Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

I have a comment on my steam profile that says something along the lines of "obvious walls but a nice guy" and I proudly keep that one.

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Push El Burrito posted:

I have a comment on my steam profile that says something along the lines of "obvious walls but a nice guy" and I proudly keep that one.

from when i played with goon friends:

dumbass that thinks hes good. Brags about getting 400+ ping on a us server like an asshat

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
been playing a bit again, for obvious reasons. every time I come back I suck just a little bit more poo poo. still run into a blatant cheater on prime MM every three games because this game is still crippled by cheaters 8 years after launch. looking forward to that Valorant game on the premise that it will be cheatproof. Overwatch was an alright laugh for a while way back when, but not playing against cheaters all the time was probably the best thing about it.

AUG and Krieg seem pretty decent, although I can't spray them to save my life. I think maybe I just like to be able to scope in and see people because my old man eyes cant see enemies.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
The Krieg's spray pattern is bizarre, takes getting used to. I'm still way better with AK, but if you put the practice in the Krieg's spray is actually way easier. You pull literally straight diagonal left and down. Watching pros spray with it at a distance has been helpful.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
If youre gonna watch one of my lovely videos please make it this one about yesterdays scout escapades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWVf5cAS6KQ

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

ArfJason posted:

If youre gonna watch one of my lovely videos please make it this one about yesterdays scout escapades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWVf5cAS6KQ

A 2 song video? In skateboarding you have to bring the bangers to do that. V good tho

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Lmao if you saw the 12 minute ones i uploaded youd cut my neck off doing a ghetto bird

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
csgo is a great game still and i love it dearly.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

osker posted:

A 2 song video? In skateboarding you have to bring the bangers to do that. V good tho

the scout is the skateboard of cs:go

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Macnult posted:

the scout is the skateboard of cs:go

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Classic force buy every round. I think convincing a team to take an eco is Impossible

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

ilmucche posted:

Classic force buy every round. I think convincing a team to take an eco is Impossible

i refuse to force on an obvious eco in solo matchmaking. if someone on the team forces i'll just bait for them instead

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I have been trying to find the value of a case hardened AK-47 I have but it's like loving witchcraft. Anyone good at this?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

djfooboo posted:

I have been trying to find the value of a case hardened AK-47 I have but it's like loving witchcraft. Anyone good at this?

If you look at the market, you can sell it for market price. If you want to sell to autists, you have to look at how much blue is on there. There was one that sold for like 35k cuz it was all blue.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
There's also Captain_Invictus (I think?) that lives and breathes this stuff, he could probably get a decent price for you too.

Not a lot of people are buying poo poo right now though due to the current plague.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I am still extremely bad at this game.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So people are saying Source2 on CSGO in the near future, but I'm struggling to work out what exactly would change

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

So people are saying Source2 on CSGO in the near future, but I'm struggling to work out what exactly would change

a lot of back end stuff, optimization, map making tools

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

VR?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

They ported over some assets tagged as CS_SOMETHING_VR. Think VNN has something about those changes if you google vnn cs source2

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is vertigo just all wallbangs? I guess so much of the map is plywood and drywall...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
accused once again...... i guess i need to stop using the scout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrD6vXG3gTo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What keybinds do you use? I still have walk on shift and duck on ctrl.

How effective is ducking when stepping out? I get caught a lot by someone strafing out and then ducking under my shots.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

ilmucche posted:

i keep everything fairly stock but use the numpad for common buy commands (armor on num 0, ak/m4 on numenter, grenades 1-4, kit on decimal, etc)

ilmucche posted:

How effective is ducking when stepping out? I get caught a lot by someone strafing out and then ducking under my shots.

i wouldn't bother since it'll take longer for you to reset your aim. combine that with spray patterns normally requiring you to pull down on the mouse and lower level players drooping their crosshairs toward the ground add up to you being headshotted more. you're better off working out ways to reduce your need to peek unprotected

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So.. militia remake? There was some data mining done on half life alyx. Turns out some assests from csgo made source 2 made it into hl alyx. hype!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

sterster posted:

So.. militia remake? There was some data mining done on half life alyx. Turns out some assests from csgo made source 2 made it into hl alyx. hype!

I didn't see any exploding poo in HL:A so this can't be true

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Boombl4 currently remaking that goon vid of the guy who keeps rushing banana and dying.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Push El Burrito posted:

Boombl4 currently remaking that goon vid of the guy who keeps rushing banana and dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMlUUdfq0U

adieu mr pink

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I’m still convinced Mr Pink was a houseplant.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ridiculous defuse by mouse against faze.

Rounds 8 and 10 for reference

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 6, 2020

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

That part where he listens not to rush banana, comes back to site, does a lap around the fountain and runs right back in gets me every time.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

The PTSD is loving real

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

ilmucche posted:

Q - prev weapon
F - flash
V - smoke
T - molly
Left Alt - jumpthrow
E - mic
Middle click - use
Scroll - jump
Space - duckjump

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
yeah honestly the only extra keybinds you should worry about is stuff like use_weapon flashbang, for all your nades. cycling through your nades manually is going to get you killed in a pinch.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
not to mention switching to something else after throwing a nade makes the switch faster than if you let it be automatic. very noticeable when throwing several nades one after the other

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Is there a good aiming trainer that will help me adjust to CSGO coming from (predominantly) OW/Apex? Or, just get better at aiming in general. The aiming feels way different in CS, in those games I feel like I was using my arm almost 100% of the time and it got me by fine, almost felt forgiving, but here it seems like my wrist/fingers are particularly weak and I'm not sure where to even start off with sens because I find myself not able to move as quickly as I should with just my arm? Perhaps I just learned bad loving habits.

E; for reference my sensitivity in those games is about 20 inches / 360 and that feels a bit high to me in C.S. still? Is that, weird? I also just changed mice to something lighter so a lot of my issue could be that.

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 8, 2020

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
aim_botz, recoil master, and training_aim_csgo2

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
they're steam community maps so they should be easy to find

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I feel like death match servers teach you everything you need in terms of aim but I lost my LE rank so I might be stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Professorjuggalo posted:

I feel like death match servers teach you everything you need in terms of aim but I lost my LE rank so I might be stupid

I just played like 2 hours of death match, playing with the sens I've been trying (1.10 @ 800DPI) and I already feel my wrist getting more used to it. Turning is definitely an issue, likely cause I'm used to Apex/Warzone where turning is something you can plan for more to some extent, like, I know I'm sacrificing turning speed for accuracy (same for playing Tracer / fighting flankers as McCree) but, I probably went 10K/20D in most games :toot: pretty bad but I know none of the maps or guns and the last time I played CS was 2003.

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 8, 2020