Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

nerdz posted:

consider EMP jammer against black tusk. I'm running jammer+firestarter and it can perma disrupt black tusk, killing all minitanks and warhounds before they even move and disabling all enemies. I run EMP for all encounters and switch to blinder Firefly when tanks pop up.

But yeah, compared to a tank build or full on m1a dps build, skills mostly struggle solo. If there was a way to quick switch skills mid combat it would be perfect, but right now you just can't have all the tools to handle everything.

Speaking of which. The EMP sticky which we will get at the end of the season, might improve things. Combined with Overcharge (for the bigger radius) from an Acosta's, you should be able to shut down all electronics in a room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't

Kibayasu posted:

...but they disabled that because resetting difficulty was also resetting progress if you had already finished the manhunt.

Question on this. Finished the hunt, upped the difficulty to try something, then saw all the pips were empty and the progress at 0% but had the "Replay" text over the rogue portrait. I've seen them talk about said progress counting in other posts elsewhere, but did I get the short end of the stick? Seeing it really sucked the wind out of my sails from continuing to play.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hammerstein posted:

How comes Black Tusk has not won yet when they have all the gear in the world? Legendary Roosevelt has a stage with several copter waves...

https://i.imgur.com/vHN1FgQ.mp4

Because... mmm... I don't even know because in all the infights with other factions when I'm running around they wipe the floor with anything. Hell, they even helped me kill a hunter and the chunky tank was standing still ignoring hunter's jammer and mortar hits.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Today's maintenance fixed a season reset bug. Damage bug not fixed yet.

Update 8.4 on Wednesday with lots of NPC scaling fixes, changes to global difficulty and manhunts
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2205470

quote:

We are still evaluating several changes that are coming in on the server side and will update this post to reflect any changes.

Gameplay changes

Seasonal Manhunt is changed to allow progress at Normal difficulty and above. This will make playing together easier as all players will gain progress no matter what difficulty was set by the group leader.
Seasonal Manhunt is receiving a button in the Manhunt UI that allows players to reset the Manhunt to replay it. This allows players to reset the progress specifically and without changing the Global Difficulty.
This also means changing the Global Difficulty will not reset the Seasonal Manhunt and players are required to reset it via the Seasonal Manhunt UI.
Coyote’s Mask will drop from Coyote with an increased drop chance on higher difficulties.
We are also looking into providing the Mask for players that have not received them even though they reached Season Rank 35.
Increasing the reward quality for the following Open World Activities to be in line with other activities: Public Execution, Settlement Blockade and Propaganda Broadcast.
Reward caches from Conflict matches at maximum level are now of High-End quality.

Balancing changes:

Developer Note:
The game was tuned in a way that playing the exact same enemy composition at higher difficulties and higher player counts would match to the expected gear of that difficulty and extra players added. However, since the game also adds more Elites and Veterans to accommodate higher difficulty and player counts, this caused tuning to overcompensate health and damage higher than intended.  We are thus lowering many of these values.

Reduce NPC Damage output for all difficulties.
This applies to all NPCs and activities and enemies will do less damage to players compared to their current damage output.
Reduce NPC Health and Amor for group scaling.
Enemy Health and Armor scaling for 2-, 3- and 4-player groups based on Veterancy.
This means Red, Veteran, Elite and Named enemies will have their Health and Armor reduced compared to their current values.
Additionally, we are adjusting Health and Armor based on activity difficulty.
This applies to Hard and Challenging difficulties where enemies will have lower Health and Armor compared to their current values.
An exception are Heroic and Legendary difficulty enemies which will have their Health and Armor increased to compensate for the group scaling reductions to their values.

Developer Note: We still intend Heroic and Legendary to be very challenging. Therefore, we are increasing the base difficulty to account for the health reductions for co-op scaling. Compared to now this means Heroic and Legendary will be a bit harder for solo players and 2-player groups, 3-player difficulty will stay roughly the same, and 4-player difficulty will be easier.

Black Tusk specific adjustments which went live earlier last week
Reduced the health of Warhounds.
Reduced damage of Warhound Sniper.
Reduced the damage of the 360 spin of Warhound minigun.
Increased the intention icon duration of the 360 spin from Warhound Minigun to give players more time to react.
Reduced weak point health of Warhound Grenadier’s Control Unit.
Support Station
Reduced Base Health of Support Station.
Adjusted health scaling of Support Station with Veterancies.
Increased likelihood of Support Stations being deployed in the open (away from cover).
EMP effects will now damage the Support Station.

