Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Platystemon posted:

Submerge that watch in five percent bleach and tell me how it holds up.

I want such a watch for obvious reasons.

e: If I had to guess, the pins between the links will corrode and seize. Maybe I should stick to plastic.

Buy a SKMEI for <$15 and toss it when it goes bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb201603_

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cata

Cata

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's clearly CATAT

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Anyone need a copy of DRAG BALL KART to get them through quarantine?

A sweater for the recent mood

Ugh god no why does it look that why why why

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I really don't do well in the cold, I might legit buy this for the upcoming winter.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ThermoPhysical posted:

I really don't do well in the cold, I might legit buy this for the upcoming winter.

I’ve had that on my list for a whole but I doubt my melon head would fit

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Further entries in the silly PPE catagory:

From the Extraordinary Men's Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000853489294.html

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Oh, that looks fun! But the questions are the best:

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

Buy a SKMEI for <$15 and toss it when it goes bad

I would not recommend SKMEI products. I had a SKMEI 1488, and the compass would only give headings in approx. the 200-220 range, regardless of orientation. The other functions seemed fine, so maybe for a basic digital watch, they can deliver. As I really wanted the compass functionality, though, I ended up giving the watch to a friend.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I would not recommend SKMEI products. I had a SKMEI 1488, and the compass would only give headings in approx. the 200-220 range, regardless of orientation. The other functions seemed fine, so maybe for a basic digital watch, they can deliver. As I really wanted the compass functionality, though, I ended up giving the watch to a friend.

That was probably just your pedometer reading

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

That is one unfortunate model number.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Huh, didn't think it'd be available in any colour but white.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

dregan posted:

Huh, didn't think it'd be available in any colour but white.

They claim the battery will last for a thousand years.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

An AliExpress search for 1488 reveals a Clinton/Kaine shirt and surprisingly no blatantly racist poo poo.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

???

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It reminds me of symbols of UFO religions.

Raëlism is the most well known.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
More than you could possibly know. Plus, AliExpress has some other really helpful suggestions for fun quarantine games!

aliexpress.txt

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bees on Wheat posted:

More than you could possibly know. Plus, AliExpress has some other really helpful suggestions for fun quarantine games!

good that AE got something to entertain people of every color and shape #Drilldick

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I have a friend who plays Catan whose name is Cata... birthday gift sorted

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Hirayuki posted:

Oh, that looks fun! But the questions are the best:

I am never going to Belarus. Ever.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Captain Splendid posted:

I have a friend who plays Catan whose name is Cata... birthday gift sorted

It might actually say Catan on the box

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Yeah it looks like aliexpress sellers hot new tactic is to just MS Paint letters off of products in their photos

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Platystemon posted:

Submerge that watch in five percent bleach and tell me how it holds up.

I want such a watch for obvious reasons.

e: If I had to guess, the pins between the links will corrode and seize. Maybe I should stick to plastic.

Yeah, keeping the watch stock with rubber/resin components would be a better choice in these here times. The stainless steel cover and bracelet is a purely (questionable) aesthetic choice on my part.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Killingyouguy! posted:

Yeah it looks like aliexpress sellers hot new tactic is to just MS Paint letters off of products in their photos

I'll never forget the "16bit super metrad" cart I was too gunshy to pull the trigger on

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Snowy posted:

It might actually say Catan on the box

Yeah, looking at that and the eafarers Expansion it seems they're just bad photoshop jobs :negative:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://www.politico.eu/article/spanish-government-under-fire-after-defective-testing-kits-fiasco/

Remember those lovely tests that the Spanish bought from China? Turns out they had gotten them from a no-name drop-shipper rather than a respectable manufacturer. Even in this time of crises, you get what you paid for at alibaba.

quote:

But excitement turned into despair when it emerged that 58,000 of the kits, which had already arrived in the country, were unreliable, offering only a 30 percent detection rate. The government pulled the entire batch, leading to a host of questions about the process the government followed when it purchased them.

On Wednesday, the Chinese embassy in Madrid tweeted that the manufacturer of the tests, a company called Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology, was not yet licensed by the Chinese agency for medical products.

In a statement Thursday, the Spanish government said it would return the kits to the Chinese manufacturer and stressed that they had not been bought directly from China but from a company in Spain.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I like how the Spanish government clarifies that they are dumber than we might otherwise have thought.

Not only did they get duped, they got duped by a middleman.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I live in Spain and am in no way surprised.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

It is the seal of Theosophical Society.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...07-93a0afbdc249

You'll have to DIY the missiles but there's a video of it in action so you know it'll fly.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I just can't stop browsing horrible PPE. This one comes in lots of designs! Presumably stolen designs!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000851212574.html

Well that's unfortunate. Or maybe an easy way to let everyone know you eat rear end?!?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This won't save you from the roni, but huffing your own farts has never been easier!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

yoloer420 posted:

How is international shipping holding up for you guys? I've got ePacket stuff that has been sitting in international limbo for just under a month now.

Same for me. Made three orders in late February on the same day. One of the items came within like a week, and the other two haven't showed up and I'm pretty sure they're lost in the mail or still just in some sorting center in China. I realize that it's crazy times with the COVID pandemic, but airmail from China to Finland shouldn't take two weeks, unless they're driving the planes over on the ground.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Der Shovel posted:

airmail from China to Finland shouldn't take two weeks,

It depends, if your package was being shipped via low priority it might be waiting for some free space on a passenger jet.

Those aren't flying so much so I'm betting the air freight spot prices have skyrocketed

Found this gem when looking for some evidence for you: https://www.forbes.com/sites/cathyb...o/#7404cf697c68

norp fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 2, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Facebook Aunt posted:

I just can't stop browsing horrible PPE. This one comes in lots of designs! Presumably stolen designs!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000851212574.html

Well that's unfortunate. Or maybe an easy way to let everyone know you eat rear end?!?

The FACE/ARSE design is for bath towels.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

norp posted:

It depends, if your package was being shipped via low priority it might be waiting for some free space on a passenger jet.

Yeah, that's a good point, and probably explains why it took nearly a month for my stuff to leave China, but after that (unless they're literally pushing the passenger planes over here) it shouldn't take a couple of weeks for the flights to get here.

Unless, of course, they're outright lying on their shipping information and my stuff is still sitting in a pile either in China or Finland. Or hell, maybe it's actually been shipped a few weeks ago but is in some kind of corona quarantine somewhere.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I ordered some things several weeks ago and the tracking stopped updating somewhere around "hand over to airline" on just about everything. Couple packages still showed up at my door though. :shrug:

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
I'm not sure that the standard tracking info isn't anything other than a random number generator, tied to the names of various places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I got 50 masks from Wish in three days! Express shipping was actually express, for once!