Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

learnincurve posted:

Ok listen up, *pulls up chair and sits in it backwards*

The French test is to take a deep breath and hold it in for 10 seconds, if you cannot do this without coughing then you definitely have the rona.

If you think you have the rona but can pass the test then you have no need to worry.

whoa whoa slow down egghead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Josef bugman posted:

poo poo, am I going to have to learn how to farm in order to just do what my ancestors did all over again. Gosh darn it.

Anyone got any good advice on how to be a landless peasant?

Read a Wikipedia article on crop rotation and you're blasting through like 5500 years of substandard agriculture.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Josef bugman posted:

poo poo, am I going to have to learn how to farm in order to just do what my ancestors did all over again. Gosh darn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzzjI-k538g&t=110s

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
How do you do at billiards vs tennis? Help you figure out if you're better off with a torch or a pitchfork.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Aramoro posted:

And fuel oil deliveries please. We've just put in and order some hopefully supplies hold up fine.

Supply isn't the problem, it's delivery. So long as you order well in advance you'll be fine, though.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Josef bugman posted:

Always lip off to your feudal lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2c-X8HiBng

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Josef bugman posted:

Step 1: Reclaim the commons.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

only 30 minutes until comrade nook makes things all better ladies, gents and everyone else

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've never actually played animal crossing, don't know if it'd be my cup of tea. Doom eternal is interesting because I really liked doom 2016 but I didn't buy it until it was well on discount cos I don't have the budget for games like that at full price alas.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I thought it unlocked at 11 for some reason.

I'm going to loving bed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/prospect_clark/status/1240774932952428544?s=21

Well then.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Tories, up to their old tricks of making a big fuss then doing absolutely gently caress-all. Astounding, incredible.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I've never actually played animal crossing, don't know if it'd be my cup of tea. Doom eternal is interesting because I really liked doom 2016 but I didn't buy it until it was well on discount cos I don't have the budget for games like that at full price alas.

check cdkeys or similar, i got £15 off AC if thats a good enough discount

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Now there's an Internet shortage, can I panic buy Internet?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51968302

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just logged into my work email to see if my company had done anything useful yet and today management have suggested in the face of school closures that people organise amongst themselves a rota to take turns looking after the office's collective children in groups at home

lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
at what point does the pandemic become bad enough that we have to burn down London to end it

because I'm down whenever

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

at what point does the pandemic become bad enough that we have to burn down London to end it

Burn down the Home Counties instead

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Disturbing how many out there seem to think Johnson is doing a good job.
No wonder the country is going to pooh.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CGI Stardust posted:

Tories, up to their old tricks of making a big fuss then doing absolutely gently caress-all. Astounding, incredible.

Same with the 25,000 tests a day and antibody test stuff, it's just spin for the court stenographers

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Josef bugman posted:

Shame on the UKMT for forgetting a one-time thread hero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adcNphsrmog

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

It's cool that you all wish destruction on one of the most consistently left voting places in the country.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Friend who is a train guard who works on trains in and out of one of the London main stations has said that apparently they might be temporarily nationalized next week! Also services being drastically cut by his TOC.

Almost forgot. :ntlised:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Spring Equinox tonight (0349am UK time). Have a jolly folk tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC4K5yOA_wc

The days will be longer than the nights for the next 6 months. (Ed: originally typed 3 months duh)

And another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DHeKaDGnG4

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 20, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hopefully for another 3 months after that too unless there's something you know that we don't.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Hopefully for another 3 months after that too unless there's something you know that we don't.

Oh yeah sorry. I meant getting longer. I shall edit my error.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Psst thread, for a 2 pack of bog roll I’ll tell you how to get a home delivery slot.

Morrisons website, book a slot text view. The 21st day becomes available at midnight.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Next shortage is going to be pens, btw

https://www.reddit.com/r/Target/comments/fl9fp3/let_me_apologize_for_the_next_shortage/

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm high risk due to asthma and immunosuppressant drugs and have been self-isolating since Friday.

