Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Rutibex posted:

yesterday i had to buy 3% milk for the first time, all other kind of milk were gone. i was not disappointed, i think i might just stick with it

It taste good but it's really fattening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

:rip: Macron

you just know some idiot is ordering the Communist Manifesto from there right now without a hint of irony

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Internationale/Performing_and_respecting_copyright

I checked, and is legal to sing the international since 2017. Before it was copyright infringement. Capitalism was profiting from the communism religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTE3sMM2H9I

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 27, 2020

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I set up a quarantine zone in a bathroom near our front door. And I'm following this dude's advice (I can't remember if I found it here, but it's worth reposting): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDuwc9KBps as far as cleaning is concerned for perishables or poo poo we need immediately

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

PederP posted:

Most kitchen salt in Denmark is fortified with Iodide. It used to be a legal requirement, not sure if that's still the case.

Yea but it's a tiny fraction of iodide that barely gets you to the RDA. A lot of americans these days are switching to sea salt, himilayan salt etc which usually doesn't have iodide added.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The emergency powers to the mayors granted by the Dutch central government are kicking in. They closed the parking area for the natural recreation area near our house but people just parked on the street outside of it. I just saw a post from our city council calling that out and reminding everyone because they couldn't follow the rules of being 1.5 meters they have to close the parking down. Also photos of ticketed cars for flouting the rules about parking.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Took the dog for a walk at a local park yesterday and there were signs all around the playground equipment saying the playground was closed and sure enough there was a couple sitting watching their two kids running around all the playground equipment. We're in Syracuse and there are many reported cases here, it isn't like we're in East Bumfuck, South Dakota.

That's where I'm from originally and watching my people out there not take this seriously is maddening

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

hellban big dick butt gently caress that person has an unusual amount of re... stupid as hell, thanks mods

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Has anyone checked on Corbyn yet? Is he doing ok?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

I realized this morning I'm probably not going to the gym in a while and it's a depressing thought. I don't want to go back to being a weak poo poo, and body weight sucks loving rear end

im still waiting for a barbell and some weight to arrive. it might never come :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

hellban big dick butt gently caress that person has an unusual amount of re... stupid as hell, thanks mods

Please use the report button rather than post

hemale in pain posted:

im still waiting for a barbell and some weight to arrive. it might never come :(

Ringfit Adventure is 300 us dollars in japan and back ordered by months now so if your order of barbells ever arrives at the price you paid you're doing well

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Disgusting Coward posted:

You are being very racist. Stop being racist.

thanks for your hilarious contribution

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/evanchill/status/1243315771587125249

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a good graphic that describes the progression of the illness to the critical stage

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen/status/1243281598037913600

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Matt Novak posted:

https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of-covid-19-was-denied-treatment-because-1842520539

A 17-year-old boy in Los Angeles County who became the first teen believed to have died from complications with covid-19 in the U.S. was denied treatment at an urgent care clinic because he didn’t have health insurance, according to R. Rex Parris, the mayor of Lancaster, California. Roughly 27.5 million Americans—8.5 percent of the population—don’t have health insurance based on the latest government figures.

“He didn’t have insurance, so they did not treat him,” Parris said in a video posted to YouTube. The staff at the urgent care facility told the teen to try the emergency room at Antelope Valley (AV) Hospital, a public hospital in the area, according to the mayor.

“En route to AV Hospital, he went into cardiac arrest, when he got to AV hospital they were able to revive him and keep him alive for about six hours,” Parris said. “But by the time he got there, it was too late.”

The name of the urgent care clinic that refused to treat the teen has not been released. Mayor Parris explained in his YouTube video that the 17-year-old is believed to have had no underlying conditions that may have contributed to his death.

“He had been sick for a few days, he had no previous health conditions. On the Friday before he died, he was healthy, he was socializing with his friends,” the mayor explained.

The best country on earth

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Risky Bisquick posted:

I thought it was illegal to refuse treatment regardless of the insurance situation?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hospitals yes.. Urgent care probably not. I once was denied treatment at an Urgent care for one of my kids because I owed them $50 that I was unaware of from a previous visit. I was told to pay up or git out, it wasn't life threatening but still.

See these are the death panels obamacare / socialized medicine have caused.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 27, 2020

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

Lol I'm from Lancaster and my parents are still hemming and hawing about how grateful they are for the American healthcare system and "just imagine how much worse it would be in Canada or Europe!" They conveniently refused to acknowledge that this kid was denied treatment due to a lack of insurance despite the fact that their main criticism of non-American healthcare systems has been based off of this elaborate fantasy where people die in the streets in droves because you have to wait til' the end of time to see a doctor.

And as far as I'm aware, Urgent Care can turn you away if you can't afford the payment. A quick google search revealed: "Urgent Care Centers are not bound by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act and most require some form of payment at the time of service."

