Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

justcola posted:

Matt Hancock looking like a college intern asked to give a presentation to middle management about something so far beyond his comprehension he is the avatar of imposter syndrome.

All of the planning behind all this will be incredibly mundane, like a corporate away day where they have to LARP a pandemic response but nobody can be bothered and feels entirely out of their depth.

Undoubtedly this. But is it still imposter syndrome if you are actually that incompetent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm on the fourth floor and he's left now. Should I seriously call 999 and tell them there's a man in a yellow hat in my area coughing up blood?
It's not a lot for them to go off either and he could be anywhere by now. May be worth calling non emergency to take it off your mind?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The guy is gone. I don't think there's anything useful to tell the authorities at this point.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

knox_harrington posted:

Undoubtedly this. But is it still imposter syndrome if you are actually that incompetent?

Impostor syndrome is when you think you're less capable than you are, when you think you're far more capable than you are that's dunning krueger.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

It's not a lot for them to go off either and he could be anywhere by now. May be worth calling non emergency to take it off your mind?

111 said they're only dealing with personal and family symptoms, and that they didn't think I should let the police know.

The guy was just coming out of a supermarket too...

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

knox_harrington posted:

I read a thing that said for a working class person, imposter syndrome is feeling as though you don't fit into the culture of a job and can't believe you're there. For a middle class person, imposter syndrome feels like you should be there but have no idea how to do the job.

I imagine you can have imposter syndrome and be incompetent - I suspect that's true in a lot of jobs as the entire culture of work, particularly in a corporate atmosphere, is hosed.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Coughing up blood is definitely a "get to the hospital right now" situation, but if he's up and walking about then it's kinda on him to take care of himself and do that.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Anyway, the NHS has put out the call for volunteers, here's the website:

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Activities include supplies delivery, patient transfer, and for anyone without transport: just calling people up and checking in on them. poo poo anyone can do.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

111 said they're only dealing with personal and family symptoms, and that they didn't think I should let the police know.

The guy was just coming out of a supermarket too...

For future reference that's worth a 999 call. If paramedics can't get there, Police can do an area search for a welfare check. If they find the chap and he's poorly, they can ferry him to hospital. Did you mention the bit about the supermarket to the 111 call taker?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Self-Employed person here. I'm WFH and have been for a while but it was very likely I was losing my job at the end of this month, and the pandemic has made that 99.9% certain.

I think I'm going to apply for a job delivering groceries for one of the local supermarkets. Getting all Dukes of Hazzard in an Iveco Daily is quite a tempting possibility.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

For future reference that's worth a 999 call. If paramedics can't get there, Police can do an area search for a welfare check. If they find the chap and he's poorly, they can ferry him to hospital. Did you mention the bit about the supermarket to the 111 call taker?

I did. They said this wasn't classed as a COVID-19 medical emergency, though I suspect she was (totally understandably) following a script.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Anyway, the NHS has put out the call for volunteers, here's the website:

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Activities include supplies delivery, patient transfer, and for anyone without transport: just calling people up and checking in on them. poo poo anyone can do.

Everyone gets a chance to be as cool as Maxime Mbanda

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-...ihHNWwkq4WjD9L4

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

biglads posted:

Self-Employed person here. I'm WFH and have been for a while but it was very likely I was losing my job at the end of this month, and the pandemic has made that 99.9% certain.

I think I'm going to apply for a job delivering groceries for one of the local supermarkets. Getting all Dukes of Hazzard in an Iveco Daily is quite a tempting possibility.
Sorry to hear that dude - I'm being made redundant in a few days and will be applying for some make-do jobs myself once my quarantine clears.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I did. They said this wasn't classed as a COVID-19 medical emergency, though I suspect she was (totally understandably) following a script.

Oh... :stare:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Coughing up blood is definitely a "get to the hospital right now" situation, but if he's up and walking about then it's kinda on him to take care of himself and do that.

Unless he's feverish and delirious.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Flipswitch posted:

Sorry to hear that dude - I'm being made redundant in a few days and will be applying for some make-do jobs myself once my quarantine clears.

It's not too bad for me really, my wife is employed by a decent company and is also WFH so is getting paid for the time being. There's a lot of people going to be struggling more than us, I just hope the Government let someone other than Kafka hold the purse strings for the money they've promised. It's really time for UBI but that's absolute Kyptonite for Tories.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Coohoolin posted:

Galaxy O'Brain seems to be getting clued in to the fact that Tories are proto fascists who will sacrifice the lives of the proletariat to keep the STONK NUMBER going up, and it's taking every ounce of self-control I have not to just reply to every tweet with "should have endorsed Labour then you short sighted prick!"

links?

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Someone talk me out of buying a bike.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mugsbaloney posted:

Don't buy a bike.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/rmc031/status/1242559062933409792

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mugsbaloney posted:

As of 2 weeks ago, year to date, more people died of bikes than of Covid-19.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Charlie's got the rona. Bet the queen is laughing her arse off

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
My dad Just went around the house going "holy poo poo" in a panic.

"Breaking news," he said. I had no idea what could rile him like that.

"Prince Charles," he said.

Charlie's got the disease and that's the end of the world.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Mugsbaloney posted:

You see anyone on a bicycle in Mad Max? Get a motorbike and be in the cool post-apocalyptic club.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1242763024123006976?s=19

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mugsbaloney posted:

Which one?

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Samovar posted:

Don't buy a bike.

But think of the exciting car free roads! Cycling UK says its ok.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Hopefully the start of the end for the royals

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Mugsbaloney posted:

Boris will soon authorise the territorial army to kill cyclists on sight, in his latest crack down on so-called 'velospreaders'.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-prince-charles-tests-positive-for-covid-19-11963363

quote:

Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus.

Clarence House confirmed that the 71-year-old royal had been diagnosed with the COVID-19 disease in a statement released this morning.

The heir to the throne is said to have displayed "mild symptoms" but "otherwise remains in good health", and has been self-isolating in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall - who has tested negative.

Gibbo knew etc.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Mugsbaloney posted:

Do you really wanna look like this?

poo poo wait no that's the wrong image!!!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Just go on his timeline, it's pretty much all he's tweeting about.

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1242728209642409984?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Coronavirus really is the vanguard of the proletariat.

Mugsbaloney posted:

But think of the exciting car free roads! Cycling UK says its ok.

If you're going to ride a bike, now seems like the best time, given that yeah, less traffic.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Prince Andrew's also gonna get it and somehow the coughing is going to break his hyoid bone.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Mugsbaloney posted:

You should by a bike, and some tight pants and a hivis jacket.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mugsbaloney posted:

Absolutely not, get a bike. You can exercise away from people and the roads have never been quieter!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No MOT this year? I'm starting to come around on this whole pandemic thing.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Lmao prince charles is one of the fuckers escaping to the highlands and now he's gonna infect all of ballater and I hope they run him out of town

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mugsbaloney posted:

https://twitter.com/protectheflames/status/1242190140757458945

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Coohoolin posted:

Just go on his timeline, it's pretty much all he's tweeting about.

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1242728209642409984?s=19
How can a sovereign state that holds debt in its own currency run out of money?

We could run out of the ability to buy things from outside, we could be forced to take on foreign currency debt as part of a relief package, we could grow a backbone and expropriate the assets of the wealthy, but we can't run out of money. That's like saying you could run out of language.

e: Oh wait, he's talking about proles running out of money, not them running out of money. Yeah, they don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if that's an option I can request at the funeral parlour, complete full body hair removal.

I shall enter tartarus as I never existed in life, perfectly smooth.