Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m downloading this game now and I’m excited even though I’ve never played Animal Crossing before. 😊

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

The museum is so good. So good.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Badger of Basra posted:

So I definitely should just a stone axe to get wood and not an actual axe right? I assume if I chop down all my trees I’m screwed.

It's not really possible to be screwed in this game but yes, stone axe is for gathering resources, metal ax is for when you want to chop the tree down.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
there's honestly so much to do this time around that I'm considering just turning back the clock and not time traveling after all

probably should let my new villagers move in first before I do though I assume?

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Going to need to close my gates in 20 mins (11am pacific). Come get your turnips if you still need them!

GATES OPEN for 90 bell turnips! Dodo code: G58HH

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Argue posted:

Yeah, it's the latter. Seven other real life people are on the account, and I intend to eventually make seven extra accounts on my Switch for more houses to design.

Oh. I'd probably consider a family account for those 7 accounts and then maybe move yourself over to it since shuffling things around between characters like that is going to get old in a massive hurry.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Does anyone have Bamboo? I've been on 25 island expeditions and haven't found any :(

Willing to give some materials or oranges

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Protip posted:

Going to need to close my gates in 20 mins (11am pacific). Come get your turnips if you still need them!

Not sure if full or offline, but I'm trying, thanks either way!

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Liked this little touch in the museum.

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1241782462700597251?s=20

Also, loving Truffles walked into my while I was trying to iron out of a rock and ended up having to use up another ticket to get 30.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

C. E. Croix posted:

Liked this little touch in the museum.

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1241782462700597251?s=20

Also, loving Truffles walked into my while I was trying to iron out of a rock and ended up having to use up another ticket to get 30.

For what it's worth, I'm rolling in nook miles and I have like 20k right now with really nothing meaningful to spend them on at the moment. I know stuff to spend them on will unlock, but I'm just getting them so fast right now. Maybe that'll slow down when I complete a bunch of the challenges that don't reset (Catch 1 fish! Catch 20 fish! Catch 50 fish! Catch 200 fish! or whatever for each level)? Or do they eventually reset?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Protip posted:

There are so many people coming and going from your island I can barely move. Thanks for the turnips!

In short gently caress the incoming and outgoing cutscene

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

enojy posted:

Not sure if full or offline, but I'm trying, thanks either way!

Probably full... I have my switch off to the side and the chimes of people arriving are pretty constant. I'll try to leave things open a bit longer if I can.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think it's kind of dumb that the crafting station apparently doesn't link into your storage. I get that it wouldn't when I'm at Nook's or DIY-ing in the field but when I'm in my home it should just automatically detect that I have 200 of this wood type instead of making me go withdraw the amount I need of it from the invisible storage in the house I'm currently in.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Zore posted:

Does anyone have Bamboo? I've been on 25 island expeditions and haven't found any :(

Willing to give some materials or oranges

You mean the actual trees, bamboo sprouts, or bamboo mats? Anyway I have some of all 3 (though I think you’d have to register as a best friend to dig?), so you can come visit and take some.

Dodo code -nope! done-

I think someone else in the thread was looking for black-rimmed glasses? Mabel is selling circle ones in my plaza.

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 22, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey so did some experimenting with tools breaks.

Flimsy axes and shovels break at 40 uses and the upgraded forms at 100 uses.

From what I can tell an axes only break down if it hits a tree or rock, so hitting a building or furniture by accident won't do anything.

Shovels only break if it hits a rock or digs something up, so hitting buildings, trees, or just digging or filling up holes seem to be okay.

Still trying to find out the net and rod number, but it looks like it only breaks if you actually catch something so don't be afraid of whiffing.

The watering can is weird cause I can't get a consistent number out of it so I'm still experimenting with it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Do poles and ladders break? I'm worried about getting stranded if they do, and I'm worried the rescue service exists for that reason...

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey so did some experimenting with tools breaks.

Flimsy axes and shovels break at 40 uses and the upgraded forms at 100 uses.

From what I can tell an axes only break down if it hits a tree or rock, so hitting a building or furniture by accident won't do anything.

Shovels only break if it hits a rock or digs something up, so hitting buildings, trees, or just digging or filling up holes seem to be okay.

Still trying to find out the net and rod number, but it looks like it only breaks if you actually catch something so don't be afraid of whiffing.

The watering can is weird cause I can't get a consistent number out of it so I'm still experimenting with it.
Has this experiment also revealed if using a Shovel or an Axe has any effect on what you get from the rocks? I've gotten lots of iron with a shovel and stones with an axe as well as the complete opposite. So I cannot get a read on if there's a best choice or if they're the same.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Nondevor posted:

I think someone else in the thread was looking for black-rimmed glasses? Mabel is selling circle ones in my plaza.

