Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I shot a opossum one time because it had killed one of my chickens and then I realized it was pregnant and I had actually killed like a dozen of them with that single shot. So I vowed to never shoot another one. That really hosed me up and I hate that I did it.

I once trapped a opossum in my old basement. Caught it in a live trap. Considered ending it, but I thought better. I took it outside infront of the apartment complex next door and let it live the best opossum life that it could.

Hope its well.

Don't feel bad about what you did. Life will find a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

hell yes loving killer snype

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/drinkofwater/status/1242597280969940992

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

DryGoods posted:

Who is John Galt?

John Galt moved to China years ago, Sonny, though nowadays he mostly keeps to international waters because the working conditions aboard his boats are not up to spec as far as labor. He's busy producing sexy underwear at rock bottom prices with optional overnight turnaround. He also personally auditions new talent at his many induction facilities.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This took entirely too long to figure out, but I can join work meetings with chyrons and gifs now.

https://i.imgur.com/8luB3XB.mp4

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

DryGoods posted:

Trump rapidly tonguing a jar of mayo. spraying the front row of reporters

Remember when he started a news conference by calling all the reporters schmucks? Did I dream it? Was it this century?

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Plinkey posted:

This took entirely too long to figure out, but I can join work meetings with chyrons and gifs now.

blessed

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Plinkey posted:

a hero for our age

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i went outside to pick up some stuff someone left for me, and my neighbors were hanging out on the walkway outside their front door, treating it like a personal balcony, with chairs and blankets and snacks, and their dog. just blocking the loving walkway that people use, to walk, and they weren't wearing masks or anything, lookin at me like im an intruder for going out my front door and their dog barking at me and poo poo. nice social distancing morans lmao.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

2DCAT posted:

Ableton is terrible imo but it's probably just because I can't stand the UI

What do you use BTW?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

i went outside to pick up some stuff someone left for me, and my neighbors were hanging out on the walkway outside their front door, treating it like a personal balcony, with chairs and blankets and snacks, and their dog. just blocking the loving walkway that people use, to walk, and they weren't wearing masks or anything, lookin at me like im an intruder for going out my front door and their dog barking at me and poo poo. nice social distancing morans lmao.

it’s called neighborhood solidarity

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fits my needs posted:

it’s called neighborhood solidarity

:abuela:

how dare i scare their dog with my ugly mask i should try 2 be more neighborly

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Plinkey posted:

what the gently caress

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

:abuela:

how dare i scare their dog with my ugly mask i should try 2 be more neighborly

you needed to bark at the dog to establish building hierarchy :doggo:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bearjew posted:

what the gently caress

you're about to be famous

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So how are states going to pay for all this unemployment?

Also why can't I load my imgur uploads on my phone. Is it because I crawled out my recession cave still clinging to my dad's hand me down galaxy 5? I just wanna post pictures on the internet :(

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Plinkey posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I’m glad that tiktok dork got hit with terrorism charges for tonguing a grocery aisle. Hopefully he will never see freedom.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1242961922531549184?s=21

we are all gonna die of plague or insane murder

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

He'll bribe some execs and they will knuckle under.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
MDMA

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
man this whole thing has been super rough on my wife who has severe depression and was somewhat managing it with wellbutrin and ketamine but now we're nervous about going in to get her ketamine treatment since the nurse is gonna have to like get up close to several people a day which is way more than the 0 anyone is supposed to be doing right now

she's just been seeing how dumb people have been about this and talkin about how hosed humanity is and how she just doesn't see a point in staying around for any of it and just wants to kill herself and idk all I can do is just be like well I love you and I'm here for you and we're gonna get through this but yeah she doesn't really want to do anything and barely wants to eat so I'm just like trying to support her the best I can and hope she doesn't decide to kill herself cause I dunno what else I can do

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

time had no meaning in lockdown

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

backordered

:smith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I secretly love pomeranians. They're just so gosh darn cute :3:

What the gently caress

This dude needs to be lynched

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

CAROL posted:

but then again, who does

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

petit choux posted:

What do you use BTW?

i’d like to know this too, it’s cool to see how people that are actually good at making things do stuff

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Wtf

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

CaptainBeefart posted:

Just joshing around.

