Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thaddius the Large posted:

By the time they’re done it’ll be recut as a techno-noir thriller and he’ll be 47 years old, sounds about right

Speedforce Runner 2040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

MH Knights posted:

Is the 1984 Supergirl movie "cannon" then? Shaq's Steel? Linda Carter's Wonder Woman TV series? Superfriends?? The DCAU/Dini-verse?!

No to the Supergirl movie and Steel, technical yes to Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman as said. The end of Infinite Crisis teased an appearance of Gleek, but nothing else Superfriends.

DCAU is the best kind of technical yes, they got Kevin Conroy to play Kingdom Come's Batman.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Skwirl posted:

loving Ezra Miller had a 2 second cameo, so they have to rewatch all those movies too. Which just makes me feel bad for the kid, when he first played the Flash (again, in a 2 second cameo) I'm sure he was told and convinced he'd be starring in his own multi-feature franchise and it ends in a whimper and a brief cameo on a CW show.

Serves them right for giving Flash a suit of armor

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

ezras flash is coming out like new mutants is coming out

It'll be up against Gambit

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hawkeye - Freefall #4: Ronin is taking down/robbing a bunch of safe houses of supervillain The Hood and leaving a trail of bodies in his wake (though that part is something he's only framed for). Hawkeye (who is actually Ronin) and several other heroes are trying to take him down.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cleretic posted:

No to the Supergirl movie and Steel, technical yes to Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman as said. The end of Infinite Crisis teased an appearance of Gleek, but nothing else Superfriends.

DCAU is the best kind of technical yes, they got Kevin Conroy to play Kingdom Come's Batman.

The outfit was based on Kingdom Come, but neither DCAU Batman nor Kingdom Come Batman ever violated their no kill rule as far as I know.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

Hawkeye - Freefall #4: Ronin is taking down/robbing a bunch of safe houses of supervillain The Hood and leaving a trail of bodies in his wake (though that part is something he's only framed for). Hawkeye (who is actually Ronin) and several other heroes are trying to take him down.

Shouldn't like everyone affiliated with either Daredevil or the Avengers know that whoever is in the Ronin costume is probably either Hawkeye or Echo? Did someone else start wearing that outfit since Bendis' New Avengers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some bad guy wore the suit for a minute. And then Blade wore it for a while.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Some bad guy wore the suit for a minute. And then Blade wore it for a while.

Aside from the original costume, and the current one clearly inspired by the Wesley Snipes movie, this is the only alt-Blade costume I'll acknowledge.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Shouldn't like everyone affiliated with either Daredevil or the Avengers know that whoever is in the Ronin costume is probably either Hawkeye or Echo? Did someone else start wearing that outfit since Bendis' New Avengers?

As part of the setup, near the beginning of the story, Hawkeye-as-Ronin raids a government transport to steal a piece of Kang technology that lets him move forward an hour in time before looping back (basically like the Time-Turner in Harry Potter, if you get that reference). He then uses this to pull the classic "two places at once" trick by kicking his own rear end (plus Bucky and Sam) in issue 1.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Hellions #1 teases us with the showdown we've all longed to see.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

Hellions #1 teases us with the showdown we've all longed to see.

Those are pauldrons :colbert:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Please tell me it ends with mystique just morphing into a giant shoulder until they both feel silly.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Catty Mr.Sinister is the best characterization they’ve ever done with him and I’m glad it’s been sticking

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"I always feel so happy when I'm together with you! There is no greater joy!"

["Then you have never bit a cat in the tail!"]

From The Phantom, don't know which strip or issue.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Catty Mr.Sinister is the best characterization they’ve ever done with him and I’m glad it’s been sticking

i was pretty fond of victorian dickbag clone colony sinister, but yeah, catty is tops.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TwoPair posted:

As part of the setup, near the beginning of the story, Hawkeye-as-Ronin raids a government transport to steal a piece of Kang technology that lets him move forward an hour in time before looping back (basically like the Time-Turner in Harry Potter, if you get that reference). He then uses this to pull the classic "two places at once" trick by kicking his own rear end (plus Bucky and Sam) in issue 1.

Most of this story arc is Clint desperately trying to gaslight his closest friends with increasingly convoluted plans and it's really great.

When Daredevil enlisted him on this hunt for Ronin, Clint was actually wearing the Ronin costume. For some weird reason he didn't notice that at all.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Most of this story arc is Clint desperately trying to gaslight his closest friends with increasingly convoluted plans and it's really great.

When Daredevil enlisted him on this hunt for Ronin, Clint was actually wearing the Ronin costume. For some weird reason he didn't notice that at all.

Am I getting :thejoke:d here?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Not that I can see.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Not that I can see.

Aaayyyyy :hmmyes:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(same issue)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

is that like dds new outfit

I thought they were both dressed as ronin for awhile

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hulk

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So you're just getting home from a hard day of work and then wouldn't you know it? A loving sorceror breaks into your house.

Doctor Strange #18

(I really wanted to post just the toilet scene entirely devoid of context but the rest was pretty good too)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm just hearing Dr. Orpheus now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

davidspackage posted:

I always heard Vincent Price (specifically from 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo), and Dr Orpheus is basically a version of that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

This is the correct method of reading almost all Dr. Strange dialogue

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

This is the correct method of reading almost all Dr. Strange dialogue

*cough cough*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRV5raXCDkA
*cough cough*

The show was terrible by the way, bottom barrel Scooby-Doo. Original series, pup named, the Scooby-Doo "movies" (40 minute episodes where either the Harlem Globetrotters, Don Knotts, or Batman and Robin guest starred) were all much better. Mostly because there were no actual ghosts in any of those.