Need to have a blood test for said drugs to make sure they're not poisoning me. GP Surgery won't have me like they generally do because I'm high risk, so I have to go to the much safer Hospital With Active CV Cases. Don't have a mask either. Guess I'll wear a scarf?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The DPRK posted:

I'm high risk due to asthma and immunosuppressant drugs and have been self-isolating since Friday.

Need to have a blood test for said drugs to make sure they're not poisoning me. GP Surgery won't have me like they generally do because I'm high risk, so I have to go to the much safer Hospital With Active CV Cases. Don't have a mask either. Guess I'll wear a scarf?

Scarf won't do poo poo but create a nice warm wet breeding ground in front of your mount.

Vinyl gloves, douse yourself on every sanitiser you pass, don't touch your face, avoid proximity to others and hot wash (40+) everything when you get back.

Good luck.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Heads up for anyone who might need one (especially if the jobcentre will accept one):

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-those-affected-by-covid-19/support-for-those-affected-by-covid-19

quote:

From Friday 20 March onwards, those who have COVID-19 or are advised to self-isolate will be able to obtain an “isolation note” by visiting NHS 111 online and completing an online form, rather than visiting a doctor. For COVID-19 cases this replaces the usual need to provide a “fit note” after seven days of sickness absence. Isolation notes will also be accepted by Jobcentre Plus as evidence of your inability to attend.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Saw this comment elsewhere:

"It is surreal the number of adverts promoting things that we now cannot have or do.

Obviously slots were booked months ago, but it is weird seeing adverts for toilet paper, pasta, holidays and restaurant chains.

As for over fifties life cover..."

The DPRK posted:

Seems daft. Yes, wear a scarf.

I know somewhere I have a wrap around cotton cloth that I tie round my mouth when I'm doing bonfires at my mother's.
Wish I could find it as I'm about to get roped in to doing shopping for others.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Good blog article: It's Okay that you're not OKay.

terribleminds.com/ramble/2020/03/19/its-okay-that-youre-not-okay/

quote:

It’s Okay That You’re Not Okay
THE RAMBLE 28 comments

It’s Okay That You’re Not Okay
TERRIBLEMINDSMarch 19, 2020
These are extraordinary times. And I don’t say that as a compliment, necessarily — it is not said with Spielbergian awe, but rather, with a kind of bamfoozled dread. As if you came upon a strange hole in the ground full of old-timey baby-dolls. You know, the creepy, haunted ones? You’d say, “That’s extraordinary,” and you wouldn’t mean it in the good way.

You might also say, “That’s hosed up.”

What I’m trying to say is:

These are hosed up times.

poo poo’s hosed up. It just is. As I noted yesterday, it’s as if we’re witnessing the ghost of normalcy rather than normalcy itself — it died so fast, it hasn’t yet left this plane of existence, and so it lingers, refusing to be banished until an exorcism finally sends it packing. These are abnormal, bizarre, confounding, dipshitted, batshitted, extraordinarily hosed-up times.

You don’t have to be okay with that.

You probably shouldn’t be okay with that.

More to the point, you also don’t need to do it all. You don’t need to get it all done. You don’t need to clean your house from top to bottom. You don’t need to homeschool your kids into super-geniuses. You don’t need to write King loving Lear or discover a new scientific principle. You don’t need to be happy. We’re all in mourning from the death of normalcy. We’re all knocked off balance, like someone just kicked your bike as you were riding it. You ended up in the ditch. We’re all in the ditch with you. It’s okay to just sit here in the ditch for a while and say, “gently caress.” It’s okay to wait before you stretch, before you stand up with a groan and see what’s broken. It’s okay to sit on your couch and gorge on bad TV. It’s okay to read a lovely book. It’s okay to not finish the lovely book. It’s okay to let your kids be kids and just tell them they’re on spring break right now. You don’t need to be an A+ parent, and they don’t need to be A+ kids, and you don’t need to be an A+ spouse. Christ, you don’t even need to be an A+ human. Aim for B, maybe B-, C+, just hold it the gently caress together.

