. Really nice additions.