Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tiggum posted:

She was going to run a YouTube channel... from the library? :stare:

She's rarely been able to hold down a job because she hates "The Man" and "Authoriteh". I don't think she's ever had her own internet. She's also super paranoid about having facebook so she warps and distorts all her photos so they can't track her through facial recognition, and sometimes makes a huge announcement about how she's deleting her facebook to stay safe and free, but then is always back within 3 months ranting about more poo poo she hates. Her videos don't take up much bandwidth, they're only ever slideshows with free stock photos, clipart, text, and unfunny voiceovers. She's spent her whole life pursuing a dream of being a standup comedian and failing miserably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Picnic Princess posted:

Ooooooooooof I just found out that for the past month my aunt, who I'm estranged from and who unfriended me on FB after I refused to respond to a string of nasty messages, has been posting a bunch of TERFy poo poo on her page and was working on a "satirical youtube channel focused on politics, economics, culture, and the whole gender ID thing".

But now she's lost internet access because the libraries are closed :laffo:

Another victory for social justice coronavirus!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

They're not happy in Egypt ..
They're not happy in Libya ..
They're not happy in Morocco ..
They're not happy in Iran ..
They're not happy in Iraq ..
They're not happy in Yemen ...
They're not happy in Afghanistan ...
They're not happy in Pakistan ..
They're not happy in Syria ..
They're not happy in Lebanon ...

SO.. WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY?

They're happy in Australia ..
They're happy in Canada ..
They're happy in England ..
They're happy in France ..
They're happy in Italy ..
They're happy in Germany ..
They're happy in Sweden ..
They're happy in the USA ..
They're happy in Norway ..
They're happy in Holland ..
They're happy in Denmark ..

Basically, they're happy in every country that is not Muslim and unhappy in every country that is!

AND WHO DO THEY BLAME?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN !

AND THEN- They want to change those countries to be like, THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY!
Excuse me, but I can't help wondering...
How frigging dumb can you get?
Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim Terrorists are so quick to commit suicide.

Lets have a look at the evidence:
- No Christmas
- No television
- No nude women
- No football
- No pork chops
- No hot dogs
- No burgers
- No beer
- No bacon
- Rags for clothes
- Towels for hats
- Constant wailing from some bloke in a tower
- More than one wife
- More than one mother-in-law
- You can't shave
- Your wife can't shave
- You can't wash off the smell of donkeys
- You cook over burning camel poo poo
- Your wife is picked by someone else for you
- and your wife smells worse than your donkey
- Then they tell them that "when they die, it all gets better"???

Well No poo poo Sherlock!....
It's not like it could get much worse?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Lets have a look at the evidence:
- No Christmas
- No television
- No nude women
- No football
- No pork chops
- No hot dogs
- No burgers
- No beer
- No bacon
Uh, what? :confused:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum posted:

Uh, what? :confused:

do not attempt to apply logic to any of this

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

T-man is factually wrong for once, we're mostly in our fourth

90s 00s 10s 20s

You're wrong because technically 2020 is year 10 of the 2010s. I bet you're one of those barbarians who celebrated the new millennium on the 1st of January 2000.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Pretty sure those countries are unhappy because the United States keeps them in a constant state of war

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Shared in my hometown Facebook group hell yeah baby let’s go

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tiggum posted:

A lot of libraries have filming areas and equipment now as a community resource.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Picnic Princess posted:

Pretty sure those countries are unhappy because the United States keeps them in a constant state of war

It's because they hate our freedom, a thing no other county in the world has.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tiggum posted:

As a guy who works in a library, when’s the last time you went to a library?

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Henchman of Santa posted:

The 5G and #WiFiKills in this post made me think of another one I saw that said to turn off your WiFi because 5G is what causes the coronavirus.

I'm assuming the logic (if any) is that 5 GHz WiFi is the same thing as Fifth-Generation cell phone technology (which is in the 24 GHz to 72 GHz range).

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

jjack229 posted:

The 5G and #WiFiKills in this post made me think of another one I saw that said to turn off your WiFi because 5G is what causes the coronavirus.

I'm assuming the logic (if any) is that 5 GHz WiFi is the same thing as Fifth-Generation cell phone technology (which is in the 24 GHz to 72 GHz range).

No, it's kind of the other way around. Fear of 5G is just the latest outgrowth of a general wifi panic.

https://www.paaoregon.org/post/2018/03/26/the-pied-piper-of-portland-a-precautionary-tale-of-wifi-in-schools

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Captain Monkey posted:

As a guy who works in a library, when’s the last time you went to a library?