But if you could enlighten me, why are the reds better? I'm curious.

they are all good for different things

i know you were joking but the grain of truth at the foundation is not knowing about lentils. a sin

red lentils — esp split, labeled dal if you're buying a brand more likely to be a decent value for money — are great for soups because they start to fall apart and thicken it

in contrast! beluga lentils are great for when you want a lentil that will always hold its shape. maybe in a cold salad. soup too! also super good dressed in butter and garlic (mb confit garlic) next to some meat. chicken breast.

lentils du puy/french green lentils are the undisputed King of Lentils, Duke of Legumes, & so forth. When properly cooked, they hold their shape while also being very tender, and good examples have a subtle... earthy? mineral?? taste that's unique and good. also, their black speckle-on-green coloration is v attractive on the plate!

other green lentils are lesser, but also good.

there are lots of lentils and I'm unaware of a bad one!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

petit choux posted:

What do you use BTW?

Honestly it comes down to what UI you're most comfortable with and what you can do things in quickly without a hassle. There isn't a bad or a good one.

I started with Cakewalk 9 but once VSTs became a think moved to an early Cubase version and stayed with that ever since. For drums, I continue to use Fruity Loops because I couldn't afford an Akai in the 90s and just stuck wtih that since that what I was familiar with and liked. I record analog synths and vocals in Wavelab... Adding even more chaos too everything. My setup is terrible but it works and makes sense for me.

I only say "I hate" because it's not immediately intuitive, get frustrated and say gently caress it before going back to something I can record with, without any undeeded stress

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

During the AIDS crisis some arsonist tried to burn down a home for hemophiliacs (with everybody still inside, of course). Just to help you pin down where we are on the panic/murder timeline for coronavirus. The internet truly is an amazing tool for accelerating social progress.

quote:

According to officials, Mr. Wilson had expressed racist and anti-government sentiments. He had been under F.B.I. scrutiny since September, and the authorities said that at one point he had considered attacking multiple targets, including a school with a large number of black students, as well as a mosque and a synagogue.

“Wilson considered various targets and ultimately settled on an area hospital in an attempt to harm many people, targeting a facility that is providing critical medical care in today’s environment,” the F.B.I. said in a statement.

Last week, Belton’s mayor issued a stay-at-home order for its residents. Authorities said Mr. Wilson said he felt compelled to act because of the mayor’s order and intended to use a car bomb to cause mass casualties at the hospital.

Nevermind - he's just a run-of-the-mill loony white supremacist. Ouch - terrible timing and targeting.

Really, when you think about it, coronavirus just saved a school, mosque, synagogue, and/or hospital from a terrorist attack.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

2DCAT posted:

Honestly it comes down to what UI you're most comfortable with and what you can do things in quickly without a hassle. There isn't a bad or a good one.

I started with Cakewalk 9 but once VSTs became a think moved to an early Cubase version and stayed with that ever since. For drums, I continue to use Fruity Loops because I couldn't afford an Akai in the 90s and just stuck wtih that since that what I was familiar with and liked. I record analog synths and vocals in Wavelab... Adding even more chaos too everything. My setup is terrible but it works and makes sense for me.

I only say "I hate" because it's not immediately intuitive, get frustrated and say gently caress it before going back to something I can record with, without any undeeded stress

this owns thanks for posting

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hey, wow, I like this

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
what the flying gently caress is wrong with these people

:psyduck: I'm losing my goddamn mind

lmao!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdixQDPA2h0

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hahaha down with the sickness came on my lifting mix

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Plinkey posted:

The first time I've been jealous of home working people

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Posting this here too because it's good https://twitter.com/handleyzo/status/1242985531119632385?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Plinkey posted:

THIS IS THE PRESIDENT