Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

How do I avoid exploding my rocks? I'm never going to get this shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Forgive my unchill, but gently caress Nintendo for only allowing 1 island per switch. Sharing an island with my 6 year old who can play for 6 hours a day and has now destroyed every rock on our island (among other things) is testing my patience. I just wanted a solo zen garden to chill out on but NO Nintendo has REASONS or something. :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can you only be chased by one tarantula at a time? Is that what is happening?

Yeah that's what the Google Translate on that Tweet says.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Cherries on my island. Come and get them. If anyone wants to bring peaches or apples that would be sweet. Theres also 1 orange tree you can harvest, but please don't take it.

Dodo: 6MRBX

My wife is bringing you peaches!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

mutata posted:

Forgive my unchill, but gently caress Nintendo for only allowing 1 island per switch. Sharing an island with my 6 year old who can play for 6 hours a day and has now destroyed every rock on our island (among other things) is testing my patience. I just wanted a solo zen garden to chill out on but NO Nintendo has REASONS or something. :(

Parental controls can let you restrict their playtime

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

inferis posted:

Yeah you have to pull them off the sd card. The twitter uploads have terrible compression.

Ahhhhh ok that’s what was baffling me. So screen capture on the switch, pull the SD card where the pics are stored (I’m assuming you have to instruct the settings to point there first) and then download to your computer and hey ho. Yes?

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

Kobogartimer posted:

poop then hit rocks

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I'm not wild about the smoothing filter that gets applied to custom designs - it definitely makes doing any kind of detail work way more difficult. Everything else about the editor is great though.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Kobogartimer posted:

Don't eat fruit. Fruit gives you energy which lets you break rocks and dig up fully grown trees.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Is there an upgrade that allows you to rearrange stock in your inventory? I'm going insane.

My only other gripe so far is that villager housing plots are massive despite the house being like half the size. I'm going to run out of room before I can terraform.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can you only be chased by one tarantula at a time? Is that what is happening?

Yes, if one is blocked in and in attack mode, other tarantulas won’t attack!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Cherries on my island. Come and get them. If anyone wants to bring peaches or apples that would be sweet. Theres also 1 orange tree you can harvest, but please don't take it.

Dodo: 6MRBX

On my way with some apples and to harass your villagers.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Parental controls can let you restrict their playtime

They don't, actually! They let you set a Switch-wide "limit" per day. Once all users cumulatively hit that limit then... it plays a little alarm sound. That's it.

Anyway, it's less about that and more that I really just want my own island where I can faff around and pick my own villagers and the like in peace.

mutata fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 22, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shneak posted:

Is there an upgrade that allows you to rearrange stock in your inventory? I'm going insane.

My only other gripe so far is that villager housing plots are massive despite the house being like half the size. I'm going to run out of room before I can terraform.
Hold A when the cursor is on an item. Then move it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Do you need turnips for any DIY recipes? My schedule means I'll never see Daisy Mae unless I bring my Switch to work, I don't want to offset my clock, and I never liked playing the Stalk Market anyway.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I made the mistake of letting my 5-year-old be the first player.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ah, a Lord of the Flies situation

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco
Willing to bring apples / ladders / coconuts in exchange for someone who still has Daisy Mae wandering about. Turns out she disappears at 12pm on Sunday!

My friend code is SW-1635-6343-0617.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

mutata posted:

They don't, actually! They let you set a Switch-wide "limit" per day. Once all users cumulatively hit that limit then... it plays a little alarm sound. That's it.

Anyway, it's less about that and more that I really just want my own island where I can faff around and pick my own villagers and the like in peace.

If you don't want to share your toys with the 6 year old either ban them from playing it or buy a second console would be my advice.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Yep I banned my 6 year old completely from my switch. I'm considering buying him one, though. That's pretty much the only way to do it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ruffian Price posted:

Reopening with code MV3K9, BYO wood and iron

Are you still open? Want to make sure before I dedicate resources to all these benches

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Hell yes! I'll edit when I close

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Wait, did I screw up by not buying turnips earily today? Was trying to make some money to buy up a bunch but now I can't find them

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

gently caress Wasps Forever: either have your net out if shaking trees, or have your net to the side of your axe in your inventory if chopping. Using left or right on the d-pad to switch to the net pauses the game just enough to give you time to angle yourself and catch the wasps as they show up.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah I know. I'm not really asking for advice and I'm not going to spend another $300+. I just wish Nintendo wouldn't do stupid poo poo for opaque reasons.

I'm literally a 3d environment artist for a living so my brain is broken and Animal Crossing is precisely engineered to tap into it. I'm not mad at my son at all. Just disappointed in general and frustrated at Nintendo. Ignore me. Quarantine got me all stressed.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Nintendo still has that "don't put anything on the Internet" mindset that parents had in the 90s. Whenever they add online to a game, in any form, they suddenly become ultra paranoid and do stupid poo poo like only allow one island per Switch.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What is the best tree for just regular "wood." I have stacks of the two special kind, but always short on reg'ler

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
I guess you could make a deal that one corner of the island is a protected zone and the kids can wreck the rest? After a little progress you can probs move the house and make some fences and such.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

enojy posted:

gently caress Wasps Forever: either have your net out if shaking trees, or have your net to the side of your axe in your inventory if chopping. Using left or right on the d-pad to switch to the net pauses the game just enough to give you time to angle yourself and catch the wasps as they show up.

I unlocked the catch-5-wasps-in-a-row achievement just now :smuggo:

but yeah it comes down to making a deliberate tree-shaking tune with your net out the whole time

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Quick question, does the Nook Stop savings account gain interest and what's the interest rate?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
My Dodo code: KV74S

Bamboo would be welcome.

Oranges are native here, though all the trees have been plucked dry. Saplings for other fruit have been planted, but it will probably be another couple if days for them.

I can provide ladders for those whom need it

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

My gate is open and I've got a meteor shower.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

AndrewP posted:

Quick question, does the Nook Stop savings account gain interest and what's the interest rate?

Historically its been .5% on the first day of the month

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Zore posted:

If you use villagers as models you get the option to buy a poster of them at the Nook terminal.

Other than that or making fun pictures there's no real purpose

Ah, welp.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh, I figured out how to do inventory organization. Press and hold A on something and you can freely move it around. This also lets you reconsolidate split stacks if, say, you didn't buy all your turnips in one go or something.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I have a question about online play... This is my Switch, with my Nintendo Account and an individual Nintendo Online plan. I made my girlfriend a user profile that isn't linked to an account, since she doesn't play games on her own, but she's enjoying Animal Crossing, and you need a separate profile to make a Villager.

If she wants to visit other people's islands and have people come visit her Villager, can I link her profile to my Nintendo Account so both her profile and mine are on the same account? Or would I need to purchase a family plan for our two accounts?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Is there any reason to keep the non fruit trees around other than aesthetics?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the trick is to wear big sunglasses so that nobody can tell when you've been brutalized by wasps

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I've tried this rock bashing timing technique, but when I press A right as I bonk a rock, my dude just stops. So I'm resorting to button mashing. And I've been using an axe to bash rocks but now I'm starting to think maybe shovels are better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I use a shovel and dig the few holes before doing it. Pressing A as I bonked never worked for me, so what I did was watched my villager's eyes. The moment they revert out of the O_O shocked face to their regular eyes I found I could hit A again for another swing and since learning this I've always gotten the full 8 pieces.