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Who needs debt collectors when you can just let people die on the streets. Problem solved.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pulvis Sumus posted:

Lol I'm from Lancaster and my parents are still hemming and hawing about how grateful they are for the American healthcare system and "just imagine how much worse it would be in Canada or Europe!" They conveniently refused to acknowledge that this kid was denied treatment due to a lack of insurance despite the fact that their main criticism of non-American healthcare systems has been based off of this elaborate fantasy where people die in the streets in droves because you have to wait til' the end of time to see a doctor.

And as far as I'm aware, Urgent Care can turn you away if you can't afford the payment. A quick google search revealed: "Urgent Care Centers are not bound by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act and most require some form of payment at the time of service."

That's disgusting and it goes against all medical ideals.

My dad was hit by a car, sent to ICU for 2 days, and they never asked anything regarding payment until weeks later, and eventually it was all covered anyway. I'm so glad I don't live in the US

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Pulvis Sumus posted:

ya that's about to change, but ya if it's like a redi-med or something you need proof of insurance and normally 50 bucks before they'll even see you.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Pulvis Sumus posted:

Hope your parents die

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Rubellavator posted:

Hope your parents die

:chloe: jfc

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/RugeBoris/status/1243445606548455424

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Mozi posted:

thanks for your hilarious contribution

Xi Jinping Fever
Winnie the Pooh Flu
Vocational Deaducation Program

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Rubellavator posted:

Hope your parents die

Hail Rubellavator, Lord of Edge

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rime posted:

Hahahaha, I'm so loving glad I got out of the USA last week. It's gonna balkanize by 2021 at this rate.

Yup

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bollig posted:

I set up a quarantine zone in a bathroom near our front door. And I'm following this dude's advice (I can't remember if I found it here, but it's worth reposting): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDuwc9KBps as far as cleaning is concerned for perishables or poo poo we need immediately

https://twitter.com/bugcounter/status/1243319180851580929

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Pulmonary fibrosis can result from severe ARDS of any source. But ARDS itself has a mortality of 30-50% under absolutely optimal conditions, so if you're at that point pulmonary fibrosis is kinda the least of your worries.

Anybody with ARDS is by definition critical, so look up the rate of critical illness for your age group and your chance of getting pulmonary fibrosis is gonna be less than that
One of the reasons I love this forum is that I can get good medical information from someone named BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress. :ocelot:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

QuarkJets posted:

I give zero fucks. Even 1% is too high to gently caress around with. Getting hospitalized in a car accident is probably rarer than that, but I'm still going to wear a seat belt.

Great analogy, TY^

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i keep reading ards as aids

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
You know in 2016 when I said Trump was going to kill us all I thought I was using hyperbole

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

florida's governor should be buried alive for not closing the beaches

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Boris Johnson has it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Imagined posted:

You know in 2016 when I said Trump was going to kill us all I thought I was using hyperbole

you were, because a Chinese coverup is actually killing us all

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...ronavirus%3famp

quote:

The EPA has been under pressure from a number of industries, including the oil industry, to suspend enforcement of a number of environmental regulations due to the pandemic.

"EPA is committed to protecting human health and the environment, but recognizes challenges resulting from efforts to protect workers and the public from COVID-19 may directly impact the ability of regulated facilities to meet all federal regulatory requirements," EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler said in a statement.

In a 10-page letter to the EPA earlier this week, the American Petroleum Institute (API) asked for a suspension of rules that require repairing leaky equipment as well as monitoring to make sure pollution doesn't seep into nearby water.

:patriot:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Ugly In The Morning posted:

China just reversed course on reopening their movie theatres, and told all of them to close again. No new cases my rear end.

But they did announce they have new cases? Sounds more like you're not keeping up with the news and posting uninformed dross.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 27, 2020

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

VikingSkull posted:

you were, because a Chinese coverup is actually killing us all

If anything is going to kill you, it's Trump sticking his head into the sand at every possible opportunity.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Starting to think the idiot is nervous.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243559373395410957

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

It's absurd how so many democracies have continuously eroded the civic rights of citizens when it comes to privacy, right to a fair trial, government transparency, freedom of movement, etc. But now that there's a legitimate reason to temporarily limit the civic rights, they're hesitating, allowing idiot citizens the freedom to infect and get infected as they crowd and socialize with a highly infectious pandemic raging.

I am so incredibly frustrated at how everyone here is claiming we have a "lockdown". All the while I see crowded playgrounds, joggers ignoring any social distancing guidelines, parties being held in small apartments and numerous other examples of obvious infection risks. Everybody is focused on when and how we'll return to normal. There is a sentiment building here in Denmark that this "lockdown" isn't worth the cost. When I tell people that the cost in lives from letting the virus spread freely would be enormous (10%-20% according to WHO), I'm called a fear monger and an idiot. I guess it is fear mongering, but it's hard to simply shut up in the face of such a risky decision.