Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RCarr posted:

I went to “Isolation” earlier today and caught a Great White, Whale Shark, King Salmon, Coethlyanth(sp), in about 10 minutes.

What's "Isolation"? Just the name of some southern goon's island? And is your home island Northern?

Cause it makes no drat sense how I can go so long without catching a king salmon. It's not supposed to be rare at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My other two issues with Animal Crossing -
1 - all the colors of the nook miles items are randomized per island so if you get a color you don't like, gently caress you. "Oh you didn't want a green phonebox, gently caress off." "You don't like that your vending machine is red, gently caress you."
2 - Goddamn the multiplayer loading screens loving suck rear end. "New villager is coming in. Come back in a minute." "A villager is leaving, lets just setup a five minute load/cutscene."

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Oxyclean posted:

What's "Isolation"? Just the name of some southern goon's island? And is your home island Northern?

Cause it makes no drat sense how I can go so long without catching a king salmon. It's not supposed to be rare at all.

That's my islands name :)

It's open at the moment if you want to try your luck: JSWXX

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 31, 2020

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Mordiceius posted:

My other two issues with Animal Crossing -
1 - all the colors of the nook miles items are randomized per island so if you get a color you don't like, gently caress you. "Oh you didn't want a green phonebox, gently caress off." "You don't like that your vending machine is red, gently caress you."
2 - Goddamn the multiplayer loading screens loving suck rear end. "New villager is coming in. Come back in a minute." "A villager is leaving, lets just setup a five minute load/cutscene."

Couldn't you trade the nook items with somebody else who has the color you want?

I've got the red kaiju, if anyone wants the red one. I know the green one is classic, but I like having the red one because it's tougher and also a girl.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'll open back up 394 turnip island. I got disconnected for some reason. Thank you for the tips!! Also there's a cool fox mask in Mable's shop.

Dodo code: 6NMCJ

are you still open? code isn't working. i'm bursting at the seams with fresh turnips!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

someone awful. posted:

If you place a house plot and don't accept anyone from an island, will it stay open until you find somebody, or will someone randomly move in the next day?

I think it'll be claimed by the next day

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'll open back up 394 turnip island. I got disconnected for some reason. Thank you for the tips!! Also there's a cool fox mask in Mable's shop.

Dodo code: 6NMCJ

imagine that I put the let me in picture here

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dangit i missed turnip island again! this is what i get for doing literally anything else

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

are you still open? code isn't working. i'm bursting at the seams with fresh turnips!
I got kicked off again. I don't think it's my internet and I'm not being idle for more than a couple minutes at a time.

New dodo code: KQYQK

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Asema posted:

imagine that I put the let me in picture here

Same. Has it been disconnected?

Edit: thanks!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

lezard_valeth posted:

Alright opening up for a couple of hours while I AFK/fish

Finally got my cosmos seeds, left some pansy seeds by your place :tipshat:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Bro, gently caress traveling by DoDo code. Two mins of menus and if you hit the wrong option or your destination is full? gently caress you start over.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Nondevor posted:

Saharah: Security monitor wall, White chocolate flooring, a giant blue Persian rug, black kitchen mat, aluminum flooring
Nook’s Cranny: Blue expresso machine, sturdy sewing box
Seeds: Red hyacinth/pansy/tulip, yellow hyacinth/pansy, white tulip.
Fruit: Native cherries, but I also have some orange trees and a single peach/pear blooming right now.

Still going on with code 8D1DT

turns out besides white rose, I need yellow lily seeds too :negative:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
3PL9L

open to anyone who wants to sell a poo poo ton of outdoor baths at nook's cranny for 8700/ea. right side of the map, across the river

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Why is everyone panic selling turnips at 394 this early in the week?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I got kicked off again. I don't think it's my internet and I'm not being idle for more than a couple minutes at a time.

thanks! I keep getting an error message about interference, but I'll keep trying. I assume everyone is rushing the gate at once.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

EZgrease posted:

Had my first camper visit so I went to say hi. They immediately wanted to move in and I had no option to say no. Nook asked me to build a house, so I waited a day to see if the request would pass but nope. Camper is there forever until you build them a house apparently. That is extremely annoying.

At least for me, this was also the first animal to tell me they were ready to move out after a few days. And I hadn't even been neglecting them like my starting animals!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kiwillian posted:

Selling for almost 4x what I paid feels good to me, plus I have more then I can hold in one trip anyways.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Kiwillian posted:

Are there that many goons playing to guarantee 600?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Flying in now, name's Nizzum. Thank you.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DAL airlines desperately needs a "retry last dodo code" option.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

eating only apples posted:

it will yeah, ankha just suddenly showed up in my town this morning in the plot i'd built a day or two before

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So does CJ just stream himself walking around islands and telling people to fish for him so he could do reaction videos?

What's his goal here.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How often does Flick arrive? I did the spider island trick and now I'm swimming in tarantulas, wondering if it's worth waiting or if he could be weeks away

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ugh I’ve been blowing Nook Miles to try and find the blue flower island for three days now with no results.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Can you still ask villagers in other towns to come to you, if they're in boxes?

Because if so if anyone has any pigs going I'm there

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

supposedly there's a bug related to this so be careful...let me see if I can find a link

https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2020/3/29/21198837/animal-crossing-new-horizons-forced-out-villager-glitch-amiibo-adoption-campsite

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Thanks for being a cool dude and hosting!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The bug only applies to villagers getting forced out via campsite. If they're naturally moving out it doesn't happen

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

Finally got my cosmos seeds, left some pansy seeds by your place :tipshat:

Thanks! I thought Cosmos were super common, I was bummed about my lame seed selection

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Thanks for sacrificing your gameplay experience for us. I left some bells by your house.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

This can glitch your game apparently. I think I saw it on Polygon.

efb

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Thanks a ton! Left some bells on the ground (no idea what's consider a good tip for this sort of thing.)

e: Also dig what you've done with the area. Makes my town feel like a mess. (And oh god the store is a good run from the airport, I'm sure that will be fun if i ever open for turnips...)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Why does Orville sometimes tell me flat out that it's full, but let's me almost immediately retry, whereas other times, he tries to start the flight and I get an error message which causes me to have to start the whole process over again?

EZgrease
Oct 21, 2004

Yeah no it's always (?) a smug villager and you're still in the tutorial, gotta take 'em. If it was Chops you're a loving fool but then I haven't yet seen my favourite best friend so he might not even be in the game :ohdear:

Ah, that makes sense. Guess I'll allow them to grace my magnificent island.

CJ showed up and his first challenge is 3 sturgeonfish :negative:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Well I thought this was going to suck and I'd be scouring island tours all night for someone I could put up with, but I found a cute strawberry rhino on my first one :kimchi:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
question: does anyone have an island where it's raining right now? CJ is visiting and I want the coelecanth collectable, but my rain ended when I only had 2/3.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 31, 2020

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

EZgrease posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Guess I'll allow them to grace my magnificent island.

CJ showed up and his first challenge is 3 sturgeonfish :negative:

are you sure he didn't ask for 3 small fry fish, which he says are surgeonfish-size

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

oddium posted:

are you sure he didn't ask for 3 small fry fish, which he says are surgeonfish-size
you know, between this & asking the player to fish for him, I'm starting to think CJ isn't actually that good of a fisherman. :hmmno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Alright, closing my gates now - thanks to all who visited!

If anyone’s selling yellow lily seeds or white roses at their shop, would love to stop by in the future.