Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Soysaucebeast posted:

Gas stations too. I had to get gas yesterday, and the QuikTrip had a sign on the door saying only 10 customers were allowed inside at a time. I'm not sure how they were enforcing that, aside from the cashier just yelling across the store at anyone new entering.
“Sir, I’m not continuing until you step back outside” suddenly turns the situation into 11 on 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

veni veni veni posted:

I bet if nothing else we won't have any mass shootings for a good long while.

Do people shooting each other over food count as a mass shooting?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

12% of Spain's cases are medical staff. That's worrying. Won't take long to run out at that rate, welp

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kloa posted:

The reality hasn't really sunk in yet for a lot of people.

Yeah the Australian government just announced widespread lockdowns throughout the entire country and poo poo finally got real for a whole bunch of people here. Lots of people on my FB feed suddenly realised that even if they don't get sick their life is really going to be a lovely lonely grind for the foreseeable future.

The relentless paranoia is really going to wear people down quickly. Did that person who used the supermarket self checkout before me cough into their hand right before they touched the pin pad? Should I be standing this close to that guy over there? Did I remember to wash my hands when I got home last night and started preparing dinner? Should I be sterilizing the door handles on my car as well as all the doorknobs in my house? Am I really doing enough or am I putting my friends and family in danger?

That's even without all the stress over jobs and rent and money.

And on top of that everyone has to figure out how the gently caress they're going to find toilet paper when the current supply at home runs out. :v:

My advice is to accept early on that the stress and paranoia are going to be an ongoing issue that you just HAVE to deal with and start thinking about how you're going to fortify your mental health over the following weeks and months. Don't let this poo poo creep up on you and overwhelm you, you can't afford to let that happen. Recognise the signs when you're starting to feel down and don't be afraid to reach out to friends for help.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Do people shooting each other over food count as a mass shooting?

2020 the year of the toilet paper murders.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Really interesting that all these infected elected officials are feeling fine and showing little symptoms.

Hope some doctors are studying this fascinating X-factor that protects politicians.

edit: to be more clear about the extremely obvious point I am making

friendly 2 da void fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 22, 2020

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

friendly 2 da void posted:

Really interesting that all these elected officials are feeling fine and showing little symptoms.

Hope some doctors are studying this fascinating X-factor that protects politicians.

joe biden hasn't made a public appearance in two weeks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mnoba posted:

joe biden hasn't made a public appearance in two weeks

he went to dj dnice's party actually :downs:

I loving hate everything

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Really interesting that all these elected officials are feeling fine and showing little symptoms.

A bunch of politicians have it, including as of an hour ago Rand Paul.

gently caress off with this tinfoil poo poo. It doesn't help anyone.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My advice is to accept early on that the stress and paranoia are going to be an ongoing issue that you just HAVE to deal with and start thinking about how you're going to fortify your mental health over the following weeks and months. Don't let this poo poo creep up on you and overwhelm you, you can't afford to let that happen. Recognise the signs when you're starting to feel down and don't be afraid to reach out to friends for help.

I say start meditating every day. Doesn't fix your problems, but definitely takes the edge off. There's an Ask/Tell thread for buddhism, if you need guidance.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Covfefe

schmug
May 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/status/1241794193594421249?s=20

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
oh god this is gonna be the new challenge isn't it

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Grape posted:

Think the point is that they are all asymptomatic, or at least claiming to be

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Grape posted:

...no poo poo? that's why i posted?

where are you at that your local stores have tinfoil? mine are all sold out and I've got lots of leftovers :(

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Merkel's got it, lol.
https://news.sky.com/story/german-chancellor-angela-merkel-in-quarantine-after-doctor-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-11962030

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Grape posted:

It's better because it isn't sending half the country into an insane bloodthirst.

That's... something, true. I'll take it.

Just txted my husband, who had Fri/Sat off and went back in at noon today not knowing what to expect. "Truck showed up on Friday; TP gone in 20 minutes lol". "Steady but not crazy" is his latest report.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

That's a pro-click.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Crimpolioni posted:

Zero, so yes. Pretty low. And beyond anything else, even lesser crisis have resulted in huge increses in deaths from things like suicides, cancer, all manner of stress and inactivity related complications, and so on.

I drank 4 bottles of wine between Friday - Saturday and I've spent today absolutely wishing I was dead. No more home drinking for a bit, I think.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel is in quarantine after a doctor who gave her a vaccine tested positive for coronavirus.

You got me excited here for a sec

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Gologle posted:

YouTube recommended me this very good video of an incredibly good dog being just the best doggie, and it has actually helped my stress levels somewhat, so I'm linking it for all in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3HN-MmJc4

What a good dog!

that dumb dog was trained to do that. it has not emotions and thoughts of its own. its a garbage animal with an unclean rear end in a top hat that manipulates humans with its fluffyness

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Popoto posted:

that dumb dog was trained to do that. it has not emotions and thoughts of its own. its a garbage animal with an unclean rear end in a top hat that manipulates humans with its fluffyness

Do you not see the tail wagging or?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1241799144559251456

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

veni veni veni posted:

I bet if nothing else we won't have any mass shootings for a good long while.
I'd worry it's the exact opposite and the wannabe domestic terrorists are salivating over the drastically-increased impact they might have in this time of crisis. I really hope anti-fascists and the Feds are keeping an extra close eye on right-wing-extremist communities right now.

Disclaimer: DON'T GET ANY MORE SPECIFIC ON THIS SUBJECT. Lowtax doesn't need another phone call from the Feds.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Popoto posted:

i wonder how covid-19 affects toxoplasmosis carriers

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Is a man not entitled to his viral load

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm not going to post that i hope the repubs all get severe symptoms

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Sorry if this has been covered. I live in upstate NY and they have just madeit a misdemeanor if you test positive and don't follow quarantine instructions. Not sure if this is for just our county or for the state yet, heard it from a county official but I don't know if this is coming from Cuomo's office or not

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Beachcomber posted:

Do you not see the tail wagging or?

of course. it shows it is annoyed at having to act against its will. you have to be careful around a dog wagging its tail.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pistol_Pete posted:

I drank 4 bottles of wine between Friday - Saturday and I've spent today absolutely wishing I was dead. No more home drinking for a bit, I think.

I remember that feeling. It is astoundingly horrific. Tell yourself this will pass. It will. You will get through it and feel better than you do now.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Wagging one's tail has been one of the first indicators of having COVID19.
Read the news maybe?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

free viral load man on the land

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I've been wagging my tail for 30 years, I don't believe you

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

how does it work in the senate if senators are intubated in ICU? can they still vote?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mongolian Queef posted:

That's a pro-click.
That's an old TikTok meme but I like that's it's being repurposed for Viraltimes

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
day ?? of isolation

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

lol jesus

btw, I have found exercising to be quite helpful in these trying times. It is quite possible to get strong and relatively conditioned at home. Reddit's https://reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness is probably one of the best resources on the internet. Cardio? Just do 100 burpees, time yourself, and try to beat that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Flyinglemur posted:

Sorry if this has been covered. I live in upstate NY and they have just madeit a misdemeanor if you test positive and don't follow quarantine instructions.

So tests are being done or what ?