Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

If anyone is wondering, moving in to a new flat is an extremely fun and stressless activity these days, I'm very glad that we're doing it right now and not, say, a month ago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

SavageGentleman posted:

Just had a look at the official info on who can get tested on Covid in Germany. Sounds like for now the testing range is rather limited, because you can only get tested if you show significant symptoms AND
a) have been in a 'risk region' during the last 14 days
or
b) have had contact with a confirmed (ie tested) Covid patient

I'm sure they also do additional tests for people arriving in hospitals with super duper strong symptoms and in very risky areas, but these official conditions sound very outdated compared to the real spread of the virus in communities: we no longer have a few individual hot spots (like it was around Karneval time) and the virus has spread uniformely over Germany as well as the rest of Europe - you no longer have to travel around to get Covid, you can just get it in your local supermarket etc. So I imagine there's a buttload of people who are showing weak to medium symptoms but who cannot get tested because they are not fulfilling the criteria.
So it looks like there is or is gonna be an increasing gap between official numbers and real number - at least until they can catch up with testing.

That's highly probable. Italy probably has a lot more than 40k infected, too. (And don't get me started on the Chinese numbers) The tests serve a purpose in our campaign against the virus and accurate statistics isn't very high on the list.

If your test comes up as negative nobody is any smarter for it as you could infect yourself a day later. If your test comes up as positive you (and probably your family) can be sent into quarantine - thereby slowing the infection rate - and are immune to it in the future, reducing the commplexit of the situation. That's why they aim at getting as many "confirmations" instead of trying to measure the Durchseuchung. AFAIK, they have/had some procedure where 1% of the tests are run on random people without any indication to get a feeling for the Durchseuchung.

Your physician can have you tested if it is "medizinisch indiziert" regardless of a) and b), but that ia obviously willkürlich. Or if you want to shell out ze money, you can have it done for ~150€. They can conduct 160.000 tests a week atm, so to have all of Germany tested at this rate would take 10 years. Iceland would be tested in less than three weeks at this rate.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 21, 2020

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been to the supermarket every day in the last week and it just seemed business as usual except for Nudeln and tomato sauce being less available lol. toilet paper seems to be back too. People are keeping more distance at the kassenband tho.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

I've been to the supermarket every day in the last week and it just seemed business as usual except for Nudeln and tomato sauce being less available lol. toilet paper seems to be back too. People are keeping more distance at the kassenband tho.

Thank you for your service.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

cebrail posted:

If anyone is wondering, moving in to a new flat is an extremely fun and stressless activity these days, I'm very glad that we're doing it right now and not, say, a month ago!

Do you at least have furniture and stuff ready? Because a friend of mine hasn't and is now moving and has no idea where to buy stuff when stuff selling places are closed and you are supposed not to eat outside thrice a day.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

7am supermarket experience today: place was quite a bit more crowded than usual, with a nearly-full parking lot a few minutes before they opened. Had the unique experience of seeing all of the boomers and elderlies clustered basically shoulder-to-shoulder next to the entrance, bitching about there not being any football and how all of this is overblown, while the under-40s had an entirely separate group about 20 meters away, each dligently maintaining a distance of 3-4 meters from the next, looking at the boomers and thinking "jesus christ the entire generation is really a deathcult isn't it"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Maybe we should just go give the boomers the death they want?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Goons Are Great posted:

Do you at least have furniture and stuff ready? Because a friend of mine hasn't and is now moving and has no idea where to buy stuff when stuff selling places are closed and you are supposed not to eat outside thrice a day.

guys

amazon IS STILL DELIVERING what is this I can't buy poo poo

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Goa Tse-tung posted:

guys

amazon IS STILL DELIVERING what is this I can't buy poo poo

They are? I've been waiting for my delivery for one and a half weeks now, and also buying a kitchen via Amazon seems like a brave idea. :colbert:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Drone posted:

7am supermarket experience today: place was quite a bit more crowded than usual, with a nearly-full parking lot a few minutes before they opened. Had the unique experience of seeing all of the boomers and elderlies clustered basically shoulder-to-shoulder next to the entrance, bitching about there not being any football and how all of this is overblown, while the under-40s had an entirely separate group about 20 meters away, each dligently maintaining a distance of 3-4 meters from the next, looking at the boomers and thinking "jesus christ the entire generation is really a deathcult isn't it"

