Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

biracial bear for uncut posted:

If you find some you can probably make some bank on SA Mart because :lol:

No price gouging essential items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Data Graham posted:

Is he still being appropriated as a Nazi icon?
Yep.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Knormal posted:

That's the happiest skinless corpse I've ever seen.

Turns out they found two of them, and if this isn't the setup for a wacky buddy sitcom I don't know what is.

So, Peto and Flek?

Guh-guh!

Dude you rock!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is the new "I'm in this picture and I don't like it".

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Data Graham posted:

Is he still being appropriated as a Nazi icon?

Was that a thing?

(In my heart "of course that's a thing" smdh)

Why do nazis use "gotcha" images and memes. So dumb.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Didn't Doug Jones play him?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Captain Splendid posted:

Yep

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Croatoan posted:

Was that a thing?

(In my heart "of course that's a thing" smdh)

Why do nazis use "gotcha" images and memes. So dumb.

From a glance he's pale as hell with a long face and I think Nazis like those traits.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nazis did take Mac Tonight and reappropriate him as a white supremacist character However, the vaporwave community took him back as a vaporwave icon. He's on the cover of Saint Pepsi and Lucy Elite's album Late Night Delight. And there's the Enjoy Yourself music video that uses an old Mac Tonight commercial.

If you're not familiar with vaporwave, the genre is very LGBTQ friendly and has anti-capitalist themes. Not something Nazis are too fond of.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://i.imgur.com/pQ0ZkVq.mp4

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Has this person never seen someone chug a beer before?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Cartoon Man posted:

No price gouging essential items.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nazis did take Mac Tonight and reappropriate him as a white supremacist character However, the vaporwave community took him back as a vaporwave icon. He's on the cover of Saint Pepsi and Lucy Elite's album Late Night Delight. And there's the Enjoy Yourself music video that uses an old Mac Tonight commercial.

If you're not familiar with vaporwave, the genre is very LGBTQ friendly and has anti-capitalist themes. Not something Nazis are too fond of.

Didn't Nazis love vaporwave at one point because they thought that the incorporation of 90's soundbites into the music was intended to portray nostalgia for "better times" rather than to parody the capitalist attitudes of the era? How did the community manage to shake off the Nazis?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Didn't Nazis love vaporwave at one point because they thought that the incorporation of 90's soundbites into the music was intended to portray nostalgia for "better times" rather than to parody the capitalist attitudes of the era? How did the community manage to shake off the Nazis?

It's both nostalgia and parody. You can like something while making fun of it, and nostalgia isn't inherently fascist just because Nazis are nostalgic.

Also, Nazis like to appropriate stuff that has nothing to do with them and try to get society to view it as theirs. It's a power move slash intellectual colonization thing, and it's been a thing since the original batch.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Mar 23, 2020

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think they successfully handled that by telling them to gently caress off. I follow a ton of vaporwave artists and labels on Twitter and haven't seen any Nazi poo poo pop up. Lotta good vibes.

There's a ton of subgenres within vaporwave, some of it is super upbeat and does bring the nostalgic good times like future funk. But a lot of it has a dark undertone, twisting old ads and corporate muzak. Albums like K-Mart 1989-1992 and News At 11 are designed to put you in a weird headspace. They use nostalgia in a sinister way.

Edit: I've been thinking about starting a vaporwave thread in NMD, but have been too overloaded lately to start an OP.

Detective No. 27 has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Mar 23, 2020

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

beanieson posted:

I’m more spooked by the severed head of the Hamburglar back there

He got what he loving deserved.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's both nostalgia and parody. You can like something while making fun of it, and nostalgia isn't inherently fascist just because Nazis are nostalgic.

Also, Nazis like to appropriate stuff that has nothing to do with them and try to get society to view it as theirs. It's a power move slash intellectual colonization thing, and it's been a thing since the original batch.

They also love to take fairly innocuous stuff and turn it into symbols since they can use it in public and anyone that calls them out on it look like over-sensitive crazy people to the wide swathe of the public that have no idea. Just look at the general reaction to people getting called out on the 'ok' hand gesture. It even happened on here in the WoW forum when someone noticed a spell graphic happened to look like a swastika in a freeze frame and if it hit you it did exactly 1,488 damage.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

You've inspired me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dialhforhero posted:

That man was haunting in the 90s.

That man is haunting now.

And McDonald's will never touch him again

Do they still own rights to something like that?

El Gallinero Gros has a new favorite as of 20:37 on Mar 23, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What the gently caress does vaporwave's anti nazi position have to do with forgotten McDonald's moon man . What the gently caress is going on

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pick posted:

What the gently caress does vaporwave's anti nazi position have to do with forgotten McDonald's moon man . What the gently caress is going on

That's how it is on this bitch of an earth.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

St Pepsi?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

cum infections gang baby

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cumming? O, poly. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTsdKycVZZ4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think they successfully handled that by telling them to gently caress off. I follow a ton of vaporwave artists and labels on Twitter and haven't seen any Nazi poo poo pop up. Lotta good vibes.

There's a ton of subgenres within vaporwave, some of it is super upbeat and does bring the nostalgic good times like future funk. But a lot of it has a dark undertone, twisting old ads and corporate muzak. Albums like K-Mart 1989-1992 and News At 11 are designed to put you in a weird headspace. They use nostalgia in a sinister way.

Edit: I've been thinking about starting a vaporwave thread in NMD, but have been too overloaded lately to start an OP.

Post it if you do, I'll happily read it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/AwKapQJ.mp4

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
That reminds me of an old classic I can't seem to find: It was a video of someone holding a dog's mouth and 'making it speak' (in sort of "ahh-bw-bw-bwaaahhh" sounds). Someone used YouTubeDoubler to put it over top of a Tupac beat and I think it was titled 'Pac Ain't Dead', but alas YouTubeDoubler is long gone and I can't seem to find the original saved anywhere.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Detective No. 27 posted:

Vapourwave unfortunately has a predominantly Nazi subculture, despite it being kicked off by Macintosh Plus, a trans woman

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

https://twitter.com/Standplaats_KRK/status/1242106228941246472?s=19

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

How many squares are dedicated to white supremacy? Cumming's the town Oprah protested in 1987.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

How many squares are dedicated to white supremacy? Cumming's the town Oprah protested in 1987.

Considering who owns and operates Parker Bros. as well as the themes of Monopoly, all of them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

alexandriao posted:

Vapourwave unfortunately has a predominantly Nazi subculture, despite it being kicked off by Macintosh Plus, a trans woman

Citation needed.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Citation needed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Not really sure what's funny about this, better than official white house advice, advice is?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The pdf is actually from the Wu Tang, they made it for distribution by others.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Detective No. 27 posted:

Citation needed.

Do u know what Google is

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

alexandriao posted:

Do u know what Google is

You can do this with literally anything.

(Gonna have to nuke my search history now.)

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Captain Splendid posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

You can do this with literally anything.

(Gonna have to nuke my search history now.)

I always do any questionable searches in a private window to avoid this kind of thing.