Lvl 30 WT1-WT5 Content

NPC Damage, Health and Armor will receive additional reductions.

Developer Note: Pre-Warlords of New York content has lower maximum values to weapon damage, skill damage, and armor (etc.) than level 31+ content so difficulty is now tuned separately for pre-expansion world tier content.

PvP Balance Changes:

All PvP weapon damage: - 20%
PvP Rifles: an additional -10%
PvP MMRs: an additional -10%

Skills

Cluster Seeker Mine:
Reduced distance to bull charge from 12m to 10m.
Reduced distance from end to explode from 6m to 4m.

Developer Note: These changes should make the Cluster Seeker Mine feel a bit more responsive.

Bug fixes

Fixed missing dialogue localization for Brazilian Portuguese on Stadia.
Fixed an issue causing developer UI elements being visible in the Language and Settings menu.
Implemented improvements for data streaming issues on PlayStation 4.
Fixed an issue that could cause in-game settings to reset after a player respawns.
Fixed an issue causing the Seasonal Manhunt progress to reset when changing Directives.
Fixed an issue causing the Apparel Event Urban Jungle schedule to not show correctly in-game.
Fixed an issue causing Target Intel to be delivered to the mailbox. This was now removed as Target Intel is no longer used in the game.
Fixed an issue causing the Sticky Bomb to not do damage under certain circumstances.
Fixed an issue causing the Shock Trap deploys to be very close together when launched.
Fixed an issue causing Global Difficulty to affect the Operation Dark Hours raid.
Fixed an issue causing Specializations to not unlock while owning the Ultimate Edition or having purchased the Year 1 Bundle.
Fixed an issue causing Season rewards to be skipped and instead giving players duplicates when gaining multiple Season Levels.
Fixed an issue causing the objective “Complete the Roosevelt Island Mission on Hard or Higher Difficulty” to not count towards the Daily Project Outcast Hunt.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Level 35 Season reward to not be delivered.
Fixed an issue causing unintended Health values on Shields.
Fixed an issue causing Season Ranks to be reset.
Fixed an issue that caused League Mission Timers to reset when a Rogue encounter wiped the group.

Roman fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 24, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I do not understand the logic behind 1-2 player heroic/legendary.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah making it harder for solo players is.... not the right approach?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Max health damage AR in the clan vendor.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LackinPants! posted:

Question on this. Finished the hunt, upped the difficulty to try something, then saw all the pips were empty and the progress at 0% but had the "Replay" text over the rogue portrait. I've seen them talk about said progress counting in other posts elsewhere, but did I get the short end of the stick? Seeing it really sucked the wind out of my sails from continuing to play.

I don’t know. The Replay suggests that you still have it completed though.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah making it harder for solo players is.... not the right approach?

If they want it to be a group activity they should just lock it to 4 player scaling like they did with heroics previously.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Roman posted:

Something they did is making it not work. I just tested it and the numbers go up in your UI but not the damage you actually inflict.

As a side note it also feels like they did something to the M1A build. I am NOT killing as well as I should be

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I just hit 35 but haven't played since the first week the game came out until now so someone tell me, are ARs any good at endgame? They're the only guns I enjoy using so I'm hoping I can put together a build using one when I get to the end.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Hahah, I can’t believe they actually just made it harder for solo and 2 man heroics. Wee’ll have to see if the NPC damage scaling/health fix compensates.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Daric posted:

I just hit 35 but haven't played since the first week the game came out until now so someone tell me, are ARs any good at endgame? They're the only guns I enjoy using so I'm hoping I can put together a build using one when I get to the end.

They aren't The Meta, that honor belongs to lmgs and rifles, but they're pretty solid. If this recent balance change works out, they might come back into favor again.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah ARs used to rule over all other weapons, being a generalist weapon that was just plain better than all others at their own specific tasks. What's making them slightly underpowered right now is probably a bug. Once hit registration issues are fixed they'll probably rule again. Pretty safe bet here

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

drat. I just got a god rolled chatterbox from my exotic cache. Max dmg/critH/critD.

