Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chesca operates in another level

https://twitter.com/queen_chesca39/status/1242570710104465411

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The numbers don’t lie

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

WatermelonGun posted:

we’re fantasy booking prison fights now. quarantine rules.

who dares step into the oildome? be a man, hogan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Raw was at its peak as a 1 hour show. It was more tolerable at 2. At 3 it is a task of endurance the likes of which even Sisyphus would refuse to undertake.

Raw was definitely not at its peak as a 1 hour show. Even in terms of entertainment peak those early 1 hour Raws are boring as poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Raw was definitely not at its peak as a 1 hour show. Even in terms of entertainment peak those early 1 hour Raws are boring as poo poo.

Weren't they mostly squashes with one or two competitive matches?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wait. Corona has 6 letters. Covid-19. 619. Rey Mysterio is in 'isolation'. I think we've found the real culprit.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Weren't they mostly squashes with one or two competitive matches?

Yeah, mix in some pretape promos too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, RAW pre-Nitro was a different breed. Shows only became matches that matter during the Monday Night Wars when they were trying to on up each other.

I think a 1 hour show can work if you balance talent well and don't feel the need to feature everyone every week. 2 hours are perfect for a larger roster since it lets you feature the main players, cycle through the midcard, and feature big matches without them taking over the entire episode. 3 hours is just excessive and while in theory it lets you feature more of that midcard you run through stories way quicker, burn people out on the same people and gimmicks, and test your audience to just endure bad shows. Eventually RAW just turned into challenging the audience to care for 2 and half hours before the main story plays out.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1242631611092475905

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, RAW pre-Nitro was a different breed. Shows only became matches that matter during the Monday Night Wars when they were trying to on up each other.

I think a 1 hour show can work if you balance talent well and don't feel the need to feature everyone every week. 2 hours are perfect for a larger roster since it lets you feature the main players, cycle through the midcard, and feature big matches without them taking over the entire episode. 3 hours is just excessive and while in theory it lets you feature more of that midcard you run through stories way quicker, burn people out on the same people and gimmicks, and test your audience to just endure bad shows. Eventually RAW just turned into challenging the audience to care for 2 and half hours before the main story plays out.
Raw was really good in '93 for much of the year, though, with hot crowds and plenty of very un-WWF booking, a lot of it Memphis-style. The show falls off a massive cliff in '94 with less angles and competitive matches.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

is this really a stupid wrestling fan opinion when it's from someone who personally knew Benoit, considered him a friend, and had a lot of conflicting emotions and memories conjured up by the documentary that they presumably tried to suppress in the years since

like, the original 'Chris Benoit is a murderer and I don't know how to accept that' post was stupid b/c it was iirc by some mark who never knew Benoit irl, but this is likely echoing what a lot of wrestlers and other folks who were personally close to Benoit are feeling with this documentary

that said, idk who Mark Madden was or is so I could be talking out of my arse with this one lmao

Venomous fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 25, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Venomous posted:

is this really a stupid wrestling fan opinion when it's from someone who personally knew Benoit, considered him a friend, and had a lot of conflicting emotions and memories conjured up by the documentary that they presumably tried to suppress in the years since

like, the original 'Chris Benoit is a murderer and I don't know how to accept that' post was stupid b/c it was iirc by some mark who never knew Benoit irl, but this is likely echoing what a lot of wrestlers and other folks who were personally close to Benoit are feeling with this documentary

that said, idk who Mark Madden was or is so I could be talking out of my arse with this one lmao
Mark Madden was a really really REALLY bad part of thr WCW announce team. That said you're correct about everything
https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1242639296802193410

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Those tweets are fine

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's a hard thing to put yourself in the shoes of someone who's good friend did something like that. I dunno, it feels so much different than a pumpkinheaded dipshit fan trying to put in ring talent over the crimes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

He tried to cover up the murders, he knew what he was doing.

He did? :stare:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sedating Daniel before killing him says enough to me he knew what he was doing. What his reason was? Well I can't even begin to understand.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

MJeff posted:

Lapsed fan did a three part (two really, the second is people's reaction to what he did) episode on the murder and the memorial raw afterwards. Iirc he was telling the office that Nancy and Daniel had come down with something which is why he missed a house show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

He phoned the people he was riding (Chavo & Scott Armstrong, the referee IIRC) with to tell them he wasn't going to make the house show on Saturday because Nancy & Daniel had food poisoning. I haven't seen episode 2 yet but from what I remember Nancy was already dead when he made that call.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Episode 2 changed my entire opinion of Chavo and Jericho. Chavo is a good man and Jericho is a dumb rear end in a top hat but he has a good heart.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm glad Mark madden took time out of his busy schedule of yelling at women to reminisce about Chris Benoit.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Dave Taylor and his wife being spotted around the area before the bodies were discovered is a rumour I've always heard. Taylor was working as either a road agent or producer around this time and WWE supposedly sent the two over to the Benoits with wine as a "surprise double date night" as they were worried about Benoit's final texts.

Wasn't there some kind of blow up between Chris and Nancy in 2002/2003 as well I remember dirtsheets reporting.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Dave Taylor and his wife being spotted around the area before the bodies were discovered is a rumour I've always heard. Taylor was working as either a road agent or producer around this time and WWE supposedly sent the two over to the Benoits with wine as a "surprise double date night" as they were worried about Benoit's final texts.

Wasn't there some kind of blow up between Chris and Nancy in 2002/2003 as well I remember dirtsheets reporting.

I don't remember the details but I seem to recall that Nancy had filed for divorce but later withdrew the filing, and that part of what prompted Benoit to finally snap was she had (reportedly) decided to leave him again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

She filed for divorce and a protective order.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't think Nancy Benoit ever lived in a stable living situation her entire adult life and that's pretty hosed up.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Something tells me that someone never actually watched anything with either of them in it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
not to be a downer on the first thing posted away from the benoit conversation but those anonymous confession tumblrs have historically been like 80% things posted to troll other members of the fanbase

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So? It's a stupid opinion that we can laugh at. Besides, its 2020, the world is loving ending because boomers don't believe in deadly viruses. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Anyway plenty of other mock style threads on SA have a "don't call fake on everything, its more fun to believe," rule in them, and it works great.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'i can post what i want because coronavirus' is a hell of a take but ok

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Way to ignore half my post, but you do you:thumbsup:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let us not fight, instead let us read this glorious tweet.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1242627207777878016

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah, so Mike fell asleep within seconds of the programme starting then.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Jesus.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Edit: Nevermind. I clicked the tweet and it said it was deleted. Not sure why.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Wasn't that when he said it was a HIPPA violation for Cody to mention his wife had a cold or something?

I hereby apologize to rovert for misremembering this event. Thank you for DMing me on twitter to correct me.

It's me. I am the stupid wrestling fan opinion.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Good lord

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mike Kurtz is your average American. He's so loving dumb he doesn't understand what a documentary is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Holy fuccccck.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I definitely spoke too soon. gently caress. What a dunce.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/fatjoe/status/1243011482503254016?s=19

Why is Fat Joe calling out rovert over a two year old tweet about WWE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/fatjoe/status/1243011482503254016?s=19

Why is Fat Joe calling out rovert over a two year old tweet about WWE?

The simulation is heaving through death