Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"Your appointment to the nudge unit should be finalised within the week, I have already discussed the matter with the Prime Minister."
"I take it he was agreeable?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

stev posted:

Amazing that this news is bringing people together in joy more than the clapping thing.

The putrid heart of UKMT

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Another one for the schadenfreude file

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

OwlFancier posted:

Feeling extremely Posadist right now.

E: Also how does he "self isolate" in downing street? It's not a house it's the center of UK government.

Is he just going to do an assange and live in the cupboard?

He's having a walk in fridge installed.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I almost wouldn't put it past his government to do it as a hoax in order to get sympathy for him, distract from any past failings and get him out of the political spotlight for a bit so when the deaths go up, everyone else can take the blame for a bit until he recovers just as things improve.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

no way, you'll NEVER hear the end of it. a million 'normal' people could die in the uk and no one will give a poo poo but they'll still be rambling on about poor boris dying for the UK, shaking hands with people like diana, forever.

Boris has weekly meetings with the Queen doesn't he? It's quite possible that if Boris dies the event will quickly be massively overshadowed

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Qwertycoatl posted:

Boris has weekly meetings with the Queen doesn't he? It's quite possible that if Boris dies the event will quickly be massively overshadowed

Smash cut to the queen, currently being kept alive by a solid gold ventilator.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Qwertycoatl posted:

The most recent one was done over video conference

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Surprise T Rex posted:

She wouldn't have a solid gold ventilator. She'd have 10 normal ventilators taken directly from paups in ICU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Surprise T Rex posted:

Wouldn't a solid gold ventilator weigh hundreds of pounds and ventilate crummily?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

People celebrating this are low key p. gross, just saying

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

This joyous news has totally brightened my day

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Counterpoint: No we aren't and it would be good if he died of it because he is a huge piece of poo poo who is responsible for a shitload of deaths.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Wizard Master posted:

gently caress off, and keep loving off until you’ve hosed off enough. Then gently caress off some more.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Wizard Master posted:

it's good actually

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Camrath posted:

gently caress off, and keep loving off until you’ve hosed off enough. Then gently caress off some more.

Please be courteous mate.

Ojo
Jul 4, 2003

Well... when I said that I had a plan, I meant that I have to plan... the plan.

Wizard Master posted:

If you're responsible for making decisions that will lead to unnecessary deaths, and you then get the same illness, nobody owes you an ounce of sympathy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Take it on the chin lmao

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

it's good actually

It loving owns

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Wizard Master posted:

As per my previous message, gently caress off.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Wizard Master posted:

Lol actually it's great I love it when bad things happens to bad people.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Wizard Master posted:

Oh hey look at the guy who voted tory

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Wizard Master posted:

dude was up until recently perfectly willing to let the majority of the population get infected with this known-to-be-horrible disease as a strategy for ensuring the people remaining would largely be immune with minimum consequences to economy numbers. personally i can't bring myself to go as far as wish death upon him but a few days of suffering would i think be quite apt for the man who has done everything he can his whole life to never be culpable for his actions

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Wizard Master posted:

Wizard Master posted:

What a retard lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

:same:

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Wizard Master posted:

Mate, this has cheered me up so much the dwp would find me fit for work.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I have a really, really persistent cough now. Pretty sure I got the roni, so it's time to play some more Skyrim and live off pot noodles while society collapses outside.

e: if anybody has any horrible old tory relatives I don't mind volunteering to drop off food parcels, and maybe keep them company and have a chat for an hour or two.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

communism bitch posted:

I have a really, really persistent cough now. Pretty sure I got the roni, so it's time to play some more Skyrim and live off pot noodles while society collapses outside.

e: if anybody has any horrible old tory relatives I don't mind volunteering to drop off food parcels, and maybe keep them company and have a chat for an hour or two.

I've had one for about a month, I think it's probably spring allergies though, with it being such good weather lately.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I've had one for about a month, I think it's probably spring allergies though, with it being such good weather lately.

you've got the plague, mate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If I have it's extremely slow and is manifesting entirely as post nasal drip which TBH is kind of annoying and I might take death instead if that's on the plate. At this rate I'll be free of it by next christmas.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wizard Master posted:

The real "ghouls" are people like you who quietly vote in favour of human suffering, and then try to put a decorous face on it.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Thoughts and prayers your PM dies a gruesome death.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Haaaahahahahahaha. At least that's something.

Weasling Weasel posted:

Can someone explain why the recovery rate is so low on all the supplied stats. My diseased brain keeps coming back to around to it, and I don't understand why it most occasions it's only very slightly above the deaths.
To follow up on what other people have said, here are the stats from South Korea which does decent testing - 139 deaths, 4528 recoveries, which is a 3% mortality rate. That's going to be a bit high because there'll be some recovered cases early on which have gone undetected - this probably accounts for the difference with other estimates that are closer to 2%. The UK stats are purely because of our testing "system".

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Wizard Master posted:

Get to gently caress

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

hello ukmt, I just heard the news and came as soon as i could

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

OwlFancier posted:

Counterpoint: No we aren't and it would be good if he died of it because he is a huge piece of poo poo who is responsible for a shitload of deaths.

Setting aside the ethics of rejoicing in his death, from a purely tactical point of view it would be catastrophic for the left if Johnson did die from this. He'd hit instant martyrdom, for elections to come his ghost would be carted out to remind people the time 'the tories died for this country', they'd probably try and get statues of him erected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The real "ghouls" are people like you who quietly vote in favour of human suffering, and then try to put a decorous face on it.

As much as I don't agree with how Boris Johnson has handled everything, I wish everyone with a serious medical condition the best of outcomes and a speedy recovery.