Pitty it kind of sucks now. I think it might actually be worse than my current SMG. I'll have to play with it though

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

nerdz posted:

Yeah ARs used to rule over all other weapons, being a generalist weapon that was just plain better than all others at their own specific tasks. What's making them slightly underpowered right now is probably a bug. Once hit registration issues are fixed they'll probably rule again. Pretty safe bet here

Has this bug and/or hit registration issue been confirmed?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If you like ARs they're kind of in a bad spot right now. Rifles are king until they get nerfed.

Kaddish posted:

Hahah, I can’t believe they actually just made it harder for solo and 2 man heroics. Wee’ll have to see if the NPC damage scaling/health fix compensates.

I read the notes through several times and the language is vague. They seem to want to reduce it, but only for groups. Pretty much everything since the expansion has dropped has been weirdly aiming for this new meta group thing. I figured it'd be sorted by now but if they're happy to keep the loot the way it is and tell me my gameplay stops at Hard then welp.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Only 1 rifle, that does more damage than a semi-auto sniper rifle and is far easier to hit with. The rest are don’t work anywhere near as well.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Cyrano4747 posted:

drat. I just got a god rolled chatterbox from my exotic cache. Max dmg/critH/critD.

Pitty it kind of sucks now. I think it might actually be worse than my current SMG. I'll have to play with it though

I think it'll be really good when survivability goes up. Chatterbox shines when you're in the thick of it and you get the +100% ROF buff (pushing you to 1400 RPM), but since you die from a mildly stiff breeze these days it's just safer to be as far from enemies as possible. I crafted a max roll Chatterbox and I really want to like it, but my Cold Relations is just plain better (PP-19 with Perfect Strained).

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Tried my tank solo build with chatterbox. (Solokov mask, guila backpack with unstoppable force, gila gloves, corrupted system knees and holster and tardigrade chest.) Running shield and deflector drone. Was kinda meh. But I got a Lady death and that works like a charm. Can solo almost everything on challenging.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

So what's the deal with this new event? It lasts a week but there's only 4 days listed. Do challenges you don't complete roll over to the next days or something?

Because if not lol skipping this one.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

Only 1 rifle, that does more damage than a semi-auto sniper rifle and is far easier to hit with. The rest are don’t work anywhere near as well.

I found a really nicely rolled Mk17 that while it wasn't as good as the M1a it was working well and I've always liked the high RPM rifles. Been trying to get an MDR to compare too because in TU7 it was solid with really good stability to spam. Agreed though the rifles are all out of wack, the Sig for example is worthless as it has terrible bounce shot-to-shot.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Uh... did they gently caress up the league reset? I thought your progress was supposed to carry over each week. I just looked and everything is at 0 and it says I need 54 stages for the exotic cache...

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Hakarne posted:

Uh... did they gently caress up the league reset? I thought your progress was supposed to carry over each week. I just looked and everything is at 0 and it says I need 54 stages for the exotic cache...

Go look at the actual loot table. Mine was like that but when I went into the loot table it showed the exotic as up next. A single 10/10 challenging run of CDC and I finished it out.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
e: oh nm, read that wrong.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
On PS4 is this one of the games that gets picky about save files between physical/digital/deluxe/etc versions? Wondering because my friend sold his physical copy of the base game a while ago but is thinking of getting back into it. If he bought, say, the game + expansion combo via PSN, could he use his old save from the physical?

Sorry as I'm sure this has been discussed, but this thread got long!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Has this bug and/or hit registration issue been confirmed?

Yeah they acknowledged it. I've been saying this for a long time, but there has been no damage rebalance on weapons for this expansion. This means that all weapons should be around the same place they were pre expansion, i.e. ARs dominating and the M1A being a good, but not overpowered rifle. The fact that it's destroying enemies with a DPS build means that if ARs get fixed they'll be even stronger, so enemy TTK will plummet in all difficulties.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Minidust posted:

On PS4 is this one of the games that gets picky about save files between physical/digital/deluxe/etc versions? Wondering because my friend sold his physical copy of the base game a while ago but is thinking of getting back into it. If he bought, say, the game + expansion combo via PSN, could he use his old save from the physical?

Sorry as I'm sure this has been discussed, but this thread got long!

Saves are essentially server-side; the worst that'll happen is they'll need to re-do their options menus.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

nerdz posted:

Yeah they acknowledged it. I've been saying this for a long time, but there has been no damage rebalance on weapons for this expansion. This means that all weapons should be around the same place they were pre expansion, i.e. ARs dominating and the M1A being a good, but not overpowered rifle. The fact that it's destroying enemies with a DPS build means that if ARs get fixed they'll be even stronger, so enemy TTK will plummet in all difficulties.