We had a perfectly spaced line at the Rewe. Though according to the surveys it's mainly male millenials acting stupidly, not boomers.

https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Wie-sehr-bewegt-die-Corona-Krise-das-Land-article21658109.html
https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/coronavirus-laut-umfragen-schraenken-sich-junge-maenner-nicht-ein-16688084.html

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, food and drink delivery services like durst express and lieferando are working full steam (at least here in berlin)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
If over 50 percent have a positive opinion on Spahn's management then maybe Germany deserves getting decimated by the Chrestian Flu.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Goons Are Great posted:

They are? I've been waiting for my delivery for one and a half weeks now, and also buying a kitchen via Amazon seems like a brave idea. :colbert:

Ikea delivers, don't they?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Just had a Feuerwehr Lautsprecherwagen roll through my neighborhood, blasting the Ausgangssperre warning.

"Zuwiderhandlungen werden hart bestraft."

Bit surreal, to be quite honest.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/erik_fluegge/status/1241296578062811136?s=21

Klopapier, Wein, Sebamed-Duschgel und schwarze Oliven :hmmyes:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
in these trying times we should focus on what is good, and what is good is BYOB

my whole lifestyle revolves around my owning a bidet

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

KozmoNaut posted:

Ikea delivers, don't they?

They do?
Goddamn I should look over the Tellerrand sometimes. In that case this seems like a solution, although probably still stressful. Goonspeed to those who move these days.

lol the day she stops doing that will be the day the seven seals break.

edit:

oliwan posted:

in these trying times we should focus on what is good, and what is good is BYOB

my whole lifestyle revolves around my owning a bidet

Listen to the man!!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Goons Are Great posted:

well they are in Hamburg, goondolences on ur loss

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ikea delivers small things (including small furniture packages like nightstands) via DHL and large things via logistic partners like Rhenus, where you have to schedule a slot over the phone with them. The latter might be tricky depending on how much worse it gets before it gets better.

In normal times, you can game their system if you are too lazy to schlepp a bunch of small but heavy packages from the nearest DHL Packstation. Just order one of these fellows, so you have a light-weight but big package forcing them to use a Spediteur.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

https://imgur.com/a/FctJlIQ

/edit:
Yeah, I'm too dumb to embed imgur I guess

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 21, 2020

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/bzberlin/status/1240739110589026305?s=19

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Duzzy Funlop posted:

https://imgur.com/a/FctJlIQ

/edit:
Yeah, I'm too dumb to embed imgur I guess

Goddamn, where's that? All of Bavaria?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Goons Are Great posted:

Thankfully the flat comes with a kitchen and the fridge is scheduled to be delivered this afternoon. Delivery seems to work pretty well as of right now so your friend could just order everything from IKEA or wherever he wants to buy furniture from. The main uncertainty is the actual moving of our own furniture and boxes on monday because if there's an Ausgangssperre we might have to carry everything down four stories to the transporter and then into the new flat on our own.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
It looks like in Iran things are starting to stabilise a bit so maybe we can get there too. :unsmith:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Goons Are Great posted:

Düsseldorf doesn't have a full curfew yet - because Geisel might be even more useless than Reker - but Meerbusch just next to our Bonzenviertel has those announcements as well.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, nobody is touching the laktosebefreite Milch. poo poo can't be too bad yet

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Goons Are Great posted:

Yeah, this is Munich, specifically.

https://i.imgur.com/okXOecp.mp4

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Honj Steak posted:

Following the common rules really helps limit the chances of infection significantly

- Don’t touch your face
- spend the minimal amount of time in the supermarket (make a shopping list beforehand)
- Don’t handle cash, pay with card
- Stay 2m away from other people
- wash your hands thoroughly first thing every time you enter your home
- disinfect door handles, keys, wallet, and smartphone regularly
YES to that list.

ALSO, if you can, wear some kind of mask. You can't know if you're infected and wearing a mask reduces the spread you cause.

