Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

sassassin posted:

You sure it wasn't normal flu?

no idea man, cant get tested.
but im pretty sure it was corona based on having 100% of the symptoms, and 0 digestive symptoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

FYI if any of you are looking for hope, DO NOT watch the Trump town hall on Fox News.

I can 100% verify this.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

GolfHole posted:

but im pretty sure it was corona based on having 100% of the symptoms, and 0 digestive symptoms

also about 5 of my other coworkers got sick
all of us had already been isolated for 3 days before we showed symptoms

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GolfHole posted:

The flu doesn’t have digestive symptoms.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

God I can't listen to this idiot speak for more than 5 minutes. It is physically painful. I guess I am an owned lib

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The flu doesn’t have digestive symptoms.

And the virus tends to

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I can 100% verify this.

I'm sure you're glad to know the US will be raring to go on April 12th.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got the flu February 27th and I wonder if it was corona. I assume not, but I hope it was. Started with sore throat. Next day I felt like I'd gotten run over by a truck (in terms of aches/pains) and I had a temp of 101-102 for 4 days. Had shortness of breath but I had asthma when I was a kid and used to be a smoker so it's not unusual for me to have that as a regular flu symptom. Took about two weeks for full recovery though the last half of that I didn't feel that bad, but was coughing poo poo up from my lungs being hosed up.

I don't think I really had a dry cough or I'd say it was for sure corona, but it does appear that some people don't get that symptom.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

God I can't listen to this idiot speak for more than 5 minutes. It is physically painful

But for some its orgasmic

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

I don't buy it
Nbd
We will see in a few weeks when 1000 die a day
The idea that economic impact will be worse than containment is preposterous

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Shaocaholica posted:

But for some its orgasmic

Trump being a Cenobite makes a lot of sense tbh

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

just another posted:

Yes please. I've been bouncing between 98.6f and 100f the past few days, but no other symptoms, so it's like an anxiety rollercoaster.

That's not really a fever.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Bacon is an amazing lockdown food. It's delicious, moral boosting and leaves a pan full of grease you can use for more cooking. If you are throwing away bacon grease you deserve gods wrath.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

And the virus tends to

hmm well idk then.
i guess i'll wait and see with everyone else

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

bird with big dick posted:

I got the flu February 27th and I wonder if it was corona. I assume not, but I hope it was. Started with sore throat. Next day I felt like I'd gotten run over by a truck (in terms of aches/pains) and I had a temp of 101-102 for 4 days. Had shortness of breath but I had asthma when I was a kid and used to be a smoker so it's not unusual for me to have that as a regular flu symptom. Took about two weeks for full recovery though the last half of that I didn't feel that bad, but was coughing poo poo up from my lungs being hosed up.

I don't think I really had a dry cough or I'd say it was for sure corona, but it does appear that some people don't get that symptom.

I would completely assume so, you are in middle of a pandemic. Unfortunate that you can't know for absolute sure though.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Coming up next: all the Boomers now live in giant hamster bubble colonies? The answer may shock you. On the Sexy Boner News

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Shaocaholica posted:

Bacon is an amazing lockdown food. It's delicious, moral boosting and leaves a pan full of grease you can use for more cooking. If you are throwing away bacon grease you deserve gods wrath.

(re)Fry some instant ramen in a pan with the bacon grease after boiling the noodles. It is amazing.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

(re)Fry some instant ramen in a pan with the bacon grease after boiling the noodles. It is amazing.

It's like I'm unemployed and depressed again, whoa

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Currently arguing with multiple people on my friends list (UK) to try and get them to stay home

feels bad man

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

And the virus tends to

It’s 50/50 on that one.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
PSA: Asthma never goes away.

Even if you have less attacks or manage it better as an adult (especially with healthier lifesty-hahaha) it is an underlying health condition which you need to report if, god forbid, you need to seek care for respiratory symptoms.

edit:Possibility of lower basal body temps in sedentary (and obese) impacts what a fever is. We are, as a country, looking at lowering the average body temp due to lifestyle changes over the past 100-years.

Cuddly Tumblemumps fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 24, 2020

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

It's like I'm unemployed and depressed again, whoa

The solution is to never stop being unemployed and depressed. I call it flattening the curve.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So my wife, one of her sattelite offices, has confirmed 2 people in northern California.