Forgive it in yourself and forgive it in those around you, too.

That’s not to say this is the time to let all the rope slip through your fingers. Your kids need food. You need food too, and water. Everybody needs things and this is a crisis — though a weird-feeling slo-mo crisis, as if we’re watching two whales collide underwater, with us between them — but you don’t need to be a hero. You don’t even need to be normal.

You just need to be you, and go with it.

You’re allowed to feel all of what you feel.

Hell, I don’t know what to feel. I keep thinking, YEAH OKAY I’VE BEEN PREPARING FOR THIS MY WHOLE LIFE, TIME TO WRITE A BOOK, A WHOLE BOOK, HERE WE GO, HERE WE loving GO, and then I just sit there and I’m like, hey that’s not happening yet? And I go to eat and it’s mostly just grazing. My kid’s like, “Can I play the Switch?” and I’m like, “Yeah, hell yeah, it’s Spring Break, go hog wild, dude.” I tell him to read a book after, and he does (Percy Jackson, the first book, if you must know), but I’m not running him through the wringer. No math flash cards or quizzes. Life is slower right now, and stranger, and I feel this mad pinball bounce of emotions: I go from panic to dread to a weird kind of giddy elation that has no comprehensible logic to it, and then I land on tired, and then I land on sad, and then I land on gratitude because if all else fails this has at least made me appreciate things more, and then I feel lovely for appreciating things more because this isn’t the time to appreciate anything, is it? Then I feel lovely for feeling lovely like, what is wrong with appreciation? What is wrong with finding joy? Guilt ensues. And a refutation of guilt. And a weird feeling of relief for the earth because I’ve seen photos of dolphins in Italy and I think back to the line I wrote in Wanderers (“Humankind was a disease. The earth was the body. Climate change was the fever. And in that fever, in that rising of global temperature, the earth was able to release new defenses.”) and then I just feel bad for writing that. AITA? Probably.

And so the drunken carousel of wildly-spinning emotions goes on, staffed by octopods, ridden by monkeys, narrated by a short-circuiting robot.

I’m not okay.

I’m not broken.

But I’m definitely, absolutely, unfuckwithably not okay.

And I’m going to let that be okay.

I hope you will, too.

These are weird days, friends. It’d be weird if you weren’t weird about that.

Carry on.

Here is a photo of a flower. Happy spring.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Food poisoning sucks real bad you guys I don’t recommend it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/bbcnewsnight/status/1240775072832512000?s=21

lol

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

TACD posted:

Food poisoning sucks real bad you guys I don’t recommend it

Truth I had it last year and it was way worse than I ever thought food poisoning could be

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lots of doom and gloom in here this morning and im just going to work like everything's perfectly normal

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Everywhere around me is picked clean aside from the really expensive stuff, even the corner shops.

On the upside petrol is a lot cheaper, not that there’s any point going anywhere.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Ms Adequate posted:

Truth I had it last year and it was way worse than I ever thought food poisoning could be

Agreed.

It is on my list of Things I Do Not Recommend:

Flu.
Food poisoning.
Norovirus.
Chest infections.
Sinus infections.

And I've got to be honest I'm not hearing great stuff about coronavirus either you guys.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

fridge corn posted:

Lots of doom and gloom in here this morning and im just going to work like everything's perfectly normal

Just lots of doom for me. Doom eternal. Game good, very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

WhatEvil posted:

Agreed.

It is on my list of Things I Do Not Recommend:

Flu.
Food poisoning.
Norovirus.
Chest infections.
Sinus infections.

And I've got to be honest I'm not hearing great stuff about coronavirus either you guys.

Migraines and cluster headaches are all-time nope, under no circumstances should anyone have either.

You should have DooM and/or Animal Crossing though, despite the state of the world it is a blessed day for the gamers.