Maybe three weeks ago? The closest library to my house is the fanciest, most modern library I've ever seen and it certainly doesn't have filming areas or video equipment. It's got game consoles (with Minecraft and one other game that I forget) and you can sit a stack of books on the machine and somehow check them all out instantly, and it's got wifi and computers you can book time on, so I guess you could upload YouTube videos there if you filmed them somewhere else. But if you've got the phone you presumably filmed the video on then you could just use that instead.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Thats a super old chain mail too, I've seen translated dutch versions of this at least 10 years ago

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

ookiimarukochan posted:

You're wrong because technically 2020 is year 10 of the 2010s. I bet you're one of those barbarians who celebrated the new millennium on the 1st of January 2000.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Maybe three weeks ago? The closest library to my house is the fanciest, most modern library I've ever seen and it certainly doesn't have filming areas or video equipment. It's got game consoles (with Minecraft and one other game that I forget) and you can sit a stack of books on the machine and somehow check them all out instantly, and it's got wifi and computers you can book time on, so I guess you could upload YouTube videos there if you filmed them somewhere else. But if you've got the phone you presumably filmed the video on then you could just use that instead.

Huh, we have cameras you can check out for in library use, and we have a special branch that does all sorts of extra techy stuff like recording studios, 3D printers, etc.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Captain Monkey posted:

Huh, we have cameras you can check out for in library use, and we have a special branch that does all sorts of extra techy stuff like recording studios, 3D printers, etc.

Sometimes my library has books

Usually it doesn't tho

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Mikl posted:

Seventeen years is two decades, and there's been no more SARS epidemics since then. Contrast with MERS, which has been recurring every few years since the first time.

Of course I'm oversimplifying, but the point stands, we don't know if Covid will give immunity or how long it will last.

There's been no more SARS epidemics because the virus burned through all available hosts and died out. The reason we were able to get it under control so quickly was because you didn't spread the virus until you developed symptoms so just basic fever screening worked well.

Compare to this strain that can be spread for days before you show symptoms.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Sometimes my library has books

Usually it doesn't tho

Please vote for local candidates who express support for your libraries. We are always dramatically underfunded. The stories I could tell you...

:negative:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain Monkey posted:

The stories I could tell you...

:negative:

Come share in the thread for such stories about libraries!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I think the jury was absolutely justified in finding OJ not guilty and I also absolutely think he killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.

I took a bunch of criminal justice/criminal investigations classes in college in '01 and '02 and the LAPD'S handling of the OJ case was regularly used as the Goofus to a proper investigations Gallant.

Gallant tells the truth on the witness stand, even if it may be personally embarassing.

Goofus perjures himself in front of the jury, proving he, the lead investigator, is willing to commit crimes to get the outcome he wants from the case.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

we should change to a crimes based justice system where the lawyer with more crimes committed wins

of course all heterosexual lawyers will be disbarred, as the straight's brainpan is incapable of doing the right crime

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Your opinions on anime aside, T, i'm honored to call you a friend.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/DouglasCarswell/status/1243181216284708865

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What the gently caress is he talking about.

The only thing even close is the bread dole but it was not universal

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Also

Yes, the ancient roman empire. Exactly like modern day civilization and politics.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Plus the bread dole only really became a thing post republic

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Also, didn't Augustus become the first emperor shortly before the year zero, so it took like a hundred years for whatever he thinks Rome's UBI was to destroy the republic.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

27 is when is reign is seen as official.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Not to mention that he claims it started around 600 years before what people commonly consider the fall of Rome. Sounds like a pretty good run to me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well he is saying UBI is why the emperor became a thing. judging by the title of his book he is saying that UBI and progressive policy in general will lead to oligarchy and the end of democracy I guess

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I read the introduction of the book. His theory is that the only way for humans to progress is to maintain a complicated economic system in which everyone is involved in production, but the parasites like the wealthy elites set up everything so they can reap the benefits of capitalism without contributing. This then pivots to "welfare is bad."

He's Andrew Ryan, but doughy.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Ah yes the progressive organization known as Imperial Rome

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/Barb55479703/status/1242495354412679168

https://twitter.com/JoelPlacido2/status/1242863339560030210

Coronavirus deniers and climate change deniers are naturally the same people.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well he is saying UBI is why the emperor became a thing. judging by the title of his book he is saying that UBI and progressive policy in general will lead to oligarchy and the end of democracy I guess

Wow sounds crazy I wonder what that would look like irl

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because our country is totally not already an oligarchy.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

T-man posted:

i'm in the third decade of my life, 199X-2000, 2000-2010, 2010-2020 and I'm not even 30!! :smug: it's called pulling up your bootstraps and aging extra hard

Just wanna say I enjoyed the 199x reference

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Henchman of Santa posted:

What, dare I ask, is a GWEN panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

GWEN balls