Separately, I just got an email that one guy on the floor of my office building (different company) in SF tested positive. Thankfully we've been working from home for 2+ weeks now

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I fell in love with these things a couple months ago but then Amazon didn't have them and only third party people were selling them for like 6+ dollars each ($19.99 for a loving 3 pack) and your post made me think of them again and Amazon got them back in stock (for less than 2 dollars each) so now I've got a bunch on the way thank you DFDF

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Tei posted:

You can't quarantine the weak and old. Is a large group of people, and a large group of the workforce, including medic personal. If you send home everyone [from the senate] older than 60, only 14 people will attend it, I believe.
People live with families, caretakers. Do you quarantine these caretakers too?.

Quarantining the old is another way to say "let the old and weak people die". Eugenics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

Young people is still going to die. The whole hospital system will collapse, with doctors and nurses inside. Everyone having a medical problem may die too.
Maybe other social systems will collapse too. ( Have fun if the police forces are reduced to only a few officials)

Facing certain or probable death, maybe most prisons will revolt and escape. If you see somebody your age -5 die, and you see that you will die next. What you have to lose? what they can do? , kill you?

Taking this option would also create a horrible wound on the society, a undeletable Sin, future generations will look at it, think about the horrible things that generation did. Maybe learn the worst from it, than killing the weak is a good thing. Maybe we have to stop that idea here just now.

We will grown older, and weak. Everyone will one day be weak.

Has a society, if we don't protect the old and the weak, we don't deserve to survive.

Theres bones from people living 100.000 years ago, from people that would not have survive withouth a lot of care from others.

Is not a thing we do, let the weak die. Is not how we are defined has human beings.

Are you also subscribed to the Rob Brezny astrological newsletter?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/ They have no rules about price gouging so prices are a lot higher than they were 6 months ago, and it'll take a month to get anything to you, but they have them for sale and are shipping them out.

Seriously people, you do not need n95s. You know who does? I do, and all the people I work with. I'm in the room with covid patients every day and we have almost no n95s to go around. When we run out and I've got to collect a covid swab on somebody's mom, or dad, or kid, or grandparent, am I going to have to just pray they don't cough (they all do)? Then hope I don't give it to coworkers, or worse, my wife and son?

Stay home, wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

unpacked robinhood posted:

Yeah sorry, I'm not holing up in my lovely apartment until I inevitably catch it and go die in a crowded city hospital with no supplies. Also, you can't get tested.

if you are getting away by going out to the actual wilderness and wont be around other humans fine, but if you are going to a small backcountry town to "get away" like thousands of other brilliant people you are just going to die on a cot in an even more crowded school gymnasium or church

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

quote:

MacFarlane made headlines in the fall of 2018 after calling then federal agriculture minister Lawrence MacAulay an "arsehole" over the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade agreement.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 24, 2020

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Then why is the thermometer light yellow instead of green! :ohdear:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

just another posted:

Then why is the thermometer light yellow instead of green! :ohdear:

light yellow is for medium rare, green is for well done

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Lt Dan Ice Cream posted:

I just got home from work and tonight it was just me and another guy wearing masks out of like 50 guys. I was called "doc" by my boss and was accused of listening to the liberal media by another coworker. When I was putting my stuff away and getting ready to leave, another coworker just getting there for graveyard called me a pussy.
I don't get it.

What sort of mega poo poo place do you work at lol.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Light yellow means you need to pee.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
Speaking of thermometers, what's the best way to get one right now? The only one I have is for my kids and it's one of those you swipe across the forehead but it's always sucked major rear end with giving you accurate results. As of now, no stores near me have any and amazon has poo poo or won't deliver until end of April.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of thermometers, what's the best way to get one right now? The only one I have is for my kids and it's one of those you swipe across the forehead but it's always sucked major rear end with giving you accurate results. As of now, no stores near me have any and amazon has poo poo or won't deliver until end of April.

The thread title is DIY home thermometer for a reason!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Louisgod posted:

Meat thermometer? If the kids one is good enough for your kids then it should be good enough for you

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Louisgod posted:

That one you have is the best one because you're not getting another one until April/may at this point.

Edit: I had a difficult time even ordering the button batteries mine needed because it was dying.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

tater_salad posted:

That one you have is the best one because you're not getting another one until April/may at this point.

Edit: I had a difficult time even ordering the button batteries mine needed because it was dying.

Guess I'll try a new battery and see how it goes. Just tried it on myself and it says I'm at 95.4

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Shaocaholica posted:

Meat thermometer? If the kids one is good enough for your kids then it should be good enough for you

I would definitely trust my thermapen over the average cheap thermometer, but you gotta be careful because that point can be dangerous. Haven't tried it yet though, hope I don't have to.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah take some baseline non fever readings and then use that as your judgement for I'd You're getting a fever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Louisgod posted:

I spent two hours trying to find anything in stock for my job site and Walmart still had the contactless ones in stock, it won’t be delivered for two weeks though.