Hopefully they'll fix strikers and the AR poo poo.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Chameleon from the exo box. At least it's pretty

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Hakarne posted:

Just a graphical bug this time. Whatever you earned last week is still there even if it says you have 0 ranks earned. If you remember how many ranks away from the exotic cache you were then you just need to earn that many to get the cache now. Fortunately they fixed the overall season rank resetting so that's something positive at least?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cyrano4747 posted:

So what's the deal with this new event? It lasts a week but there's only 4 days listed. Do challenges you don't complete roll over to the next days or something?

Because if not lol skipping this one.

Its a week long, but you get a new set of challenges each day for four days. You have seven days to complete all the challenges.

Its really not bad, and kinda fun

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Its a week long, but you get a new set of challenges each day for four days. You have seven days to complete all the challenges.

Its really not bad, and kinda fun

are there any difficulty requirements for the polarity challenges? It seems like something that would be fun on normal or hard, but just pointless on challenging or heroic considering you need to melee to swap polarities.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Roman posted:

Update 8.4 on Wednesday with lots of NPC scaling fixes, changes to global difficulty and manhunts
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2205470

I'm interested to see what the increased rewards for doing open world activities will be. I got a trash pair of BTSU Datagloves last week randomly as a reward from a public execution so I've been farming targeted LMG zones hoping for a Pestilence with nothing so far. I hope there's a better chance for exotic drops this way.

I'm also kinda hesitant to play today with all these changes looming for tomorrow. I'm wondering if the enemy damage for solo and duo players isn't actually increasing compared to how it is now, but rather it's increasing from the new baseline they're setting with tomorrow's patch and they just worded it poorly. That is, they're reducing enemy damage for solo players but not as much as they're reducing it for 4-man groups. Because if their takeaway from the past three weeks is that solo players had too much survivability then we're in for some big big trouble.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Frustrated posted:

are there any difficulty requirements for the polarity challenges? It seems like something that would be fun on normal or hard, but just pointless on challenging or heroic considering you need to melee to swap polarities.

Only need the hard mission for day 1 stuff

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Frustrated posted:

No difficulty requirements for today's challenges aside from completing a main mission on Hard or higher. We'll see if the upcoming challenges include a difficulty. Melee attacks swap the polarity for all enemies otherwise swapping weapons or reloading swaps the polarity for you. I haven't played yet in a group, but it seems like it'll be really chaotic because this event relies on you hitting a groove with your swaps and reloads to make sure you're shooting the right polarity.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Frustrated posted:

seems like its hard. If you use a shield you can cheese the swaps pretty easily.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Oh cool, so the strikers bullshit still isn't fixed.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
the best way to fix boring builds in this game is to remove assault rifles and marksman rifles as a class entirely and also remove weapon damage up as well

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
The 1-2 player changes to Heroic make sense if everyone is rolling overtuned all offense builds because at the moment Heroic missions are far easier to plow through solo than they are in a full group ( tbh I'd probably just add an extra guy or two per wave at Heroic rather than make everything tankier ). I mean for all of my kvetching about my solo skill builds in Heroic, last night I wasn't actually struggling with my blinder/firestarter chem launcher build doing solo Heroic Grand Washington Hotel ( which to be fair, isn't overly tricky). Open world stuff remains a different kettle of fish, the random nature of it all, with some districts being extra tricky as you pull enemy NPCs from neighbouring activities which make Open Heroic a painful slog ( get into a firefight, get blindsided by a named boss on top of battling two different mobs of NPCs, respawn back at a safehouse and start all over again - I've had this happen 4 player groups where it alternates between awesome long drawn out firefights and constant downings )

I feel as though should caveat all this by saying that the bulk of my recal library is now maxxed, I do play a lot of heroic, have access to better rolled gear as a result, and have found it relatively quick to arrange up different gear to mess about with new builds - I bring this up because I've noticed that I'll complain about something being difficult only to have fully reversed my opinion a few days later, and I'm acknowledging that I've probably played way too much to be a fair indicator of what is and isn't hard in this game, and that your experience may be different.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Casnorf posted:

the best way to fix boring builds in this game is to remove assault rifles and marksman rifles as a class entirely and also remove weapon damage up as well

I basically go All Skills All The Time and it’s a blast. Not optimal but a lot of fun.