Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

People who bitch about Spam are weak. These are the ingredients:

* Pork shoulder
* Ham
* Salt
* Water
* Potato starch
* Sugar
* Sodium nitrate

It's almost entirely meat with a small amount of binder and a single harmless preservative that keeps it pink. It's literally just salty-tasting pork.

it's true everything made from pork tastes the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Cursed Thread is thataway friend --->

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/TokyoSage/status/1243945835651567616?s=20

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dixville posted:

Woah black betty

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

You wanna take spam to the next level go get some TaylorHam/PorkRoll. Its wonderful, we call it super bacon in my house.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

smh at people who have never had a spam musubi

Yes this is really fuckin good.

Spam and eggs is good too.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Spam is like twice the price of deboned chicken or pork roasts and 4 times the price of whole chicken you bougie fucks

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Spam is like twice the price of deboned chicken and 4 times the price of whole chicken you bougie fucks

Ok?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The best Spam is the reduced sodium one, thinly sliced and lightly pan fried.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inceltown posted:

Spam is like twice the price of deboned chicken or pork roasts and 4 times the price of whole chicken you bougie fucks

Yeah, gently caress those guys and gals for enjoying a treat! You want something other than beans and rice? Class traitor!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Inceltown posted:

And keeps a whole lot longer on the shelf. Which is entirely the point.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Which is why it's so popular with pacific islanders, we jump in, do a war, and then when we leave, it's easier and cheaper to just leave supplies there with the locals. I live in a town with a large pacific islander population and nowadays you can get spam musubi at pretty much every corner gas station in a rainbow of varieties.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1244447871593676801

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

d3lness posted:

Scrapple is a loving crime against humanity and gently caress everybody from PA who likes it. I only hate it because my previous job in Rhode Island had a disproportionate number of employees poached from Pennsylvania. They would not shut the hell up about that horrendous food homunculus of pig flesh made grocery. Yes I enjoy luncheon meats, why do you ask?

Eh, it's pretty much just corned pork hash. It's fine once in a while when you're at some greasy spoon diner. Northeast PA even has a special place for it in our processed meat trifecta of Scrapple/Spam/Monkey meat.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Eh, it's pretty much just corned pork hash. It's fine once in a while when you're at some greasy spoon diner. Northeast PA even has a special place for it in our processed meat trifecta of Scrapple/Spam/Monkey meat.

Please tell me that's slang for something

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Memento posted:

Please tell me that's slang for something

yeah, it's slang for monkey penis

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
googling "monkey meat" got me some fun stories about viruses jumping from primate populations in the congo and some suggested additional searches like "elephant meat" and "balut"

googling "monkey meat pennsylvania" got me a recipe for baloney, dill pickles and mayo diced up in a blender

I think I was happier with the first set of results

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Memento posted:

googling "monkey meat" got me some fun stories about viruses jumping from primate populations in the congo and some suggested additional searches like "elephant meat" and "balut"

googling "monkey meat pennsylvania" got me a recipe for baloney, dill pickles and mayo diced up in a blender

My first thought was about a post I read somewhere once (pretty sure not SA but may be wrong) about a guy who had pubes growing the whole way up his shaft and how he called it his monkey arm. That was also better than what ever the gently caress that recipe is.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Memento posted:

Well la dee daw, someone is too good for some old fashioned bologna pate'.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Was that a Shawshank Redemtion reference in there?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Math text problem making me hungry.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

Math text problem making me hungry.

#1 + #2 = new diaper time

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/rocketfromthe/status/1244093644518367233?s=21

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:negative:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Beer_Suitcase posted:

You wanna take spam to the next level go get some TaylorHam/PorkRoll. Its wonderful, we call it super bacon in my house.

:):hf::)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

d3lness posted:

Scrapple is a loving crime against humanity and gently caress everybody from PA who likes it. I only hate it because my previous job in Rhode Island had a disproportionate number of employees poached from Pennsylvania. They would not shut the hell up about that horrendous food homunculus of pig flesh made grocery. Yes I enjoy luncheon meats, why do you ask?

Yes but have you eaten it on an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich? It’s incredible

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wow, that lady's daughter has really fallen on hard times. If only she'd listened to her mother and not been promiscuous :smith:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Wow, that lady's daughter has really fallen on hard times. If only she'd listened to her mother and not been promiscuous :smith:

I hate that I know what this references.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
modedit for those with arachnophobia: linked for big ol' spider!

https://i.imgur.com/PAypfXv.mp4

Somebody has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Mar 31, 2020

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Samovar posted:

I hate that I know what this references.

It's a reference?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, those nails are loving terrible. Chipped, ugly color. Get your poo poo together Australia.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

:3: he's so fuzzy

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

bike tory posted:

it's true everything made from pork tastes the same

pork the one you love

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or failing that, pork the one you're with

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress YOU for posting gigantic spider gifs in the funny pictures thread

Most common phobia? Let's trigger some strong negative reactions in the fun thread!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The Bloop posted:

gently caress YOU for posting gigantic spider gifs in the funny pictures thread

Most common phobia? Let's trigger some strong negative reactions in the fun thread!

Hey, I'm all for burning australia to the ground again to kill the spiders, but it was funny.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It's just a spider, bro

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spiders are our allies in the never ending war on insects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!
Palette cleanser after the creepy spider stuff:
https://gfycat.com/devotedunderstatedbunting

modedit: beware!!!

Somebody has a new favorite as of 00:21 on Mar 31, 2020