Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I want to beat whoever made that graph over the head repeatedly with my copy of

e: 242 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
181 deaths in the past 24 hours, gently caress me. :(

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don’t know if it’s been posted but even if it has every page deserves Cummings legging it out of Downing Street shortly after the coronavirus announcement

https://mobile.twitter.com/antoguerrera/status/1243523925247774722

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status/1243475702109929473?s=20

hoc looking like it's own mini-epicentre

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nenonen posted:

This was bad two days ago when Telegraph printed it but now it's good

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Looking at the numbers in a purely mathematical sense that ignores any medical science or common sense:

80% of people getting infected and 95% of people infected then surviving the disease leads us to a 1 in 25 death rate.

In the unlikely event that death is somehow distributed evenly among the people of this nation, you would be looking at 26 or 27 parliamentary by elections being held as a result of this plague.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
At least we still have whiskey here. In Iran there's a whole second epidemic based on the belief that alcohol fights the virus by consumption rather than disinfection, twinned with the unavailability of safe liquor.

Nenonen posted:

This was bad two days ago when Telegraph printed it but now it's good

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

OwlFancier posted:

This will serve as a warning to the electronic old men.

U... UNATCO?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/murtaman/status/1243542465619136521?s=20

181 new deaths, it looks like it's about to really kick off

also the government's tweet doesn't include the increase from the previous day's total, which combined with their slightly baffling decision to stop counting deaths on the day they happen, makes it look like they're actually trying to obfuscate things

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
stuck at home playing with weird yoyos

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ash Crimson posted:

stuck at home playing with weird yoyos
they're called testicles

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Guavanaut posted:

I want to beat whoever made that graph over the head repeatedly with my copy of

e: 242 times

I’ve charted that up for you to let people understand it better

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

TACD posted:

they're called testicles

i hope to yeet them eventuall

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

ICUs are just about now starting to get saturated

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Who are these 100k people who got tested but didn't have it? Are they all people who had similar symptoms bad enough to warrant testing? Or just the rich and famous?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:crnasickos:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

stev posted:

Who are these 100k people who got tested but didn't have it? Are they all people who had similar symptoms bad enough to warrant testing? Or just the rich and famous?

In Ireland, >95% of testing has been negative. In the longer run that's a sign of a good testing system, but obviously when the system is struggling to get people tested at the start you need to prioritise and focus on the high-risk groups

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

XMNN posted:

also the government's tweet doesn't include the increase from the previous day's total, which combined with their slightly baffling decision to stop counting deaths on the day they happen, makes it look like they're actually trying to obfuscate things

I still feel like there's a big hole in these figures, which is how many of those positives are people in hospital (and how many are being released from hospital after recovery).

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

OwlFancier posted:

Seriously what the gently caress happened in newcastle.

It's been sunny and almost warm. We're all sitting in the garden with no shirt on.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Is there any breakdown of deaths by region? Can only find outdated total cases per region on the PHE website.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol?

https://twitter.com/kennwhite/status/1243152451139784711?s=20
https://twitter.com/kennwhite/status/1243219845753298945?s=20

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I have a question for those who might know: My basic 40 hour pay is £366 (a week) but I work overtime every week, so my usual topline is £600, is there provision that my furlough pay will be a 12 week average or are they not obliged to do that? They don't take average wage to calculate holiday pay, because they don't have to, they just pay the basic.

I am going to spend this 12 week period looking for a better employer tbh, I am resigned to just get 80% of basic, which is really about 57% of my usual pay packet.

Are they really going to take income tax off they pay?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

XMNN posted:

yeah absolutely they're gonna try to lie about death counts.

theres sorta two things colliding to guarantee they do:

1) a culture of not telling the peasants things that will only rile them up. we have the opposite of a transparency doctrine in the UK. its very firmly in the "telling people upsetting things is not in the public interest"
2) whats becoming incredibly apparent is actually the only thing the government "does" is media management. thats why bojo is giving daily pressers instead of spending all day on zoom bashing out laws from a distance.

i was so loving mad at his briefing the day before yesterday where after the lockdown he just came up to talk and not announce any new poo poo. legislation is literally his job, its the only loving use we have for MPs. get back to loving work. stop passing one law then hoping thats it, you're gonna need to be passing laws every loving day and reviewing them the next day.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I hope Johnson lives to stand trial for his crimes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/gypsytravellerm/status/1243513278082539520?s=21

Don't go to prison. Seriously, don't.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I still feel like there's a big hole in these figures, which is how many of those positives are people in hospital (and how many are being released from hospital after recovery).
The other bit that worries me is the: "...of those hospitalised in the UK, 759 have sadly died." Which reads to me that anyone who dies outside of hospital, isn't recorded in the figures at all.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

This paper was already pretty garbage even without the possible fraud. I wouldn't trust what it said either way, it's one of those papers that right from the design has no chance of showing anything and is purely publicity seeking.

E:

Loonytoad Quack posted:

The other bit that worries me is the: "...of those hospitalised in the UK, 759 have sadly died." Which reads to me that anyone who dies outside of hospital, isn't recorded in the figures at all.

I doubt anyone outside of a hospital would even have a test done.

Algol Star fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 27, 2020

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Never trusted experts personally.

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1243326971360292872

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I've taken up smoking again. Got gently caress all else to do except masturbate and play video games.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
cool, so we're not going to know how many people actually died due to this until someone can do some forensic analysis on excess deaths in a couple of years?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

communism bitch posted:

I've taken up smoking again. Got gently caress all else to do except masturbate and play video games.

good idea trashing your lungs before the virus can

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

communism bitch posted:

Masturbate to video games?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

good idea trashing your lungs before the virus can

Gonna go out on my own terms! :argh:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

XMNN posted:

cool, so we're not going to know how many people actually died due to this until someone can do some forensic analysis on excess deaths in a couple of years?

the media will ignore it. it'll be memory-holed for 20 years and nobody will ever face any legal consequences cause iirc there are no legal consequences for this

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

xtothez posted:

We're all sitting in the garden with no shirt on.

this could be any month of the year tbh

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I just got an email from the Rayner campaign.

Maybe I'm just an rear end but her signing off as "Angie" sent a cringe through me.

Also there needs to be a "I already voted, please gently caress off" button where they put their "I already voted, please link me to a survey about my vote" button.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 27, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Angie Larainer

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Loonytoad Quack posted:

They'll convert the ExCeL center to a ship registered in another country so the deaths don't count.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

just found out i'm on an initial 3 weeks off work with full pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Jose posted:

just found out i'm on an initial 3 weeks off work with full pay

Get ready to masturbate like you've never masturbated before