Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

pitch a fitness posted:

hello ukmt, I just heard the news and came as soon as i could

change your underwear & wash your hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

pitch a fitness posted:

come on in, there's a stack of party hats by the door

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

pitch a fitness posted:

The party's just getting started.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

pitch a fitness posted:

:gizz:

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

just wanted to share in the hope and dreams of all involved in the UK, hope you guys don't suffer

as for Boris though, i don't hope he dies, i hope he suffers and ends up debilitated and in pain for the remainder of his life

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Wizard Master posted:

As much as I don't agree with how Boris Johnson has handled everything, I wish everyone with a serious medical condition the best of outcomes and a speedy recovery.
Boris and the other senior tories wish everyone with a serious medical condition to be forced back to work with no disability income, so gently caress 'em.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

Setting aside the ethics of rejoicing in his death, from a purely tactical point of view it would be catastrophic for the left if Johnson did die from this. He'd hit instant martyrdom, for elections to come his ghost would be carted out to remind people the time 'the tories died for this country', they'd probably try and get statues of him erected.

Again I really don't think this is true, this is literally his own loving fault and it's going to pale in comparison to the, like, half the loving country at this rate who's going to lose family from it.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I'm standing by my prediction that Boris is going to be responsible for killing the Queen

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Does this mean that Corbyn gets to be president of Britain now?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When I said 'take it on the chin' I didn't mean mine

Mega Comrade posted:

Setting aside the ethics of rejoicing in his death, from a purely tactical point of view it would be catastrophic for the left if Johnson did die from this. He'd hit instant martyrdom, for elections to come his ghost would be carted out to remind people the time 'the tories died for this country', they'd probably try and get statues of him erected.
I hope he lives and is found to have been the vector that killed the Queen.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Wizard Master posted:

As much as I don't agree with how Boris Johnson has handled everything, I wish everyone with a serious medical condition the best of outcomes and a speedy recovery.

What do you want, a badge or something? Why are you moralizing at people who are just venting their fury and frustration and actually choosing the right target? Okay, you're a better person than everyone else, we get it, there, does that make you happy?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
King Ralph was just a little off.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wizard Master posted:

People celebrating this are low key p. gross, just saying

gently caress off with this :decorum: garbage. It's good when bad things happen to bad people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wizard Master posted:

Sounds like a problem on your end, have you tried not doing that?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Does this mean that Corbyn gets to be president of Britain now?
I just checked the Constitution and the answer is yes.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

this guy's rap sheet is a wondrous showcase journey of the kind of thoughtful decorum he is begging us to show in this time

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
I hope Boris Johnson gets to continue working through a sharp pressing weight on his chest, freakish bouts of deep, wheezy coughing that still pop up weeks later and the niggling fear that his lungs might never get back to normal function.

Am I a ghoul? Take it on the chin you scolding little puke.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mega Comrade posted:

Our enemies dying is Good, Actually.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

HopperUK posted:

What do you want, a badge or something? Why are you moralizing at people who are just venting their fury and frustration and actually choosing the right target? Okay, you're a better person than everyone else, we get it, there, does that make you happy?

Nah, Wizard Master is a worse person than everyone else. If you don't rejoice when someone as unadulteratedly evil as Boris suffers, you are a soulless monster.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wizard Master posted:

You can wish whatever you loving want for peoples health, although I think you're lying anyway. What did you do in the ballot box, what were your thoughts on healthcare then?

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.

Wizard Master posted:

Do you eat the boot with your bare hands or a knife and fork just wondering

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

OwlFancier posted:

Again I really don't think this is true, this is literally his own loving fault and it's going to pale in comparison to the, like, half the loving country at this rate who's going to lose family from it.

I'm not denying the state we are in is his fault but I don't believe that's how it would be remembered in history by the majority of the public if he died. Half the papers are already trying to sell him as the reincarnation of Churchill.

Orange Devil posted:

Our enemies dying is Good, Actually.

After Cameron there was May, after May there was Johnson and after him there will be some equally poo poo politician to take his place.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Wizard Master posted:

i wish you would shut the gently caress up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm not denying the state we are in is his fault but I don't believe that's how it would be remembered in history by the majority of the public if he died. Half the papers are already trying to sell him as the reincarnation of Churchill.

The nazis weren't churchill's fault, though. There is no intrinsic reason why people are going to sympathise with the moron who killed their families because he also loving died.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

genuinely, I hope his pregnant fiancée is ok and uninfected though

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It is not bad to wish death and illness upon Tories, it is in fact good.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

After Cameron there was May, after May there was Johnson and after him there will be some equally poo poo politician to take his place.

R BORIS

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mega Comrade posted:

Oh, indeed. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't hope for object lessons to be left for them by their predecessors.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

What vile, loathsome people you all are

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Oh, indeed. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't hope for object lessons to be left for them by their predecessors.
I'm afraid there is no oxygen. Kind regards - and good luck!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Feel free not to read or post then!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
lol if Boris dies because of his own stupid herd immunity plan.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The 'Boris the martyr' narrative does run headfirst into the reality of PM Raab, though. It's not like the Tories are going to suddenly become more competent and human after Johnson dies.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1243511080602808321

???

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Dominic "I didn't realise just how important the respiratory tract is for continued survival" Raab

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Wizard Master posted:

What vile, loathsome people you all are

I am rubber, you are glue

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Jedit posted:

I should be on the list, but am not. So they already did this.

Oh, how do you find out if you're on the list? I self-reported, but for the 'rare condition' reason which I expect practically guarantees I'll get struck off by someone who doesn't know what it is.

Mega Comrade posted:

He'd hit instant martyrdom

No he wouldn't. He'd forever be a joke on the left, and Tories don't venerate people who are laughed at.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If Cummings gets it...

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/endlesswario/status/1243256692717977600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009