I really just hate everything involving Scooby-Doo where there's actual supernatural poo poo happening.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I really just hate everything involving Scooby-Doo where there's actual supernatural poo poo happening.

Anunnaki excepted.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Anunnaki excepted.

All my Scooby-Doo Knowledge is from the 90's and earlier shows (and the Supernatural crossover, which is an insane thing to exist), I haven't even seen the live action films, google tells me that's from a newer thing.

The genius of Scooby-Doo was that it was never an actual ghost, Scooby and Shaggy would always think it was a real ghost and still help, simultaneously being the biggest cowards and the bravest people there, and at least one of Freddie, Daphne or Velma would at one point also think it was a real ghost.

But it'd always be someone pretending to be a ghost either to drive down property prices so they could fleece someone wanting to build a railroad, or a bootleg record printing operation in a cave.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

*cough cough*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRV5raXCDkA
*cough cough*

The show was terrible by the way, bottom barrel Scooby-Doo. Original series, pup named, the Scooby-Doo "movies" (40 minute episodes where either the Harlem Globetrotters, Don Knotts, or Batman and Robin guest starred) were all much better. Mostly because there were no actual ghosts in any of those.

A talking dog is supernatural though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

That's preternatural. There's a difference. I don't know what the difference is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shaggy "accidentally" killed his brother. Overcome with grief he made a deal with Satan and his brother was returned to life, his soul forever bound to the family dog.
Having lost all memory of his previous life, he is content to blindly follow his murderer as he destroys the livelihoods of amusement park owners throughout the United States.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 26, 2020

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"I always feel so happy when I'm together with you! There is no greater joy!"

["Then you have never bit a cat in the tail!"]

From The Phantom, don't know which strip or issue.

Devil why the gently caress are you watching your owners getting down, give them some privacy. And stop riffing on their sexlife!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Skwirl posted:

How do you feel about the Scooby-Doo KISS movie, where it turns out KISS are either a team of alien superheroes protecting the universe from evil, or possibly that KISS are entirely normal and Shaggy just dreamed they were?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Shaggy "accidentally" killed his brother. Overcome with grief he made a deal with Satan and his brother was returned to life, his soul forever bound to the family dog.
Having lost all memory of his previous life, he is content to blindly follow his murderer as he destroys the livelihoods of amusement park owners throughout the United States.

I hate you so much right now.

Also they don't investigate amusement parks that still have people visiting them, they save the livelihood of amusement park owners. The ghost is always someone who wants to buy the amusement park for cheap because they know the government is about to eminent domain it for something and the ghost has lawyers who can argue it's worth way more than they paid for it two week ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cleretic posted:

How do you feel about the Scooby-Doo KISS movie, where it turns out KISS are either a team of alien superheroes protecting the universe from evil, or possibly that KISS are entirely normal and Shaggy just dreamed they were?

Haven't seen it, but I bet it's worse than the half dozen episodes they've done with the Harlem Globetrotters.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

All my Scooby-Doo Knowledge is from the 90's and earlier shows (and the Supernatural crossover, which is an insane thing to exist), I haven't even seen the live action films, google tells me that's from a newer thing.

The genius of Scooby-Doo was that it was never an actual ghost, Scooby and Shaggy would always think it was a real ghost and still help, simultaneously being the biggest cowards and the bravest people there, and at least one of Freddie, Daphne or Velma would at one point also think it was a real ghost.

But it'd always be someone pretending to be a ghost either to drive down property prices so they could fleece someone wanting to build a railroad, or a bootleg record printing operation in a cave.

And there is a very valid lesson to learn from all that.
That if someone is going around saying that the place is haunted by Miner 49er or some Phantom, that the reason is they are looking to make money off you.
That the Supernatural is a tool used by the greedy to make money.

But equally there is another important lesson. That even after having literal years worth of experience exposing con-men using the Supernatural as cover for their crimes, Shag and Scooby never lose hope.
They don't pre-judge any situation and always go into it thinking that this time it could be a real ghost.
And that shows courage to face something that they fear. It shows wisdom to not assume they know the answer.
But it also shows faith. Faith that they will one day meet with the Supernatural, something actually beyond the natural world and that they will know what to do with it when they meet it without scepticism.

Which is a good thing to. As one day Dracula might turn you into a Wolfman and then force you to race against the Mummy, the Frankenstieners and a Werewolf (which is different to a Wolfman.) For your humanity.

And while a lesser person might crack under such pressure, Shaggy's whole life has prepared him for that situation and he knows what to do.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Question IRL posted:

Which is a good thing to. As one day Dracula might turn you into a Wolfman and then force you to race against the Mummy, the Frankenstieners and a Werewolf (which is different to a Wolfman.) For your humanity.

And while a lesser person might crack under such pressure, Shaggy's whole life has prepared him for that situation and he knows what to do.
I was going to point out that Shaggy consistently cracks under no pressure, but he certainly does have relevant experience there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Dog?! What dog?!