Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Suntan Boy posted:

"Just make it happen, guys."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

A relative who was a pilot for American Airlines for decades retired a few years ago and took a lump sum rather than a pension, which in theory would be less but he didn’t trust them enough to be reliant on American Airlines management during retirement. This looks smarter each year.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SimonCat posted:

So, how many new births vs how many divorces will result from everyone staying at home for the next few months?

Gonna be a bunch of fetal alcohol syndrome babies in 2021.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Midjack posted:

Gonna be a bunch of fetal alcohol syndrome babies in 2021.

That's an ugly thought.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SimonCat posted:

That's an ugly thought.

You don't know how wrong I want to be about that. :(

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
dont worry theyll probably get $250 in tax credits per deceased family member

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/1241082107147030534

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Watching the Washington state governor speak. He said and I quote “people have asked me what the penalty is for being in a restaurant or in a social gathering, and the penalty is you might kill your grandparents.”

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bloops posted:

Watching the Washington state governor speak. He said and I quote “people have asked me what the penalty is for being in a restaurant or in a social gathering, and the penalty is you might kill your grandparents.”

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Bernie is hosting a virtual round table about the virus and its effects on the airlines, service industry and others.
This is good stuff, even if you aren't a Sanders fan, listening to the representatives from the flight attendants and service industry are worth listening to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBstcJ2GjGQ

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

bloops posted:

Ron Paul supporters get a subliminal flashback to 2008.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
An interesting idea for getting people paid in the airlines is giving the companies money with the stipulation that it has to be used to pay their employee's salaries, as opposed to any other purpose.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Or doing it with a sizable interest rate, as we did, discouraging it from being seen as free money. Of course, our government being the majority shareholder will help in that regard too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SimonCat posted:

You seriously believe that Klobochar and Buttigieg just happened to drop out and endorse Biden when they did was coincidence?

And Latino voters overwhelmingly voted for Sanders. Not sure why you're making some kinda weird racial ranking were black people's votes count more than Hispanics.

Btw did you see the Latino breakdown for florida? It was... interesting as hell

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Btw did you see the Latino breakdown for florida? It was... interesting as hell

I didn't look at it too closely, but I'm guessing that older Cubans didn't like Sanders due thinking he was too easy on Castro.

How did it break down? I do know that it's a mistake to look at Latinos as a block as the difference between country of origin is huge.

This Politico article confirms my suspicions.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/11/joe-biden-bernie-sanders-florida-arizona-primary-poll-124982

SimonCat fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 21, 2020

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It has a 52% share lol

Sounds like a shell game to me.

How do the the 3 shells work again?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Ceiling fan posted:

Sounds like a shell game to me.

How do the the 3 shells work again?

This reminds me, there's a free loot/shoot game called Vigor on xbone, and hidden in one of the barns, in an outhouse style shitter area, there are three shells on a shelf next to the shitter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fallom posted:

lmao a reporter just asked Pence the same question and got an actual answer

Pence is getting locked out of the paddock tonight

He'll be sleeping with the horses tonight

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SimonCat posted:

I didn't look at it too closely, but I'm guessing that older Cubans didn't like Sanders due thinking he was too easy on Castro.

How did it break down? I do know that it's a mistake to look at Latinos as a block as the difference between country of origin is huge.

This Politico article confirms my suspicions.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/11/joe-biden-bernie-sanders-florida-arizona-primary-poll-124982

Huh that's very strange. The numbers I saw were way different but I've been browsing so much I'll never be able to source them

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

He'll be sleeping with the horses tonight

You’re... doing a heckuva job, Mikey?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

A relative who was a pilot for American Airlines for decades retired a few years ago and took a lump sum rather than a pension, which in theory would be less but he didn’t trust them enough to be reliant on American Airlines management during retirement. This looks smarter each year.

Anyone who lived through or reads about the 80s and still believes in defined benefit plans is a fuckin chump

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

You’re... doing a heckuva job, Mikey?

Special advisor Kenneth Pinyan.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ok I'm really pissed at the coronavirus now because my dick dad finally died and I can't even high-five anyone

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

shame on an IGA posted:

Ok I'm really pissed at the coronavirus now because my dick dad finally died and I can't even high-five anyone

I’m sorry for your loss...?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

shame on an IGA posted:

:hfive: ?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

shame on an IGA posted:

congrats?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shame on an IGA posted:

High five his corpse.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I would like to express whatever sentiment is appropriate for a situation like that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

I would like to express whatever sentiment is appropriate for a situation like that.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

SimonCat posted:

An interesting idea for getting people paid in the airlines is giving the companies money with the stipulation that it has to be used to pay their employee's salaries, as opposed to any other purpose.

Instead of giving it directly to unemployed workers because .....

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

shame on an IGA posted:

:sugartits:
:krakentoot:
:toot:

I think?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:confuoot:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Godholio posted:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

When was the virus first mentioned in the CE threads? January for certain but maybe late december?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

shame on an IGA posted:

having frozen margaritas for you m8

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

When was the virus first mentioned in the CE threads? January for certain but maybe late december?

The Wuhan Lockdown was a real Thing and the NYT/WaPo were covering it on the front page throughout January and February.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm well aware but I think I remember hearing about it earlier

And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/weijia/status/1241028215147319297

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Question: do deployed sub crews know what the gently caress is going on at the moment?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Do those german big brothers participants claw their way back into the house.

Actually, that gives me an idea for a great reality tv show, wherein losing participants are expelled from the compound into the plaguelands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm well aware but I think I remember hearing about it earlier

And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/weijia/status/1241028215147319297

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1241100100149092354?s=20

Or

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1241046936435769344?s=19

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 21, 2020