Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Nine months to get a trade deal finished, I wonder how that's going? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
It's a shame Prince Harry was born second because if he became King from all this, all the old idiots have to swallow their pride and respect Meghan.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It's a shame Prince Harry was born second because if he became King from all this, all the old idiots have to swallow their pride and respect Meghan.

The only reason he was allowed to marry her was because he was born second. Even then it's cost him his "royal duties" or whatever.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Sneak Lemming posted:

The only reason he was allowed to marry her was because he was born second. Even then it's cost him his "royal duties" or whatever.

because he was born second and william already had children, to be precise

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1244156535309242368?s=19

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

He just hasn't been able to find a gun.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

lol when your supporters are setting the bar that low

farcry
Jan 18, 2006
He's saying if corbyn won and did there measures and more sooner he would be like hitler.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244338645198352386

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1244352747274743809?s=19

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1244356015174320129

I don't have a clue who this guy is but he seems good.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1212679425629859840

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Cerv posted:

lol when your supporters are setting the bar that low

They had to find something Boris could achieve. "Not actually Hitler" was a line he could never cross.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Man if only we'd been sending £350M to the NHS every week. Seems like they could have used it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSz16x75uUQ

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

90s Cringe Rock posted:

https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1244356015174320129

I don't have a clue who this guy is but he seems good.

This reads like a strong one advert to not go to Oxford, just to avoid being in the same room as all those cunts who'll one day be ruling us.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://twitter.com/JasonGroves1/status/1244554527602282496?s=20

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
lol, I just remembered when Boris literally hid in a fridge rather than speak to reporters.

The report on russian influence has still not been released.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Dravs posted:

lol, I just remembered when Boris literally hid in a fridge rather than speak to reporters.

The report on russian influence has still not been released.

didnt he put failing grayling on the case?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How's herp immunity working out for Boris?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
derp immunity

pdog
May 7, 2013
god I deeply hope it kills them, but as usual it’ll take out the poor and downtrodden and leave them squeaky clean

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1245623432609325059

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Uh... That's the Republic of Ireland not the UK. Due to a much smaller population the Republic is probably going to come out of this pandemic slightly less worse off than the the UK.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

couldnt run fast enough

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Bear in mind, Ireland acted much sooner than the UK to lockdown, it also had fewer clases with a single cluster, and because its a small country inside the European Union, any hit it takes can be evened out fairly easily with a small investment from europe. This is why the banking crisis didn't destroy Ireland the way it did in Greece.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1245720907999514625

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I liked RLB a lot, but it turns out that either her, someone close to her, or her advisors (or all of them) is a loving idiot. Lisa Nandy is also good, although it will likely be Kier to win. Since he went to Oxbridge and is knighted he is also valid to be PM since that seems to be a requirement now.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Whoever wins, we lose

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

huge post incoming sorry, bored

Dravs posted:

I liked RLB a lot, but it turns out that either her, someone close to her, or her advisors (or all of them) is a loving idiot. Lisa Nandy is also good, although it will likely be Kier to win. Since he went to Oxbridge and is knighted he is also valid to be PM since that seems to be a requirement now.

everyone hates Speccy Wrong-Daily (sorry its so fun to say, like barfsack ocrumbo tier) so much, more than corbyn if anything.
if anything she's gone up in my estimation or the rest went down.

i dutifully voted (mostly) the thread line while holding my nose but have only actually started looking at the field properly since this covid bullshit

Nandy impressed early as the only establishment figure whose name i knew immediately calling out the herd immunity plan 1000 bonus points! but looking into her actual speeches and articles she is extremely shallow and vague about everything. she identifies problems but doesnt analyse or solve them.
i dont really buy the fash accusations, since corbyn said poo poo about migrant labour too, but she does seem crap enough that my 2nd pref for her feels stupid

i feel like good political communication is roughly: 1 identify problem > 2 analyse problem > 3 offer solution according to analysis. then basically repeat if you get around to enacting the solution.
Nandy basically sticks to step 1. Which does still put her ahead of like 90% of the chattering class who haven't got there yet.

Speccy was way too meek early on but within a week she's been tying this into the economic setup and quite early on was tweeting out a list of policies that needed enacting right now. I'd say she is solidly in Step 2: analyse, and goes all the way to 3: offering solutions pretty regularly. she doesn't seem particularly good and good lord we'd be throwing a baby bird to the wolves... but she is the only candidate who makes the whole trip from 1-2-3

Kier has basically been pretending this isn't happening, the election and the virus, so as to not make any waves anywhere.
He's offering only the quietest of anodyne platitudes, waiting to say anything at all until everyone else has said it. whats weird is he makes it to 1 and occasionally stabs out of nowhere at 3 but NEVER goes into analysis. which is funny considering he is the forensic mastermind behind labours handling of brexit.

he's also terminally libdem in his policy phrasing, its like it was written by umunna, i'll number the qualifiers that distance it from "ppe for frontline staff". this was from, like, this week not a month ago btw:

quote:

Firstly, alongside an urgent increase in our ventilator capacity, the Government must provide far more[1] reassurance[2] to frontline staff that they will have access[3] to the equipment they need to keep them safe. Masks, gloves and aprons are an essential armour against the virus.

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 17:38 on Apr 2, 2020

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

anyone on the left who imagines that starmer is going to represent anything but a complete rejection of the corbynite turn is kidding themselves - worse, he's probably going to end up cementing much of the north as lost to labour because he's so incredibly mr London Remain Neoliberal

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/peterjukes/status/1246052649130168320?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I like that the uk is going to full brexit in the middle of a depression

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it is essential to crush cummings to preserve anything like liberty in the UK

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cum crushers rise up

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

euphronius posted:

I like that the uk is going to full brexit in the middle of a depression

Can't suffer economic damage if there is no economy left to damage

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

V. Illych L. posted:

it is essential to crush cummings to preserve anything like liberty in the UK

He's got some psychotic views but he's not the evil grand vizer manipulating the sultan, Johnson and the Tories will happily use all the emergency powers to deport all foreign key workers the first chance they get with or without him on staff.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

namesake posted:

He's got some psychotic views but he's not the evil grand vizer manipulating the sultan, Johnson and the Tories will happily use all the emergency powers to deport all foreign key workers the first chance they get with or without him on staff.

he wants to use social science and nudge theory to totally dominate the population of the UK

also the great weakness of corbynism has been demonstrated: given the choice between leftism and liberalism, young urban types will choose liberalism

extremely disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

V. Illych L. posted:

he wants to use social science and nudge theory to totally dominate the population of the UK

also the great weakness of corbynism has been demonstrated: given the choice between leftism and liberalism, young urban types will choose liberalism

extremely disappointing

Giving up on humanity makes all of this a lot less painful, hth