Hong Kong has been doing this anyways on account of it being a protest statement since last June, and with discipline they completely loving cratered the incidence of all infections diseases, including entirely cancelling the flu season. They have 7 million people, about half of netherlands, in a tight space, but only 10% of the COVID-19 infections.

Honj Steak posted:

If you want to be extra safe you can shower and change your clothes every time you enter the home, but I’m not sure how effective that actually is.
Not necessary. On account of the "skin" of the virus being fat, it can survive up to 3 days on hard surfaces, but stuff like cloth isn't a good environment for it.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Link: https://rp-online.de/panorama/coron...st_aid-49661391

Link, but with a dot behind the ".de": https://rp-online.de./panorama/coro...st_aid-49661391

Apparently that kills paywalls. Learn something new every day.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Randler posted:

Link, but with a dot behind the ".de"

Apparently that kills paywalls. Learn something new every day.

Cookies are tied to domains with EXTREMELY little lee-way due to encryption reasons. Adding the . allows most of the parsers to still work, but fucks up all the code that needs cookies.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
I can confirm that testing is poo poo here in Germany, at least in my city. A work colleague of mine got sick on Wednesday of the week before, got tested on last Friday, and only got results six days later. I got signalled as a risk person. As of today (Saturday), ten days after last contact with him, I haven't been contacted by the Gesundheitsamt yet. I guess they will call me after the weekend, by the end of my (obviously self-imposed) quarantine, that's very useful.

In the meantime at least one other colleague that belongs to the same social/work circles has started showing symptoms but the authorities refuse to test him because they weren't specified as direct contacts. Good luck in detecting a whole set of infections if you limit yourself to two stupid rules. Maybe it's a way to keep the numbers down :shrug:

Edit: fortunately everybody was anyway teleworking already starting from last week

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 21, 2020

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/hashcrap/status/1241116399789051904

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

our neighbour gave us potatos "straight from the farm" the other day.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

I can confirm that testing is poo poo here in Germany, at least in my city. A work colleague of mine got sick on Wednesday of the week before, got tested on last Friday, and only got results six days later. I got signalled as a risk person. As of today (Saturday), ten days after last contact with him, I haven't been contacted by the Gesundheitsamt yet. I guess they will call me after the weekend, by the end of my (obviously self-imposed) quarantine, that's very useful.

In the meantime at least one other colleague that belongs to the same social/work circles has started showing symptoms but the authorities refuse to test him because they weren't specified as direct contacts. Good luck in detecting a whole set of infections if you limit yourself to two stupid rules. Maybe it's a way to keep the numbers down :shrug:

Edit: fortunately everybody was anyway teleworking already starting from last week

There is simply a limited lab capacity and a massive backlog. They are now testing only high priority cases, I think. No idea how priorities work.

Edit: Also many other countries in Europe are likely testing even less.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

These Lautsprecherwagen are kurving around the Nachbarschaft roughly once per hour now, Jesus Christ

https://twitter.com/MAXVORSTADT23/status/1241313673655836675

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Duzzy Funlop posted:

These Lautsprecherwagen are kurving around the Nachbarschaft roughly once per hour now, Jesus Christ

I'm getting flashbacks to Half-Life 2 and City 17.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

elbkaida posted:

There is simply a limited lab capacity and a massive backlog. They are now testing only high priority cases, I think. No idea how priorities work.

Edit: Also many other countries in Europe are likely testing even less.

The point is, COVID-19 doesn't need a loving test to be diagnosable if any symptoms are present.

There's a 4 hour symptoms-based test battery (including lung CT with mobile units) that the chinese use in order to detect high probability infected even with very low symptoms.

The long and expensive virus growing test is only needed to have 100% certainty and to detect it in non-symptomatic people. To not immediately isolate and run the symptoms test on people with low symptoms is unconscionable and completely unrelated to the capacity of laboratories.

Not exactly the tanks i wanna see rolling down roads, but good enough.

mike12345 posted:

our neighbour gave us potatos "straight from the farm" the other day.
potato death cult

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Duzzy Funlop posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9SoqoOW6U

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
every day we become more grateful about not living in bavaria #blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

mike12345 posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to Half-Life 2 and City 17.

Dear Dr. Breen. Why has the Corona seen fit to suppress our production cycle? Sincerely, A Concerned Citizen.