That was me. Awesome, I'm coming in to grab those. Need any fruits? I can spare apples and oranges and maybe a pear or two right now.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Scholtz posted:

Do poles and ladders break? I'm worried about getting stranded if they do, and I'm worried the rescue service exists for that reason...

they don't break

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nondevor posted:

You mean the actual trees, bamboo sprouts, or bamboo mats? Anyway I have some of all 3 (though I think you’d have to register as a best friend to dig?), so you can come visit and take some.

Dodo code LBHLF

Whatever will let me farm the bamboo :v: I have so many recipes that need it

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I stumbled upon a freezer and when I interact with it it let's me... Change my clothes? :confused:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Shingouryu posted:

I stumbled upon a freezer and when I interact with it it let's me... Change my clothes? :confused:

Do you not keep your underwear in the freezer at home? Do you not like crisp balls?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

shortspecialbus posted:

That was me. Awesome, I'm coming in to grab those. Need any fruits? I can spare apples and oranges and maybe a pear or two right now.

Apples would be good! And anything else you feel like haha

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Can't find a stringfish :(

It's the rivers on the higher tiers, right? The pool at the beginning included?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Finished getting the housing stuff done for the three new villagers. It went this way:

• Invite 3 villagers to live with you from 3 separate island visits
• Nook gets a call the next day
• He then sends you on a quest to craft a total of 18 things. 3 interior things, 3 exterior things for all 3 houses
• Verify everything is right by pressing on the dropbox at the house and then talk to Nook. From there, you'll move forward.

The three villagers I talked to were cool, so I invited them too live with me and those same 3 are moving into lots corresponding to what order I talked to them. Meaning, I talked to Nana first and she's in the house labeled 1. Then Hornsby is 2, with Audie as 3.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

eating only apples posted:

Only 4pm-9pm but yes.

Nondevor posted:

Apples would be good! And anything else you feel like haha

I am dropping you off 2 apples, if people ever stop arriving on the island.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

The museum is really incredible. Every room has a very different feel and it's all gorgeous.

But frankly, my favourite part is in the fossil section. It really wasn't much of a section before, but oh my god they nailed it. The room design and flow leads to a really cute joke/wink and I'm just in love.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

They're only found at night on the clifftop rivers. Don't worry, I haven't really found on yet either.

I've only got 5 more creatures to find in my game this month, but I'd like to go to a southern hemisphere island and see what's available there.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Re: order of new villagers moving in

I had six villagers invited by the time I get to where I had to put down the three new house plots, but the second and fifth I invited were the first two to move in. And plot #2 was the first to be populated. It seems like all of it is random.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Protip posted:

Probably full... I have my switch off to the side and the chimes of people arriving are pretty constant. I'll try to leave things open a bit longer if I can.

No worries, I gave up! Don't stick around on account of me.

Also, this is what it says when trying to visit your island. Orville memeing.

https://twitter.com/ericswitch/status/1241788591904186368?s=20

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

when do the villagers you invite from different islands move in...? I've invited 3 different people and none of them have shown up.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Nintendo please streamline these cutscenes ahhhh

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Drone posted:

Do they all have SOLD signs on them now? If so I think you're fine.

They don't.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Nondevor posted:

Nintendo please streamline these cutscenes ahhhh

My god I am never going to be able to get clothes at this rate. I hope you got the apples I dropped, I dunno who grabbed them.

Edit: this place is a madhouse

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LODGE NORTH posted:

The three villagers I talked to were cool, so I invited them too live with me and those same 3 are moving into lots corresponding to what order I talked to them. Meaning, I talked to Nana first and she's in the house labeled 1. Then Hornsby is 2, with Audie as 3.
You were lucky :negative:

Mine did not correspond to the order I invited them in, which really screwed with my placement. I made one of them my neighbor and oops turns out they got randomized! I blame Tom Nook.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

shortspecialbus posted:

Only 4pm-9pm but yes.

Yeah I'm in England so it's the right time for them. Only til 9pm? That's annoying. My town only has a tiny bit of hilltop river.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Yeah I'm in England so it's the right time for them. Only til 9pm? That's annoying. My town only has a tiny bit of hilltop river.

I have 2, each of them just really tiny. It's enough though and it kind of makes fishing it easy.

FWIW I used bait up there for about an hour last night and didn't get a stringfish. Lots of golden trouts though so it paid off.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

My Switch went to sleep I think right around 11 as I was afk, sorry to anyone who may have been disconnected and I'm glad so many were able to stop by to get turnips today!

If you ever want to get all 3 levels of the book mile goal for hosting people at once... Just open your gates with a good turnip price. That was a busy morning.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

shortspecialbus posted:

My god I am never going to be able to get clothes at this rate. I hope you got the apples I dropped, I dunno who grabbed them.

Edit: this place is a madhouse

You dropped 2 apples, right? Yeah I picked them up.

I think I need to close the gates soon ahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

I've only invited one villager so far (Skye the wolf) because most of the ones I've run into have been hideous looking. I've completed two of the Nook houses so far, though, and they've both gone to randos (Anchovy and Puddles). So I'm hoping Skye gets the third one. :ohdear: